Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

9 hours ago, Demonic Meatball said:

@eLeR Creative I noticed two issues, both of them being extremely minor :

First, sector 2765 (in the blue key room, the sector filled with imps) can not lower due to an imp (thing 200) stuck in the wall.

Second, the switch that lower the bars to the exit (Linedef 15695) is slightly too high. You don't really need to adress that one, it's just a bit wierd. Though, if you could mark the exit, it would be nice. As of now, the map ends a bit abruptly.

@Demonic Meatball 

Thank you for the next tests.
- Weird. I've never had a problem like this when testing the platform in sector 2765. I expanded this sector a bit, giving the monsters more living space.
- I added the ordynary sign "EXIT"
- I made a few corrections to the bugs that I caught.
- Some cosmetic fixes.

MAP15testv5.zip

I haven't got around to play test the new update of your map yet. But i wanted to know, do you have a name for it?

On 11/8/2022 at 8:03 AM, xScavengerWolfx said:

I haven't got around to play test the new update of your map yet. But i wanted to know, do you have a name for it?

"Shadows Among Rocks"

I started mapping out MAP16, it will probably be done soon.

But I wanted to make sure - is this the correct interpretation of the theme?

I might change some parts as I develop the map, but it's basically earth, brick and grey base overlapping.

doom167.png

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I started mapping out MAP16, it will probably be done soon.

But I wanted to make sure - is this the correct interpretation of the theme?

I might change some parts as I develop the map, but it's basically earth, brick and grey base overlapping.

doom167.png

It looks subterranean alright so no probs on my end. I would probably add more rocky surfaces 

1 hour ago, Ofisil said:

It looks subterranean alright so no probs on my end. I would probably add more rocky surfaces 

There will be a cave.

So i wanted to ask, would it be ok if i worked on my map 03? I was replaying it and i notice some things that didn't really worked/fit. There not major changes there more like minor changes to areas that need them.

I figure i would ask before i did anything because when i re made map03 in a week then had time to flush out, i also wanted to fix some enemy placement as well.

Again if it's ok with you Ofisil if i can do that or else i can leave it as is. Again there not major changes just some small changes.

So, one day in, I made a layout. Then I discovered I underestimated how compact my plans are, so the whole map ended up about 2048*2048.

I guess it's OK. My foundry map was half-sized too.

image.png

I will start detailing and populating it next time I have time to map, probably in a few days.

9 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

So i wanted to ask, would it be ok if i worked on my map 03? I was replaying it and i notice some things that didn't really worked/fit. There not major changes there more like minor changes to areas that need them.

I figure i would ask before i did anything because when i re made map03 in a week then had time to flush out, i also wanted to fix some enemy placement as well.

Again if it's ok with you Ofisil if i can do that or else i can leave it as is. Again there not major changes just some small changes.

No for the simple reason that everything marked as TESTED has been... well, tested, and it also means that I have implemented slight changes.

No changes afterwards, sorry

31 minutes ago, Ofisil said:

No for the simple reason that everything marked as TESTED has been... well, tested, and it also means that I have implemented slight changes.

No changes afterwards, sorry

It's ok, like i said i wanted to ask before i did anything that would screw up the project. But hey at least i'm checking up and seeing how everything is going.

My relationship with caves was always difficult. Hopefully, darkness will hide lack of details.

doom168.png

In any case, I should present a first version tomorrow, if nothing stops me.

Here's MAP16. It's a bit on the smaller size, but I think it works. Not entirely sure if it fits difficulty curve, but it can be adjusted.

Map name: Rock Bottom

(This post holds an old file, don't download this, only kept in case someone recorded a demo or something)

Theme_MAP16_Rock_Bottom.zip

Edited by ViolentBeetle

So I noticed OP-post been updated and now it says my name on MAP16 and still says TESTED. So I assume it means you have fully accepted it and I should stop thinking about how I can improve it?

PS Am I inheriting the MIDI from old MAP16 as well?

PPS Are we just waiting on MAP26 and that's it now?

7 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

So I noticed OP-post been updated and now it says my name on MAP16 and still says TESTED. So I assume it means you have fully accepted it and I should stop thinking about how I can improve it?

PS Am I inheriting the MIDI from old MAP16 as well?

PPS Are we just waiting on MAP26 and that's it now?

If anyone finds a major issue with any TESTED map I will address it. If it's a minor thing I'll leave it as it it.

No major issues on my maps. i'm just ready for it to be finalized and be ready for the whole community to play.

Edit: i know i've said this once before but i want to say it again: I do want to thank you for letting me par take in this community project. It has helped me get better at mapping, i know i was a green horn aka a noob mapper but over time working on two maps, fixing them, getting them played by others and getting feedback on what i should and shouldn't do really helped me out. Also i'm still proud that i re made map 03 within a week before the old deadline, man that was a grind and a half, but the overall result is it fits better for the theme i was giving. 

So once again thank you and everyone here for showing me that it's fun to make maps and it's great to get others comments and feedback on what needed to be fixed.

Can't wait for the next one if there is going to be another one like this, if so count me in

Edited by xScavengerWolfx : Thanking everyone in this community project

Not really major, but there is an issue with this lift in map07 (specifically Linedef 147)

1995174327_Capturedcran_20221130_222237.png.3a76dfa14a861acc9f1ef23daf137ecc.png    Not only is it not linked to the lift it is supposed to lower, it is also prone to malfunction due to the linedefs in its proximity.

A solution would be to swap Linedef 1476 and Linedef 1985's functions and change the shape of the lift, like this :

903273625_Capturedcran_20221130_222336.png.86dba923594612cdffb78069ee14693e.png

24 minutes ago, Demonic Meatball said:

Not only is it not linked to the lift it is supposed to lower, it is also prone to malfunction due to the linedefs in its proximity.

A solution would be to swap Linedef 1476 and Linedef 1985's functions and change the shape of the lift, like this :

[I should not comment on maps in the middle of the night, everything I piosted before was dumb]

Yeah, the lift line would not work, because it'll be blocked by door. They'll need more space. And a tag. Guess it wasn't noticed because line would mostly not work, and if it was to work, it would collapse the whole level.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Okay people, hopefully this will be the penultimate update:

1) I've posted the complete Megawad, which includes my own MAP26 - Check it out and notify me of any issues

2) It includes the text file that will accompany the final project file - if you find any errors do point them out

3) Also notify me of any issues with other maps - please don't send any reworks of your maps. We'll work on what has been uploaded

Now for the final step:

I'll create the names/intermission text - if anyone can help, please take the logo from the original post, and place it on the title screen. If you feel talented enough you can send a variation of yours, but please keep the basic texture and colour scheme.

@Demonic Meatball if you find the time write something more ominous/imposing for MAP26 - but we can still use 'Doom Dance'

@Jakub Majewski please send over the final art for the title screen - of course you can always send a variation if another idea pops up.

THANX!!!

It's happening! I was just about to go nagging you again.

I'll try to take a look at your map today, but not sure I'll be in condition to play it.

titpic.7z

There we go. New screenshots for all 32 maps. Included a widescreen version and a 4:3 version, hope you can get both to work somehow, depending on the user's resolution. Both in PNG format and in LMP format, latter of which is ready to be put into the WAD without conversion.

Before you do so, please make sure to credit the author of the 3D model used in the picture, sourced here https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/doom-69b6a0bb24214f9f8e7dc433476746a2 . License is CC BY 4.0, so keep that in mind.

23 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

What about custom skies? All cool kids have custom skies.

We are not cool kids.

We are based kids. We do things retro.

For now...

Ok, semi-final file uploaded.

Everything besides the logo are ready.

The project will reach its end at the end of 2022

Thanx to everyone for participating!

7 hours ago, Ofisil said:

@Demonic Meatball if you find the time write something more ominous/imposing for MAP26 - but we can still use 'Doom Dance'

I wont have much time in the next few weeks, my exams are starting. I'll be fully available the millisecond they end tho, which is at the very end of january.

7 hours ago, Ofisil said:

if anyone can help, please take the logo from the original post, and place it on the title screen

If you mean "create an M_DOOM", I already did that a while back, here it is.

M_DOOM.png.4d468df544f0a14e390ce6748889e42c.png