Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Your favorite "trend game"?

18 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

No one said it was the best game ever? its popular because its fun. Saying it doesn't deserve popularity because of YOUR problems with the games is just downright condescending and just petty.

if it was a bad as you say it would have died LONG ago.

those " thousands of other indie games with a new concept" may have been new and cool ideas, but they failed to do what a game needs to do, get people to play them.

what extent? If you get caught, the person who caught you must prove what he saw. it gives depth to the game. but i guess everything needs to be dumbed down these days. its just more evidence you Miss the point of the game. 

that has nothing to do with the game tho, people choose how they play the game.

I NEVER said it was bad, and those problems actually exist, I'm not talking about problems which only apply to me. Bugs are bugs and so are missing features.
First, I never called it a bad game, and second, who said bad games don't live long?
It's all luck when it comes to people playing them, if among us got the marketing right they would've blown up in the same year they were released.
The person cannot prove what he saw. You can't record stuff in among us. And just accusing each other when caught is not "out-smarting" in any way. 
So you're saying the community doesn't matter in a multiplayer game which has no bots?
Also, apparently being a contrarian automatically makes you an elitist and the only possible reason you'd want to do that is to look cool. Whatever you say.
As if there are no people who do the exact same thing on people who don't play popular games. 

1 hour ago, Good-Old said:

I NEVER said it was bad, and those problems actually exist, I'm not talking about problems which only apply to me. Bugs are bugs and so are missing features.

Fair enough

who said bad games don't live long?

Reality says so, A trendy game that isnt well made dies out rather quickly. There is  reason only a few play PUBG nowadays while people still play Minecraft or DDLC

It's all luck when it comes to people playing them, if among us got the marketing right they would've blown up in the same year they were released.

Not really, If a game is good people will continue playing them. strange you would not know that since you are in a Doom forum

The person cannot prove what he saw. You can't record stuff in among us. And just accusing each other when caught is not "out-smarting" in any way. 

Again more proof you miss the point of the game. its going to be a battle of who's alibi is more solid. the Caught Killer or the Catcher. if you actually understand the game, you would know this.

no need to dumb down the game for Easy wins.

So you're saying the community doesn't matter in a multiplayer game which has no bots? 

Yes, There are toxic rooms and there are Good rooms. nothing in the game can be change how a human will act in game, the only thing the devs can control is Anti-Cheats and just plain insta ban offenses like being Bigoted and Cheating.

Also, apparently being a contrarian automatically makes you an elitist and the only possible reason you'd want to do that is to look cool. Whatever you say.
As if there are no people who do the exact same thing on people who don't play popular games. 

I mean hating something JUST BECAUSE its popular is very illogical and just plain petty. "lol i hate this almost perfect game because it has more than 20 players"  Zero logic.

I didn't say there weren't lol.

being a contrarian not something to be proud of. Throw Shit, expect shit back.

EDIT: And I'm still yet to get a Good reason why Among us doesn't deserve to be popular and how you are the authority on what should be.

Also nice work shooting yourself in the foot by instigating a Doomworld Among us session. Popular for a Reason buddy.

Edited by jazzmaster9

13 hours ago, sluggard said:

deleted

Edited by seed

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Fair enough

Reality says so, A trendy game that isnt well made dies out rather quickly. There is  reason only a few play PUBG nowadays while people still play Minecraft or DDLC

Not really, If a game is good people will continue playing them. strange you would not know that since you are in a Doom forum

Again more proof you miss the point of the game. its going to be a battle of who's alibi is more solid. the Caught Killer or the Catcher. if you actually understand the game, you would know this.

no need to dumb down the game for Easy wins.

Yes, There are toxic rooms and there are Good rooms. nothing in the game can be change how a human will act in game, the only thing the devs can control is Anti-Cheats and just plain insta ban offenses like being Bigoted and Cheating.

I mean hating something JUST BECAUSE its popular is very illogical and just plain petty. "lol i hate this almost perfect game because it has more than 20 players"  Zero logic.

I didn't say there weren't lol.

being a contrarian not something to be proud of. Throw Shit, expect shit back.

EDIT: And I'm still yet to get a Good reason why Among us doesn't deserve to be popular and how you are the authority on what should be.

Also nice work shooting yourself in the foot by instigating a Doomworld Among us session. Popular for a Reason buddy.

Nah, Fortnite is one of the numerous crappy games still in popularity.
I don't see what you mean by dumbing down, you can literally copy what the other guy said and still have a high chance of getting through.
I don't hate it just because it is popular. I don't hate it in the first place. It's just the goddamn community. Too much popularity also almost always guarantees people who suck the game's dick. And it sucks to be one of those people.
Among Us deserves to be popular but not THAT popular, it is a good game, but sucking its dick and seeing everything in life that is an oval within a bigger shape as an Among Us character is fucking dumb. And did I ever say I am the authority?

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

There is  reason only a few play PUBG nowadays while people still play Minecraft or DDLC

To be fair, PUBG is still quite popular where I live (even more popular than Fortnite I would say).

17 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

I actually think we guys should try out Among Us together.

I've never had the opportunity to play it, and honestly I'm not sure I entirely understand the premise from what little I've seen from watching others, though I've largely dismissed it because it isn't single player. I'm interested if it can happen.

29 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

I don't hate it just because it is popular.

yes you do

29 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

It's just the goddamn community. Too much popularity also almost always guarantees people who suck the game's dick. And it sucks to be one of those people.

goddamn why do you even give a shit about if people love the game or not

31 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Among Us deserves to be popular but not THAT popular, it is a good game, but sucking its dick and seeing everything in life that is an oval within a bigger shape as an Among Us character is fucking dumb. And did I ever say I am the authority?

how're you getting this upset over a meme? it's a meme, a joke, it's not serious. nobody's seeing among us characters in their damn toast and trying to sell it on ebay for millions of dollars, lighten up for once

Among Us deserves to be popular but not THAT popular

By who's authority? By what standards? I need Substantial Proof.

I don't hate it just because it is popular. 

On 3/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Good-Old said:

welp, I just start really badly hating a game once people start sucking its dick

You have amnesia now, how convenient.

but sucking its dick and seeing everything in life that is an oval within a bigger shape as an Among Us character is fucking dumb

So if people like something you don't like gets super popular its dick sucking... large amount of people can't possibly like something you don't

Look unless you can give me a logical reason as to why Among us doesnt deserve to be as popular as it is other than "LOL I DONT LIKE IT LOL" . then there is no point continuing this discussion.

btw, being a contrarian doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Edited by jazzmaster9

57 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Jazz sus.

Bringing this back on topic, please-

I will say games like Apex Legends, Rainbow Seige Six, etc. I've never understood or cared much for the gameplay but if that's what people are into then no harm imo. As long as they're not getting shafted by microtransactions in order to make the game functional? Fine. I actually miss game modes like Prop Hunt and Murder for Gmod, those were popular back in the early-mid 2010's and wish those would come back- Among Us is basically Murder for Gmod but more accessible for people on mobile clients. I do think multiplayer games do come down to who you play with, anti-cheat software used, etc in order to make the game fun. If you don't find a good niche or group, you're not going to have a good time. 

@Major Arlene The newest Call of Duty have a great spin off of Prop Hunt,with a great tools for the Props to hunt, and balanced to end quick if you're no smart.

I hope newer games also have those styles of Spin off for their core game, Apex Would be cool with some Race maps in how fast are some characters, I also enjoy Surf servers but that's a pain for casual play.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:19 PM, Major Arlene said:

Among Us is hella fun, more fun than I ever actually expected it to be. FNAF's lore is pretty interesting too but I won't touch the games with a 10 foot pole, such a scaredy cat :v

The schools that I work at actually have everyone playing this game during lunch hour. That's fucking amazing that they allow us to play it at the schools with the students.

Other than that though, I'm still a Pokemon fan for some reason. Pretty certain the game series always trends so it counts in some way or another.

2 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

By who's authority? By what standards? I need Substantial Proof.

You have amnesia now, how convenient.

So if people like something you don't like gets super popular its dick sucking... large amount of people can't possibly like something you don't

Look unless you can give me a logical reason as to why Among us doesnt deserve to be as popular as it is other than "LOL I DONT LIKE IT LOL" . then there is no point continuing this discussion.

Popular compared to other "trendy" games. Most others have a lot more content, minecraft for example. 
I don't hate a game JUST because of popularity, people just fucking worship it.
"Sucking a Dick" is worshipping a game to the extent you see everything in life as the game's characters that doesn't even remotely look like its characters or attaching an AU character to every existing thing in life, not the same as a game being really popular.
"Logical reason" Read my earlier posts lmfao
When did I say it does?

3 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

I don't hate a game JUST because of popularity, people just fucking worship it.
"Sucking a Dick" is worshipping a game to the extent you see everything in life as the game's characters that doesn't even remotely look like its characters or attaching an AU character to every existing thing in life, not the same as a game being really popular.

why

do

you

care

9 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

"Logical reason" Read my earlier posts lmfao

I did, they are pretty much minor personal nitpicks that don't really make the game not worthy of its level of popularity.

none of them are "logical reasons" just "things i dont like/understand"

Again, need to do better than that.

Edited by jazzmaster9

2 hours ago, Serum said:

I will represent Call of Duty free-for-all, TDM, and domination until I die

Hardpoint and Headquarters > the rest 

Also, speaking of loving something, I'm pretty sure we all have one thing we like to the point of "worship" levels tbh.

Got some Source mods myself, for one. Human Error is one of the coolest inventions since sliced bread and none can convince me otherwise :^) *readies stunstick*. Ranting about how much you hate something isn't going to make it any worse, and will just make others not want to engage in discussions with you after a certain point... it's tiresome...

There's enough negavitity in this world, just let people enjoy what they do.

I think crafting is evil, and high production values are bad for creativity, but I love that open worlds are fashionable and I have gotten a huge amount of pleasure from Breath of the Wild.

Happy Wheels, i really liked it, but after every big youtuber stopped playing it the levels got progressively worse, idk about it now. 

2 hours ago, fufu said:

Happy Wheels, i really liked it, but after every big youtuber stopped playing it the levels got progressively worse, idk about it now. 

GrayStillPlays well, still plays it. But yeah, custom levels tend to be repeats of the same thing unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I did, they are pretty much minor personal nitpicks that don't really make the game not worthy of its level of popularity.

none of them are "logical reasons" just "things i dont like/understand"

Again, need to do better than that.

In a multiplayer game, the community is important. The fact that private lobbies are better than public ones applies to all games, not just among us. Although I'll bar the numerous community issues this time.
Being a crewmate in Among Us is incredibly boring. Being a ghost is even more.
And the main reason Among Us is popular, because it was played by some popular streamers. That's all it takes to turn an underdog game into a mainstream one.
Among Us is not the first ever game with the concept, it's not original.
And by "I don't understand" it's pretty damn obvious that its not only me, copy pasting what the other guy said to get away with a kill is obviously nothing skilful.

ffs at least try to get what I say

18 hours ago, seed said:

Also, speaking of loving something, I'm pretty sure we all have one thing we like to the point of "worship" levels tbh.

Got some Source mods myself, for one. Human Error is one of the coolest inventions since sliced bread and none can convince me otherwise :^) *readies stunstick*. Ranting about how much you hate something isn't going to make it any worse, and will just make others not want to engage in discussions with you after a certain point... it's tiresome...

There's enough negavitity in this world, just let people enjoy what they do.

I do agree with that, I worship boomer shooters in general. But the thing about people who worship AU is that they used to worship Fall Guys a few days ago, but since it's not the most popular anymore, people went "Fall Guys sucks lol". They would do the same with AU, just wait for its death.

43 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Being a crewmate in Among Us is incredibly boring.

Opinion. Still no logical reason given why it isnt allowed to be as popular as it is.

Being a ghost is even more.

Opinion. Still no logical reason given why it isnt allowed to be as popular as it is.

ffs at least try to get what I say

Oh don't worry. I get what you say just fine. Sorry to tell you that. 

Still no logical reason given why it isnt allowed to be as popular as it is. Swing and a miss.

9 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Still no logical reason given why it isnt allowed to be as popular as it is. Swing and a miss.

Why do things need "permission" to be popular lmfao

3 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

Why do things need "permission" to be popular lmfao

You tell me. you seem to think Among us isn't allowed to be popular as it is now just because you have minor gripes with it.

This is gone off topic, and since you just like spinning everything in circles then i guess lets just leave this here. 

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

You tell me. you seem to think Among us isn't allowed to be popular as it is now just because you have minor gripes with it.

that is not the point, I didn't say "AAAA AMONG US NEEDS TO DIE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF A MINOR BUG THAT ONLY I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH" bruh.

4 minutes ago, Good-Old said:

that is not the point, I didn't say "AAAA AMONG US NEEDS TO DIE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF A MINOR BUG THAT ONLY I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH" bruh.

selective amnesia again?

We are getting super off topic here, since keep changing the narrative there's really no point in continuing this

23 hours ago, Good-Old said:

Among Us deserves to be popular but not THAT popular, 

On 3/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, Good-Old said:

unlike Minecraft which has done a lot to prove its popularity with numerous updates every year, among us doesn't exactly do much. It's been 4 months since the 

On 3/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, Good-Old said:

it's dumb. More often than not, the game doesn't deserve the attention it gets.

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

selective amnesia again?

dude, I didn't say it doesn't deserve attention at all. It's just too much to see everything in life as one of its characters and calling random things sus despite nothing even remotely causing that.