Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ks4

I want to eat burger every day, but i'm afraid to get fat.

My dream order, this is high level.

Edited by Kokrovan

27 minutes ago, Kokrovan said:

Bro I'd be soooo fucking mad having to put together that order lol.

1 hour ago, Kokrovan said:

How's this man still alive???

41 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

Bro I'd be soooo fucking mad having to put together that order lol.

An average McDonalds employee puts together 10 times that many stuff in a day, just in separate orders.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

An average McDonalds employee puts together 10 times that many stuff in a day, just in separate orders.

Right but all at once is a bitch especially when you're only allowed to have so much cooked product on hand at once and you have an official deadline of 3 minutes or less for drive thru.

Edited by Dubbag

I find it's too much of a drain to overthink your diet.

Don't eat fat and sugar everyday and have a nice banana sometimes. Eat an egg. Consume spinch.

I regularly eat sandwiches and yogurt, and I basically never eat breakfast. I do eat a lot of processed food tho. Generally speaking it's worked out so far.

My main weakness is easily soda. It's the one thing that I'd say I flat out enjoy too much to just quit outright, although I typically get the sugarfree stuff.

And besides, burgers are overrated anyway. They're nice every now and again but honestly a good sammich is just as enjoyable 90% of the time.

In my personal opinion, fast food are like narcotics, they'll ruin your body for cheap thrills and "great feelings". That being said, please don't attempt this op, if you want to die early, go ahead. But if you want to not become overweight and die early in life, don't gorge yourself on burgers.

I'm already 32 and eating pizza makes me want to die, don't waste your 20's.

Working the McDongald's breakfast shift is worse imo, so may orders come in for about a three to four hour period going right into the lunch switch, so then you have to get set up for that and make breakfast still and you still have to speedrun that shit.
Can't even count how many times I burned the top of my hand on the upper grill during that switch.

I see nothing wrong to eat burger once the while if money allows it. Even better if it's home-made one, because you have quality control what to put and how to put. Also, it's much cheaper, because you won't need pay additionally for service that fast food chain provides. Besides, food isn't only one reason why people might get fat, sometimes it's enough to get hormonal imbalance to gain weight, even if you eat properly. 

I eat burger at least once a week, sometimes even 2 (but I usually make home made ones) and I never get fat. I try to eat healthy the rest of the days and when I want to eat burgers my organism is already taught well enough so I don't gain weight and calories burn fast. It's all about balance and I am CRAZY about burgers 

My wife cooks for us (2 adults 2 kids) and is a very good chef and provides a balanced diet. Understanding nutrition and the effects of different foods (or shitty stuff...) on your body is important as many have alluded to above. Exercise is also very important for wellbeing and fitness.  Having said that, we did do McDs on Fridays before lockdown hit...

Moderation and being sensible about your food is the way to go.

2 hours ago, Misty said:

I see nothing wrong to eat burger once the while if money allows it. Even better if it's home-made one, because you have quality control what to put and how to put. Also, it's much cheaper, because you won't need pay additionally for service that fast food chain provides. Besides, food isn't only one reason why people might get fat, sometimes it's enough to get hormonal imbalance to gain weight, even if you eat properly. 

I think the issue isn't that eating burgers are wrong if you have the cash for it, I think the issue is that OP wants to eat a burger everyday, so seven days a week. That is wrong because that's a good way to fuck up your body, besides just getting fat.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:56 AM, Doomkid said:

Eating burgers every day is the way to have the body of a Greek god.

Only one really, Silenus ;)

I eat a lot of cheap fast food, sometimes exclusively. 6'/130lbs, not dead. Moving / stressing out / smoking quite a lot, though. Most of the relevant factors are individual and organism-bound. Pretty sure my other health issues will kill me sooner anyway

6 hours ago, ClumsyDoomer said:

I eat a lot of cheap fast food, sometimes exclusively. 6'/130lbs, not dead. Moving / stressing out / smoking quite a lot, though. Most of the relevant factors are individual and organism-bound. Pretty sure my other health issues will kill me sooner anyway

I try to leave smoking for good, but i end up not smoking almost a full week, then i go buy a 10 pack, smoke it in a day, repeat cycle.

Yeah sure, you can treat your self to a burger on the occasion. I do like a burger from McDonalds or Wendy's every once in a while. But its common sense that if you eat burgers and other fast foods every single day, youll be gaining quite a shitton in a short amount of time, so DON'T do that!

Eating most kinds of fast food every day is basically slow motion suicide. Getting fat would be one concern but there would be a raft of others.

It is possible to make tasty healthy food including burgers. A nice juicy piece of chicken (maybe marinated and/or spiced for some additional flavour), fried in a healthy oil or grilled, and chucked in a bun with some actually fresh extras won't be the pinnacle of health food and the bun is a bit high in simple carbs. Still would not want to eat one every day but it won't be the worst thing ever.

Edited by Murdoch

On 3/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

A very pertinent question. Also, how does he have a channel with 2.76 million subscribers? Is there really that much entertainment value in watching a fat guy gorge himself?

7 hours ago, PSI Boredom Ω said:

Yeah sure, you can treat your self to a burger on the occasion. I do like a burger from McDonalds or Wendy's every once in a while. But its common sense that if you eat burgers and other fast foods every single day, youll be gaining quite a shitton in a short amount of time, so DON'T do that!

I'm probably in the minority here but I honestly prefer Burger King burgers over McDonalds. Probably because I only eat chicken burgers from these joints as pork is a big religious no-no (Yeah I could have ordered beef but a lot of beef burgers on the menu had ham on it too and being in a foreign country at the time, I did not want to risk asking them to remove the ham since I didn't know the language very well and probably won't be able to tell them to that clearly so I just stuck with burgers that had chicken as the only meat on it) but I really enjoyed the taste of Burger King over McDonalds.

Though my absolute favorite burger ever was a beef based one that you can get at one very specific and very local shop near my house in my home country. It's just one fast food joint by the side of the street that sells awesome beef burgers for cheap. Yes they are as unhealthy as McD or BK, if not more but I eat them once in a good while so it's fine.

So, I said stuff about preparing your own burgers instead of taking the take-out way out, so here's something from a weekend:

image.png.42aa04a39cbaa5d311dbbe72a8038a37.png

Now for healthiness this isn't ideal for every day eating. This burger is huge, and I was VERY overindulgent with the garnish - cheese? Multi stack it. Bacon? So much, early 2010s Internet told me to calm down. Egg? Yes there is an egg in that burger. I do not recommend you eat this every day, in fact you can get away with a smaller portion, less garnish and a smaller bun or even a crunchy lettuce bun if you're watching the carbs. Even then, a side of greens is a must.

Now, after doing a quick cost calculation, this behemoth burger I struggled to finish?

Seven dollars. Canadian. Basically cost as much as a McD BLT Quarter Pounder, and it's bigger in every way excepted the tomato and lettuce. Probably healthier too, fresh ingredients and all, but the cost is the real winner - you'll get fat, but so will your wallet.

(Totally wasn't looking for a reason to post a burger :p )

I guess you probably could theoretically eat a burger everyday and be ok...

I probably wouldn’t recommend it for 2 main reasons though:

1. It would be a hell of a lot of effort ensuring you burn off / counting all the calories while also still getting all the other nutrients for a well balanced diet, blah, blah. And,

2. Probably more importantly, you would be surprised how quickly you get sick of eating one type of fast food all the time. I managed a fast food place years ago and we got so sick of eating out own product that we would walk around and trade with other stores just to get something different.

I’d definitely stick to once or twice a week personally but if you really are hell bent on eating them every day then maybe just buy the smallest cheeseburger or slider as an entree or something rather than eating a two and a half pound monster every lunch :-P

I’ve never been fat in fact I tried to put on weight when younger. So as a naturally skinny person, I thought okay everything is fine. There are years of my life where 5/7 nights a week my dinner was 2 hamburgers.

Im fine; I worked out and never gained fat. But now I’m early 30s and I have high heart rate and blood pressure. No one who knows me thinks I’m out of shape; I’m basically skinny guy who started moderately weight lifting. But age kicks in and whatever I’m predisposed to kicks in and I’m sure that kind of diet doesn’t or didn’t help.

You probably could eat them every day and not gain weight, but you'd have to be physically active to maintain it. I don't think it will do any favours for your health in the long run though, but I can't see it doing too much harm in the short term. Our bodies are not that fragile, though it depends on the person naturally.

If you insist on it, despite the advice around here, then I would recommend making your own hamburgers with ground beef. Far less shit in it. Your first few attempts will probably make you flinch, but you'll improve over time. Think of it as a long term investment.

You'll probably go off hamburgers naturally though, like any food if you eat it everyday you eventually get sick of it. Except for oats/porridge/ muesli, I will never get tired of that for my breakfast.

If you aren’t physically active or very young, this is not likely to be feasible. You will gain weight unless either of these conditions apply. Unless the burger is made from mercury or something. That way you won’t get fat, there are other consequences for that however which you may want to avoid and those consequences would be the reason you don’t get fat.

Sorry but weight isn't the only thing you need to be concerned with when dieting. If your diet is meat everyday (assuming beef burger) you will have a horrible time fulfilling any kind of fiber or vitamin goal. There is a huge number of dishes that involve meat but also involve rice or veggies, definitely much better than a burger in an equally bad bun.

You will need your money for other things. Fast food will stop you from buying more important tools and appliances in the future if you spend too much on it. Grocery and learning to cook like many people mentioned here are the way to go.

The office job won't let you be as active as you probably need to and combining that with a bad diet is just a recipe for disaster. If you are going to buy food then try ordering indian, middle-eastern or asian dishes to involve more things in your diet. No, you shouldn't live off chicken curry instead of burgers, it is even worse.

I am convinced that these users specifically look for old threads to necropost in, and never with something that makes a necropost worthwhile.

Ill eat a burger on that.