Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

I played through both Map 10 and 29:

Map 10 is amazing. You can choose many different routes and the map itself feels huge. The rocket launcher secret is very cool as well.

I feel similar with map 29, but in the final fight with the icon mosnters tend to get stuck in each other in front of the switches. They can't move around the stairs very good so they just stand there until the next one is spawned inside the other. It might help to put the monster spawner destination somewhere the monsters can move away from. Also the room with the cyber feels much less detailed comapared to the rest of the map. Lastly, i'd make the megasphere a secret, since the map is lacking one, but thats just an idea.

On a different topic, i made a new version of my map, which fixes some of the problems I mentioned in an earlier post, mainly the visible wall behind the exit line:

Themegawad25v4.zip

39 minutes ago, Titanoxus said:

I played through both Map 10 and 29:

Map 10 is amazing. You can choose many different routes and the map itself feels huge. The rocket launcher secret is very cool as well.

I feel similar with map 29, but in the final fight with the icon mosnters tend to get stuck in each other in front of the switches. They can't move around the stairs very good so they just stand there until the next one is spawned inside the other. It might help to put the monster spawner destination somewhere the monsters can move away from. Also the room with the cyber feels much less detailed comapared to the rest of the map. Lastly, i'd make the megasphere a secret, since the map is lacking one, but thats just an idea.

On a different topic, i made a new version of my map, which fixes some of the problems I mentioned in an earlier post, mainly the visible wall behind the exit line:

Themegawad25v4.zip

Glad you enjoyed them! 

Yeah, I totally forgot to tag secrets in 29 :D The cyber room is less detailed because it's basically just a cave and it's also on the edge of the map size limit.

I'll probably just add some spawner locations in unrelated areas to artificially delay the time between spawning, since there isn't much room to put them in without making it annoying to run around. 

I am eager to see this wad finished and potentially interested in picking up another map from someone who went AWOL.

Also, wasn't MAP05 finished?

I've notice a lot of maps that aren't even finished or heard updates on. Isn't it getting close to the deadline for this to be done?

Also @Ofisil when you have a chance is there an update on what's been going on? I understand people are busy and stuff but i'm just curious because if need be i can step in and help beetle with some of the maps if he wants it as in play testing them.  

I'm alive and preparing an update :)

Sadly my actual job is hell this time of year, so I can't right now.

Thanx for waiting everyone.

11 minutes ago, Ofisil said:

I'm alive and preparing an update :)

Sadly my actual job is hell this time of year, so I can't right now.

Thanx for waiting everyone.

I havent given you a deserved update. I am still working on it!

Okay stole some time today to test map29

@A.H. Sankhatayan

I haven't done a thorough test, and haven't found any bugs so far.

Overall it's a very good map. Some suggestions would be: #1 make it harder as it's a last chapter mao BUT provide some additional ammo in the very beginning (cool tram btw). Stylistically I would definately add more hellish details. More importantly, I would put some holes in the ceiling to let the sky be seen, and brighten those sectors up to create some contrast.

@northivanastan

I really like the MIDI - it fits the level quite a lot (if you are still working on it I would recommend adding a bit of church organ to have it feel more epic and... "near the end"-esque

Plz tell me the name of the MIDI when ready.

Thanx!

4 hours ago, Ofisil said:

I really like the MIDI - it fits the level quite a lot (if you are still working on it I would recommend adding a bit of church organ to have it feel more epic and... "near the end"-esque

Plz tell me the name of the MIDI when ready. 

The MIDI for Map29 is done and published, I could still change it but I'd prefer to spend my time on other things like the Map10 MIDI.

Its title is "Aftermath."

GAWAD-MAP20.zip

So it is done.

Was pretty stressful at work and i hope i haven't overseen any major bug, as my head was burned down when i was at home^^
Was fighting to shut up the Revs in the teleport chambers and i found the solution a few minutes ago while tipping.

- Map should be Vanilla compatible (tested in Choclate an Dosbox, but the latest build from today only in Choclate)

- Difficulties are set

- 2 Secrets (Backpack and BFG) Not to hard to find.
- Pistole Start Friendly

- Arena Fight has three Phases

Spoiler

1.Cyberdemon

2. Hidden Demons

3. Spawning Demons

- Entry is inspired by Map19, Exit is a Portal to Hell.

- Short said, Map is hellish tech base.

I wanted to challange People, but not to destroy them. It is the last Map of the Chapter, the Player should feel as something has been accomplished... or more survived :P

The Map doesn't throw around with Ammo, especially at the beginning. I wanted to force the Usage of the Chainsaw for Pistol Starters.

All this said only for UV, HMP has nearly the same Demon Count but more Ammo / Health.

tg20sc.jpg.08192e04baee0a1347e7b8bbe0f8d991.jpg

Edit:
Secretly changing out the File because found a wrong Texture in the Sky :P

Edited by Azuris

On 11/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Alright everybody, Map10, Test Version 1 is finally here. This was supposed to be a quick map but it took much longer than anticipated. All feedback in regards to everything is welcome. I temporarily replaced the music with Dry Rot from Requiem, just so that I don't have to listen to stock music when testing.

Due to nature of the progression, I would appreciate some FDA's, just to see how people play the map.

Bullet Frenzy (theme-gawad map10 test ver1).zip

Map is awesome. Superb detailing. Thanx for the hard work!!!

Before submitting the final version, I would reccomend adding more damage to the level (as the theme is described as "Tech Base -Dark & Damaged-"

When the map (and the midi) is complete, send it over.

@AzurisThanx for the update man. Looks much better now. Two things: #1 There's a hanging corpse that's blocking the player right next to the red skull key. #2 In the same area when the sectors go down, some large slime trails appear, and I just can't find a way to fix them.     Plz send over an updated map. If you can't fix the slime trail, don't stress too much over it, but do change the corpse, or move it somewhere else. Thanx.

Ok team, throwing in a major update so we can speed things up a bit. I'm moving the deadline to 1st of April. After that day we'll just test the megawad and apply fixes. I'll handle the leftover maps (in case there are some) myself, polish the whole thing, and upload it here for about 15 days of play-testing before creating a new thread for the project's completion.

Now, regarding what's left:

I'm waiting updated/final maps from:

@A.H. Sankhatayan (10 & 29)

@Azuris (20)

I want an update along with a WIP map from the following. I will probably free the map slots at around 03/01/22 if there's no response:

@eLeR Creative

@Friezus Christ

@Vaeros (any update on the artwork for the project?)

@nue

@roadworx

@Black Shuck 97

@Spectre01

@Tanksy

Thanx all. Take care!

P.S. If you have given me a MIDI and I haven't added it yet, plz inform me so that I don't forget :D

Edited by Ofisil

5 hours ago, Ofisil said:

@AzurisThanx for the update man. Looks much better now. Two things: #1 There's a hanging corpse that's blocking the player right next to the red skull key. #2 In the same area when the sectors go down, some large slime trails appear, and I just can't find a way to fix them.     Plz send over an updated map. If you can't fix the slime trail, don't stress too much over it, but do change the corpse, or move it somewhere else. Thanx.

Ok, changed out those blocking Corpses and i managed to kill a Slime Trail aside of the Door you come in.

That one appeared because that Sector had another Brightness.
Also found a glitching Ground Texture on that Room and fixed it.

The large Slime Trails coming out of the blinking seem to have the same Source, when the Lights are blinking in that chaotic Scheme the Engine seems to freak out.
When killing those Effects, the Rooms stays fine.
I'll say it is Part of the psychedelic Lighning Storm :P It doesn't look as present under Dosbox.

Somehow, i have only two Secrets in and it counts three, can't find the Source of this.

GAWAD-MAP20.zip

@Azuris yeah, that's why I didn't mind that much. It adds to the mind-fu@$ery of the room

I'll check the Secret thingy and give you an update.

EDIT: Okay simple thing. Two sectors in the BFG room are tagged as secret. I'll fix it myself.

Thanx.

35 minutes ago, Ofisil said:

@Azuris yeah, that's why I didn't mind that much. It adds to the mind-fu@$ery of the room

I'll check the Secret thingy and give you an update.

EDIT: Okay simple thing. Two sectors in the BFG room are tagged as secret. I'll fix it myself.

Thanx.

Ah perfect, Thank you :)

@Azuris btw name for the map?

I'll add it to the pile along with a MIDI asap - you can re-send any revisions if you want, of course.

@Ofisil Just a question about the people who haven't updated about there maps. Would it be possible if people like me or who ever else has maps done make maps for the slots that will be open? What i'm asking is would it be ok if people who already have there slot(s) done make maps in case they don't reply. 

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

@Ofisil Just a question about the people who haven't updated about there maps. Would it be possible if people like me or who ever else has maps done make maps for the slots that will be open? What i'm asking is would it be ok if people who already have there slot(s) done make maps in case they don't reply. 

It has already be done, so yeah, no probs. It seems that most of these slots will be free, so keep an eye on project updates ;)

On 12/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, Ofisil said:

It has already be done, so yeah, no probs. It seems that most of these slots will be free, so keep an eye on project updates ;)

Ok i will. If MAP 31 is open when the sweep it over, you mind if i take a crack at it? I know it's any theme but can i kinda do a ode to Wolfenstein?

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

On 12/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, Ofisil said:

I want an update along with a WIP map from the following. I will probably free the map slots at around 03/01/22 if there's no response:

Hey, could I submit my WIP map by the 7th of January? There is still some detailing and balancing I'd like to do before making it public.

20 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Hey, could I submit my WIP map by the 7th of January? There is still some detailing and balancing I'd like to do before making it public.

Sure thing!

2 hours ago, Ofisil said:

Okay, freeing these unless I get a message VERY soon:

Map 24 by @roadworx

@nue plz send a WIP. I'll keep your slot for now.

In case @Tanksy doesn't respond soon, I'm tagging @xScavengerWolfx

Will update tomorrow.

Sweet. I'll get started on it as soon as i can.

@Ofisil If you don't hear back about Map 24, I'd be willing to take a stab at it, been itching to try designing something a bit tougher.

1 hour ago, Rymante said:

@Ofisil If you don't hear back about Map 24, I'd be willing to take a stab at it, been itching to try designing something a bit tougher.

Oh this ought a be good. Still loved the prison map you did.

Speaking of maps: @Ofisil i do have a question about Map31. I know it said any theme and limited ammo, was wondering do you want limited ammo and health? Or just limited ammo? i can do both limit ammo/health. 

Okay tagging @Rymante for 24 and @xScavengerWolfx for 31.

As for the question regarding MAP31 you can handle the "survival" bit any way you want. Personaly I would keep the ammo VERY limited - Make sure to add the Super Secret Exit too.