Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

10 minutes ago, Skronkidonk said:

Thanks Bobby I appreciate it! Also don't worry about it, thank you for taking the time and checking out the map. 

No problem, now, back to listening to my favorite song ;))

27 minutes ago, Skronkidonk said:

Okay I'm done so far... I had a few people play test it and so far I've heard good things from it. It's decently hard, decent visuals, decent gameplay, and the Icon fight isn't horrible.

Here is a few screenshots.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Midi is made by me.

THEME-GAWAD30.rar

THEME-GAWAD30P1.png

THEME-GAWAD30P2.png

THEME-GAWAD30P3.png

My god man! How evil are you going to get! that's too many spooky boners. I'm just fucking with ya, looks dope as hell man.

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

My god man! How evil are you going to get! that's too many spooky boners. I'm just fucking with ya, looks dope as hell man.

Thank you so much man! Glad you enjoyed it! Had to put as much spooky boners as possible.

Ah man, looks like all the slots are taken. Would have loved to take part!

Luckily though, I do make MIDIs, so if your in need in any I would happy to send some over and/or make new ones.

Ok i changed the map format from (Boom: Doom 2 map format) to (Doom: Doom 2 map format). I went in and change stuff around to make stuff work so please let me know it works in crispy doom or what ever port you use. I play tested it in both GZ and LZ doom ports and it worked for me. Again let me know if it's still had problems like actions/tags are still not working.

Honestly i don't wanna give up on this because i had fun mapping and go back to fix/changes things when things weren't working. So here's the newer version of it. 

Note: Like i said i changed the map format from (Boom: Doom 2 map format) to (Doom: Doom 2 map format), hope that works. Plus the midi is E2M8 Nobody told me about id.

Cavern of sorrow (A doom 2 wad submission map).zip

3 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Oh hey I forgot this existed for the second time! Damn, I should totally make that second midi

plz do! :)

1 hour ago, SynDoom said:

Ah man, looks like all the slots are taken. Would have loved to take part!

Luckily though, I do make MIDIs, so if your in need in any I would happy to send some over and/or make new ones.

You can PM me a bunch of MIDIs you've made, or create new ones for me to hear.

Edited by Ofisil

@Skronkidonk

Very nice finisher for our megawad. Looks awesome, and is very brutal.

Two questions:

1) Name of the Midi and Map? Also, is it possible to increase the volume a notch or two?

2) Would it be possible to decrease the challenge a bit?

This is a "TIER-6" chapter which is described as 'Far Harder than DOOM II.' in other words, it should be like plutonia/tnt but (i feel) this is way harder. Doable, but feels like it belongs in another megawad altogether if you get what I mean.

I don't want you to make any major changes. Maybe an additional megasphere, two soulspheres, a few more medkits - stuff like that.

The part that I hate, though, is the very first room - the barons turn the first battle into a somewhat unfair one IMO, especially since they appear exactly next to you, giving you no chance to react - and die if using a RL for the incoming horde. If you don't want to remove some of the barons (and maybe some Revs over there) I would reccomend increasing the arena size a bit.

Your thoughts?

On 7/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, Ofisil said:

(by the way, if it's yours send me the title)

The song is dead plumbers song from the plutonia midi pack btw

K, I'll use one of the tunes some have given me for your map.

When u have the updated version ready do send it over.

Thanx!

7 hours ago, Ofisil said:

This is the guy who had no revs for like 15 maps so I expected this

10 hours ago, Ofisil said:

@Skronkidonk

Very nice finisher for our megawad. Looks awesome, and is very brutal.

Two questions:

1) Name of the Midi and Map? Also, is it possible to increase the volume a notch or two?

This is a "TIER-6" chapter which is described as 'Far Harder than DOOM II.' in other words, it should be like plutonia/tnt but (i feel) this is way harder. Doable, but feels like it belongs in another megawad altogether if you get what I mean.

I don't want you to make any major changes. Maybe an additional megasphere, two soulspheres, a few more medkits - stuff like that.

The part that I hate, though, is the very first room - the barons turn the first battle into a somewhat unfair one IMO, especially since they appear exactly next to you, giving you no chance to react - and die if using a RL for the incoming horde. If you don't want to remove some of the barons (and maybe some Revs over there) I would reccomend increasing the arena size a bit.

Your thoughts?

Yea I can decrease the difficulty without a problem!

Also the midi name is gods expression. 

Working on those fixes right now.

I made the fixes you wanted. I didn't change the cyberdemon fight because I feel its a good change of pace and its one of my favorite maps.

I piped up the midi so its louder.

I added more health and removed those pesky barons at the start.

THEME-GAWAD30.rar

Edit: I forgot to mention the map name which is "BloodLust"

Edited by Skronkidonk

20 hours ago, Skronkidonk said:

I made the fixes you wanted. I didn't change the cyberdemon fight because I feel its a good change of pace and its one of my favorite maps.

I piped up the midi so its louder.

I added more health and removed those pesky barons at the start.

THEME-GAWAD30.rar

Edit: I forgot to mention the map name which is "BloodLust"

Neat-o!

No the Cybie fight was great - I should have mention that earlier :)

THANX!!!

EDIT: Quick question - is there a reason your SSECTORS and SEGS show up as simple markers? Don't know if that's an issue for the wad as a whole, as I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to that stuff.

Edited by Ofisil

@StarSpun5000

Forgot to ask you. Will u update your map, or leave it as it is?

I would prefer u r the one who'll make the changes, as I don't want to "ruin" your map, by deleting enemies I shouldn't have and so on.

2 hours ago, Ofisil said:

Neat-o!

No the Cybie fight was great - I should have mention that earlier :)

THANX!!!

EDIT: Quick question - is there a reason your SSECTORS and SEGS show up as simple markers? Don't know if that's an issue for the wad as a whole, as I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to that stuff.

Not entirely sure about that but I think it might have to deal with nodebuilder, That's just my hunch. I'm not very experienced but if it messes with the map let me know. Ask @Bobby “lolmcswagger” I always have problems with my maps for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Skronkidonk said:

Not entirely sure about that but I think it might have to deal with nodebuilder, That's just my hunch. I'm not very experienced but if it messes with the map let me know. Ask @Bobby “lolmcswagger” I always have problems with my maps for some reason.

This seems like a problem, crashes PrBoom+ with complevel 2.

I have no idea what's up with that. It works from editor for some reason. But not when loaded from the game itself.

Have tested it with ZDoom/GZDoom/Crispy and it's ok

Don't have PrBoom+ available right now.

Team, any one has an issue with MAP30? (download the updated project to check it out)

Skronk's node builder has been pretty sus lately, I'm honestly surprised the map even exists and didn't succumb to the BLACK SHIT EFFECT

Just now, Ofisil said:

Have tested it with ZDoom/GZDoom/Crispy and it's ok

Don't have PrBoom+ available right now.

Team, any one has an issue with MAP30? (download the updated project to check it out)

PrBoom+ 2.5.1.7 crashes mysteriously.

unknown.png

And UDB won't let me rebuild nodes. That seems problematic.

I built you some new nodes. I don't know what's up with the nodebuilder used for that. Now it doesn't crash anymore.

No changes made on actual map, a few lines drawn and then deleted to trigger the rebuild.

THEME-GAWAD30.rar

1 hour ago, Ofisil said:

@xScavengerWolfx first issue I've found: in the "star" with the eight corners room, the switch doesn't work.

Any other issues you found? I have the map open and i forgot to change the tag/action on it, thank you for finding it.

5 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Any other issues you found? I have the map open and i forgot to change the tag/action on it, thank you for finding it.

I'll re-test it the soonest possible.

I'm going through it again to make sure everything work and kinda re-working some stuff to make the map run smoothly.

Edit: Ok i went though it again and fixed the issue you pointed out to me, Let's hope this is the last time i'll have to do fixing/reworking issues...who am i kidding there always something that needed to be fixed lol.

Anyways here it is for play testing, if it's good enough then throw it in the pile if there still issues i'll try to fix them and/or make it from scratch (please don't make me do it from scratch)

Cavern of sorrow (A doom 2 wad submission map).zip

Edited by xScavengerWolfx