Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

If you could make a WAD inspired by the cover art of any album, what would it be?

I recently bought a couple of albums (CD's) and looking at the cover art for one gave me the idea for this thread, considering how both games and music have badass imagery tied to them, as well as how much they might intertwine. Maybe this could lead into people making WADs that are interactive renditions of a certain piece of album-related art.

So here's the album art I would make into a Doom WAD (when/if I got to that point):

Iron-Maiden-A-Matter-Of-Life-And-Death-ART.jpg.87fbf8132015f2cf17f847916c164429.jpg

(For reference, this is the cover art of the Iron Maiden album, A Matter of Life And Death.)

Not sure what I'd do with this, something vast but highly minimalist I guess.  Especially if I could swing a similarly awesome and rumbly MIDI version of the album to play in the background

image.png.e0aa99df6a3c11283e27d3e8884be4f8.png

@jmac oh fuck yes King Gizz is God.  I think Polygondwanaland is probably my favorite album with my favorite artwork from them too

Just now, StupidBunny said:

@jmac oh fuck yes King Gizz is God.  I think Polygondwanaland is probably my favorite album with my favorite artwork from them too

My favourite album and my favourite band. Nonagon infinity is a close second though.

Something like this probably, with the color scheme and lighting things.

This album is very aesthetically pleasing.

image.png.60f985a06dce07e31f505485540e854f.png

I'd form a corporation called 'id Software' and make a videogame about Space Marines vs Demons from Hell :p

(that should cover at least 95% of Thrash Metal and a good deal of Hard Rock too :p)

Joking apart, Motörhead's 'Orgasmatron' - 'Railroad to Hell' or something; however even in GZDoom it'd be very hard to pull off, but is doable up to a point (Imps on a Train).

o.png

Edited by Martin Howe

Chaosphere by Meshuggh. 

And make it look and play like Neurosphere from Plutonia (itself a tribute to Innmost Dens from Doom 2)

2 hours ago, AmnesiaSilence said:

image.png.2c24bbee26a71fd05741ea2e63af7314.png

Try the wad called "Happy". Unfortunately it's gzdoom-only but has that atmosphere (and maybe even a burzum midi? I don't remember).

WRMwuod.jpg

^ album: Joar Renolen - Gonner (fantastic album btw)

This game looks like inspired by that cover and it's a great use of colours. What isn't great is the gameplay but I doubt they are going to mend it.

What if we had a Doom wad like that, the green slimy worms could be a replacement for pinkies, for example.

Edited by <<Rewind

1 hour ago, <<Rewind said:

Try the wad called "Happy". Unfortunately it's gzdoom-only but has that atmosphere (and maybe even a burzum midi? I don't remember).

thanks, ill check it out

Maybe this 

image.png.58f491241b9df01dad2e5591d7d12898.png

Nah, I'm not sure let me see...

image.png.9c47b32789c57c22763db71720e03aea.png

I haven't heard much Dio, but the album covers are great, maybe this one could be one to be made a Wad

Thinking about it if it was an Imagine Dragons I think Origins would be a better album cover but I don't know

Dan Seagrave's ouvre is basically all potential doom map sets, so that's an easy choice

j735klo.jpg