Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

I do want to Apologize for saying this quote right here i made yesterday: "So if you come @ me with the "God this is too hard" or "Man it's brutal" all i got to say is this "I made it that way on purpose because i want you to feel the pain and make you fight your way thought the enemies instead of having it too easy and being bored with the map".

What i meant was it was going to be a bit harder as in little less health and ammo, a bit more enemies and quick thinking. It wasn't meant to taken as "Boy let me be an ass hole and throw in arch-veils that can roast you in one second, put a pit of chaingunners in if you walk thought a door and a bunch of pinkys waiting if you grab an BFG". I'm still trimming down the enemies and added health/ammo where it need to be.

Once that finish i'll throw it up here and let people play test it and see if i need to do more trimming. Again i'm sorry if what i said sounded like i was going to make my map harder enemy wise i was just saying i wanted the player to be quick on there feet and fight there way through not get pissed off or rage quit. Besides if i wanted to be an asshole map maker i can do that in my own personal maps i make lol.

Update:

After a couple of weeks reworking (and being sick not from covid, just a simple head cold i get during the fall) i finally have it finished as the final + revival version of Caven of Sorrow.

Changes to the map:

1. I changed the textures from rocks (they looked ugly anyways, expect in a few places) to stone texture.

2. The corpse that was hanging over the teleporter to go to the next section of the map (the one where it's red and white) that's gone and moved to a different stop in the map.

3. The teleporter room (the one with water in it) has been changed to where now it can be accessable with a switch (i have a wall with a different texture on it to show where the switch is). You can also go throught it on all four sides now.

4. The room (after the water teleporter room) where the wall used to come down after hitting the hidden trip line, that's been changed to once you teleport into the room, walking off the teleporter opens the walls from the room and also opens the switch to the next room (the door with the lion head on it).

5.  I added debrie for more as a visual effect to the map, i aslo added arrows (only two) to show where the blue key card is and a switch is as well. I added more water/water trenches for visual effects to make it feel more like a cavern/cave theme. I put cracks/engraves in where the briges/walkways are because well again visuals effects and i put more lighting where the cracks, engraves, debrie and trenches are.

6. I fixed the secert where the pinky are and added another secert but i won't tell where it is ;). For the secert where the pinkys are, i made it where you teleport in there instaded of being on the outside, walking into it.  i added a switch to leave the secert area so your not trapped in there. I could've made a secert trap where you couldn't leave but i didn't.......and also i didn't want to get yelled at for it either.

7. I fixed the enemy count for both easy (wussie mode) and hard (i wanna feel the pain becuase i'm a sadiest mother fucker), remember i had 96 for both easy and hard difficultys? Well now that has changed i have for easy/meduim (150) and for hard i have (166) Hope that balcences out for a much smoother gameplay and hopes it brings more of a challenge then yawns.

8. I also added a dash more of health and ammo for the harder skills like UV and Nightmare, i could've done a plutoian experiment move where you grab ammo or what ever else you get jumpped by enemies and get screwed over, but i ain't dario causlli so don't worry about that. (when ever there a plutoina communty map project using the assets of plutoina (i.e, the textures), you be your ass i'll be the meaniest mapper ever lol).

9. Yes this is the final and i do mean final verison of cavern of sorrow, i'm glade i got the chances to rework this map because it needed it badly, i'm glade Titan pointed out the issues it had and what not.

Hope this is better then what it was last time when you play it.

10. I do have one request for the Midi composer....can the midi have more of a eerie vibe like Doom 1 E2M4 or Doom 2 Midi called "waiting for Romero to play" style? If not, that's ok with me, just throwing it out there.

So here it is for play testing and please let me know if there bugs or any weird issues with this map, i've played tested it in both GZ and LZDoom it runs fine in those sourse ports of the map.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i fixed the exit as well, at first you couldn't get back or go throught the map again to find the blue key card, i fixed where you can go back through the map or the section to grab anything you missed or looking for before leaving the level.

I also switch some of the door textures out to look like base doors instaded of wooden doors.

I also added switches to make doors open instaded of walking up to them, hitting them or having the monsters opening the next area while your fighting in the current area.

The WAD is under new folder i forgot to change it.

Cavern of Sorrow.zip

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

Hey, is map 24 being worked out? I haven't seen @roadworx post here ever, and I might be interested in stepping in if he's gone missing.

Or maybe step in for another map in general, if someone falls through.

You know now that ViolentBeetle mentions it, i haven't seen @eLeR Creative & @roadworx post here for a while.

I'm not trying to start anything or start drama it's more like i've been wondering what's going on with there maps. 

Side question: Since i posted the rework of my map, is it better now? If need be i can trim the enemy count down more if need be.

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

You know now that ViolentBeetle mentions it, i haven't seen @eLeR Creative & @roadworx post here for a while.

I'm not trying to start anything or start drama it's more like i've been wondering what's going on with there maps. 

Side question: Since i posted the rework of my map, is it better now? If need be i can trim the enemy count down more if need be.

Have uploaded @DFF's map, and will test yours when I find some spare time. Thanx!

4 hours ago, Ofisil said:

Have uploaded @DFF's map, and will test yours when I find some spare time. Thanx!

Ok just wanted to ask because i was like "did anyone play it yet" lol. I understand people have real lives to live and all.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Ofisil said:

@eLeR Creative

@roadworx

Still with us guys?

Yes, I still am. I still have the completion of this map somewhere in the back of my head, but the prose of life overwhelms me.

I will try to mobilize and finish my part in the near future.

@Ofisil
How you doing, man?
Yeah, i'm a little worried about Roadworx, too

Seems to be out of sight since the end of September.
27 of September to be precise.
It is still not a complete month since Roadworx last visit.

If there is no hurry, i suggest to wait until the 27 of October before reopening the map slot.

19 hours ago, eLeR Creative said:

Yes, I still am. I still have the completion of this map somewhere in the back of my head, but the prose of life overwhelms me.

I will try to mobilize and finish my part in the near future.

No worries. As long as you are still here with us, do things at your own pace.

Thanx.

@xScavengerWolfx okay FINALLy found the time to test it. Thrice as good as the first version. Much better visually, and with a welcome increase in challenge. Fixed an issue near the end (bad sector or sth) and will soon add it to the pile :D Thanx!

3 hours ago, Ofisil said:

@xScavengerWolfx okay FINALLy found the time to test it. Thrice as good as the first version. Much better visually, and with a welcome increase in challenge. Fixed an issue near the end (bad sector or sth) and will soon add it to the pile :D Thanx!

Thanks, i'm glade i changed the texture of the walls because to be honest i hate using the ROCK1 textures, they never wanted to line up right.

The challenge is what i meant in the post one time i did say sorry about i bet you all were thinking "oh god! he's going plutionain challenge on us." No it was more of i just wanted to be a bit evil on UV and make the player fight to the end of the level....trust me if i wanted to be evil i could've (if it was in the very hard section of the community project) i could've thrown two arch viles at the start of the map :P.  Make the player really really hate me then lol.

Overall i'm glade it's much better then the first time around. Now i can finally start working on my personal wads for a bit maybe i'll make a squeal to this one but make it a bit more harder, maybe if i feel like it.

It's still the same name Cavern of Sorrow if you want you can put a V.2 on it but i think it would make people confused and go "V.2? there was a V.1 before this?" that's just me though.

Done. This should be the final version. No custom track, so I hope the composers/leaders will provide me one. Contains a few sneaky easter eggs, that for a reason don't count towards the secret count. Revamped architecture, and by doing so, the combat as well. Unless there's a major problem with this one, I ask for it to be included in the OP ASAP.

BTW, I played Going Down recently, and it also features small maps with doomcute architecture that utilises vanilla textures. I wonder if the OP is a fan of that WAD(and maybe even got inspired by it).

Map27ThemegawadJM.zip

1 hour ago, KUBA18i said:

Done. This should be the final version. No custom track, so I hope the composers/leaders will provide me one. Contains a few sneaky easter eggs, that for a reason don't count towards the secret count. Revamped architecture, and by doing so, the combat as well. Unless there's a major problem with this one, I ask for it to be included in the OP ASAP.

BTW, I played Going Down recently, and it also features small maps with doomcute architecture that utilises vanilla textures. I wonder if the OP is a fan of that WAD(and maybe even got inspired by it).

Map27ThemegawadJM.zip

Plz tell me the name of the map.

btw not a fan of Going Down, but yeah I like lots of stuff from it, and I love vanilla textures

Just to let everyone know, I've made a MIDI for @A.H. Sankhatayan's Map29. From what I've seen of the map it looks fitting for the slot.

https://opengameart.org/content/aftermath-0

Also, if anyone working on this project would like to use any of the MIDIs from my album Bedroom Productions, or one of the tracks I've uploaded to OpenGameArt since then, you may.

Theme_Gawad_Map20_Beta1.zip

Here is my newest Version.
More Details and Changes into Corrupted Base. Still working on :P
Added Cyber Demon and more Hell Knights that will appear inbetween as a spawn.

Spoiler

Isn't the biggest Challange in the Map, but i hope it gives the Player a wrong Feeling about Security.
If acting wrong the Cyber Demon could Escape from the back.
If beeing greedy and entering the "Cage" to get the Sphere, the Cage will open and the Rest of the Demons will break free.

Pressing the Button to open the Door spawns Cacos and a Hell Knight in the other Room.

Not sure if the Sphere makes the Player to Powerfull.
Will test it more afterwards, was a Change in the last Minute to trigger the Player :)

Also the Ammonition in the last Room.

I haven't implemented much more Ammo at the Beginning.
It is Map 20 and i as a "HMP-Player" managed to get through it with about 12 Rounds until the Section with the three Doors.

The Secret is:

Spoiler

Use the Chainsaw against the Pinkies... a bit simple :)

And if you come from a prerior Map, you should have enough "spare Parts".

Will look forward to add more Monsters after the Fight in the Cyber Demon Room and maybe change the Doors, to keep them in certain Rooms.

Edit:

Testet with Freedom at Work (and with Controller haha).

Need more Ammonition for the Cyber Demon and i know where to place some Revs :)

Edit2:

Version Updated.

Added Revs, removed Super Charge, added Rockets.

Edited by Azuris

Has somebody the Experience to give me a Advice,
is it possible to turn off the Sound of the Searching Monsters coming from the hidden "spawn Chambers" ?

The Sound to trigger them comes from the blue Entry and i tried to use "Block Sound" on the Line marked in yellow.

spawn.PNG.58bfdaac2c1ce047b9a3d88e97281b60.PNG

Instead of using small openings that let the sound reach a close-by sector, you can create a sector far away from that spot, and join the two sectors (press J on Doom Builder iirc). This way when you make a sound in the original sector the enemies on the joined sector which is far away will hear it

@Azuris Finally found the time to do some testing.

Nice work man. When u have the FINAL final version send it over and I'll add it to the WAD.

I just checking on on how everything is going here. Haven't heard anything for a while, wanted to make sure everything is ok.

As for me i'm just working on personal map at the moment, trying to figure out a good layout for it.

As far as play testing maps i have play tested map 20 by @Azuris i liked it a lot, to be honest i did like the lighting and the layout. The cyber demon fight was great but a bit brutal (that's because i suck at Doom 2 lol).  Overall great map and i notice you made a pillar for the red skull key exit, made it easier to find it.

If there's maps that need to be play tested i'm ok with play testing them because i got nothing else better to do expect work on my map at the moment.

Alright everybody, Map10, Test Version 1 is finally here. This was supposed to be a quick map but it took much longer than anticipated. All feedback in regards to everything is welcome. I temporarily replaced the music with Dry Rot from Requiem, just so that I don't have to listen to stock music when testing.

Due to nature of the progression, I would appreciate some FDA's, just to see how people play the map.

Bullet Frenzy (theme-gawad map10 test ver1).zip

1 hour ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Alright everybody, Map10, Test Version 1 is finally here. This was supposed to be a quick map but it took much longer than anticipated. All feedback in regards to everything is welcome. I temporarily replaced the music with Dry Rot from Requiem, just so that I don't have to listen to stock music when testing.

Due to nature of the progression, I would appreciate some FDA's, just to see how people play the map.

Bullet Frenzy (theme-gawad map10 test ver1).zip

Just so it is on record, I have been working on music for this map as well. Hopefully I have it finished, or at least close to finished, in a few days.

I'll see about recording a demo later today as well.

Thanx for the work people.

I've been very slow on updates this past month due to my job, but I'll check out the project ASAP

1 hour ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

I'm guessing they're either really bad, or so good they've left everyone speechless :D 

I notice you posted it but haven't got around to play-test it yet, been working on my personal and community project maps. When i get a chance i'll check it out.

Edit: I played it and i liked it, but there are some issues i did have.

1. The map is great but the progression is a bit much, like where to go and how to leave a room was kinda annoying for me at least.

2. trying to get to the yellow key was a pain because i was looking for the stairs that led to it, i had to no-clip to get it.

3. The ending where you had to hit switching in the Cyber-demon & Spider mastermind rooms were hard because with the Cyber demon room can't dodge the rockets (which i understand it's the point) and in the Spider mastermind room i got stuck on one of the steps where the pillar is, had to no-clip out of that as well.

4. I did like the shishkabob (or how ever you fucking spell the rotation meat :P) but maybe you should put the faces on it to make it more "spooky" lol.

5. Overall i did like the map, the layout was confusing for progressing though and the ending rooms need to be fixed a bit especially the spider mastermind room where you can fall down to between the pillars. For the button to kill the icon of sin i would make them with something to let the player know "hey, hit the switch to move on". Maybe use a different texture to show there switches on the wall. I got confused to how to lower the bars. 

That's all i got for the map, like i said it was fun but needs to be worked on a bit more. Great ultimate pen map before the final map.

Edited by xScavengerWolfx