Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

54 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

@RaRu Des2122 Awe, thanks. I wanted to make it fun, enjoyable and hard as hell. Still new to mapping well it has been a year since i started mapping but still. 

Pit of Nightmares of Damnation? You peek my interest.  

Here you go :D

@Ofisil

Could you kindly check the stucking Zombie and move him a bit and the Secrets mentioned by Titanoxus?  I am also not sure if the Secrets are a Error from an older Version or still there.  My Son is born yesterday, i am pretty sure i will not find the Time to check and correct it in the near Future :>

@Titanoxus

Thank you for testing.

Yes, the BFG is reeeeally easy to find, but for People rushing that Shortcut is way too seducing.

It is also possible to take that shortcut with a "jump" before the Plattform has came up, it's tricky, but doable.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ofisil said:

Here you go :D

Ohhhhh thanks.

Edit: Finally got around to playing this and i actually like it not going to lie. Like RaRu said about the midi, i checked it out and oh yeah it's the same. I actually do like that midi for my map, it fit so much better then the one i had before. I think it was Denial by DoomKid from Plutoina 2 midi pack if i remember right. But anyways if there's a Doom 1 theme community map set i'll learn to make Doom 1 maps as well.  

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

4 hours ago, Demonic Meatball said:

Can I do the music for map 21 ?

Sure thing!

Any samples of your work?

10 hours ago, Demonic Meatball said:

Well there's this NoTitleFound.zip

It's kinda old, but what I did since wasn't for doom, so I'm not sure if those counted.

Neat!

Want me to use this, or will you compose sth else?

Normally I don't like to post maps unfinished (i may have even shared this same message for map13) but here's the WIP for my map17. Mainly posting early since it still needs a composer and I'd imagine giving a head start about the general setting and look of the map would be helpful. Not sure if anyone is interested in making a MIDI for the map but I appreciate the effort it takes. If needed i can find and select a MIDI too but that's up to @Ofisil

4 hours ago, DFF said:

Normally I don't like to post maps unfinished (i may have even shared this same message for map13) but here's the WIP for my map17. Mainly posting early since it still needs a composer and I'd imagine giving a head start about the general setting and look of the map would be helpful. Not sure if anyone is interested in making a MIDI for the map but I appreciate the effort it takes. If needed i can find and select a MIDI too but that's up to @Ofisil

I'll compose sth, or use sth from those who offered their work.

Thanx!

@Ofisil Thgawd Addon.zip

Here's an "addon" wad I made. It contains my map21 .midi, a proto-M_DOOM based on the "title card" in the first post,

sprites that replace the pistol with a rifle and a dehacked file that makes said rifle fire faster. The dehacked also puts the level names in the automap.

I got no updates on my maps. Unless people have said something about it and i didn't hear or see it. Otherwise there fine 

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

On 1/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, Ofisil said:

Okay, we seem to be set for the final, three-month stretch.

I'm noting down what's left for everyone to see, but mainly for me to organise things.

MAP10 @A.H. Sankhatayan - Waiting new version
MAP15 @eLeR Creative - Waiting new & fixes 
MAP16 @Thelokk - Waiting first version
MAP17 @DFF - Waiting first version

MAP24 @Rymante - Waiting first version

MAP26 @NeedHealth - Waiting first version

MAP28 @Spectre01 - Waiting final
MAP29 @A.H. Sankhatayan - Waiting new version

MAP31 @xScavengerWolfx - Waiting first version

The one that's left is @nue's map. As there's no online activity for two weeks or so, I'm not freeing the slot for three more days.

After that I'll handle the map my self. @nue if the slot is taken when u read this do send your map. I won't mind returning the slot back to you.

Just saw that post. I apologize for the sporadic activity, the map is almost done.  If your set on having @Skronkidonk’s map being used that’s fine with me.

1 hour ago, Ofisil said:

@nue hey there. To keep this fair, you need to talk with @Skronkidonk and decide together, since you both have a nearly complete map. In any case, if @NeedHealth doesn't show up, you can always try out a new map.

I passed it to him. I think it’s fair cause I was so inactive for a while without a good reason. Message me through here if you need NeedHealth’s map filled. I apologize for the inactivity 

@Ofisil I checked map28 in the "thgawd01 BETA.rar" that's in the OP, and the Node Builder appears to have suffered catastrophic failure in that version. Flats bleeding over, HOMs, invisible walls, and a Revenant falling through the floor (which was reported). I rebuilt the nodes again using DeepBSP, which appears to have fixed the problem. Here is the main wad with 28 working properly again: thgawd01_28fix.zip

Alrighty, 1.0 of map17 is complete. Playtesting would always be appreciated. I should probably make time to playtesting the rest of the maps in the set just need to make time to do so. There will likely be an update with review feedback and soem additional detailing, but this is a good playable state
Map: 17
Name: Charcoal Pit
Difficulty settings: fully implemented

Screenshots:

@DFF@Ofisil

Thgawd Addon.zip

Updated the Dehacked, so it contains Map 17's name, and changed CWILV16 to fit the map's name, yet again.

Also since last saturday I updated the Rifle graphics (some of them were off) and I toyed a bit with sounds and sound replacements.

Hm, actually forgot again about CWILV name length. You can come up with something Ofisil or just name it "charcoal" for CWILV

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

@DFF isn't map supposed to fit entirely in 3092x3092?

you know, i also forgot about that requirement... oopsie
Ill make some modifications then. there is a decent amount of room i can cut. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Rather than make another post i'll edit this one. The map has now been downsized to fit within the correct 3092x3092 dimmension restriction. Link above will have the newest upload.

Edited by DFF

Alright, played through the first three maps, ill try to keep testing maps for balance and general oversights:
@A.H. Sankhatayan
Map01: Nothing really to report, a solid opener that feels fun, detailed and well balanced. Love the crashing plane and the doomcute design of the base. The only thing of note is that the final wave of enemies before the exit seemed a bit sluggish, as they had not teleported in by the time i was in the exit room, and only found them when going back for 100% kills/

@RemoveUwU
Map02: A short but quirky and fun map, definitely one of the nicer sewer's I've swam through. Balance feels good and progression feels fluid. Only issues was some texture misalignments (lines 1013, 1014, and 465). The red key trap was especially entertaining, a great use of arena modification.

@xScavengerWolfx

Map03: a rather strange map, a lot of the same looking tunnel with very intricate attention made to several cracks and diagrams littering around the map. The various cracks, fallen rockery, and symbol marking does a good job of giving detail to what may be a lot of dark tunnels, and gives the map a very unique feel to it. Surprisingly the map is not that confusing to navigate despite the design (lots of teleporters and unmarked doors and switches leading to more of the same) I feel this could be confusing after a lot of the map has been explored though. With this many vertices there was bound to be nodebuilder issues, there's one bleed around sector 552 or 554. A pair of imps and pinkies seem to have missing difficulty settings as they are stuck in eachother (things 29-30, 51-52. I believe the imps should not have hard checked). Theres a missing texture on line 1789 and likely more that i missed, i would just double check all of the lowering walls to see if both lines havfe textures attached to them on both sides. Balance feels a bit too player heavy, with there being lots of leftover ammo and health. I would suggest removing and scattering a lot of the stimpacks. And the player doesn't need a bunch of shell boxes with so many shotgunners even on hard. Also a suggestion, i don't believe this map features a rocket launcher or plasma gun, so it probably does not need to give the player either rockets or cells.

3 minutes ago, DFF said:

Map03: a rather strange map, a lot of the same looking tunnel with very intricate attention made to several cracks and diagrams littering around the map. The various cracks, fallen rockery, and symbol marking does a good job of giving detail to what may be a lot of dark tunnels, and gives the map a very unique feel to it. Surprisingly the map is not that confusing to navigate despite the design (lots of teleporters and unmarked doors and switches leading to more of the same) I feel this could be confusing after a lot of the map has been explored though. With this many vertices there was bound to be nodebuilder issues, there's one bleed around sector 552 or 554. A pair of imps and pinkies seem to have missing difficulty settings as they are stuck in eachother (things 29-30, 51-52. I believe the imps should not have hard checked). Theres a missing texture on line 1789 and likely more that i missed, i would just double check all of the lowering walls to see if both lines havfe textures attached to them on both sides. Balance feels a bit too player heavy, with there being lots of leftover ammo and health. I would suggest removing and scattering a lot of the stimpacks. And the player doesn't need a bunch of shell boxes with so many shotgunners even on hard. Also a suggestion, i don't believe this map features a rocket launcher or plasma gun, so it probably does not need to give the player either rockets or cells.

Thanks for the feed back, I didn't realize it was that bad in terms of level layout. As far as the health and ammo goes i will trim them down, i might trim the enemies downs as well. 

As far as rockets and cells go, i don't remember putting those in, if i did then i guess it was a mistake. 

Overall i'm glade i got feed back because i was going to go through and trim some more stuff up that i notice as well. 

I will get to it when i can at the moment i'm kinda sitting back and letting my wrist rest from mapping too much.