Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kurogachii

Name your current favorite band/artist

1 minute ago, Reelvonic said:

yep. found an old aqua cd while looking for old cdrom games at a thriftstore. music is catchy

I've been listening to The Verve lately, very motivating songs.

I've been listening to a ton of Cleopatrick, their entire discography is in one of my playlists.

They have the raw feeling kind of rock that I didn't know I needed.

They have one of the best sounds I've heard, with only a guitarist/vocalist and a drummer.

15 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

I've been listening to a ton of Cleopatrick, their entire discography is in one of my playlists.

They have the raw feeling kind of rock that I didn't know I needed.

They have one of the best sounds I've heard, with only a guitarist/vocalist and a drummer.

By the name i thought it was some 80's rockband, god i was wrong lol, nice style of rock they have, very indie but professional at the same time.

GWAR, though I haven't gotten into the last three albums since Flattus and Oderus died. They're fine, and I'm sure I'll get into them at some point, I just still can't right now.

I can put on a Gwar album or movie just about any ol' time and enjoy it. They're all so different but still Gwar. I've also seen them live at least ten times (don't get out much), have awkwardly shook Dave Brockie's (Oderus) hand, given Corey Smoot (Flattus) a just as awkward hug, and talked to Don Drakulich (Sleazy P Martini) for a while and got him to sign my dvd copy of Blood Bath and Beyond. Very cool guys and I'm sure they found me very annoying and awkward, but were very nice anyway.

They're easy to approach if you know what they look like out of costume as they just walk around freely and load their own gear because nobody usually recognizes them except for die-hards. One of the best feelings I ever had was playing with a local band on the same stage I saw them play the night before.

Been cranking Helmet's In The Meantime album in the car lately, gettin' into that good ol' early nineties drop-d groove riffage goodness

I found myself lately cycling between The Cure, Joy Division and The Chameleons. It's all good, things might change later in few months or years. 

16 minutes ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

Steve vai.

HELL YES 

Did u see that song he just released where he totally played one-handed?! He's still a legend

I'm partial to a bit of Joe Satriani myself - that is one of my favourite songs. Just watch him play - it's awesome. My wife likes Vai and we often argue over who is better...

Maiden is always a staple, along with Saxon (Yes, I grew up with NWOBHM). Also, I discovered Hysterica fairly recently. Old-school 80's style metal fuckin' love it!

I've been listening to goth like a total edgelord :DDD (and like Misty lol)

Siouxie (post punk), Christian Death (gothic rock) Red Lorry Yellow Lorry (they don't even call themselves goth xD) and a bunch of others :) 

Hm... Different onces, but today let it be group called back in the day "Russian Depeche Mode":

I will hear a tune not sung to the end

In my dream,

I won't close my eyes

Till the morning comes.

You aren't sleeping

just like me now,

having not forgiven all the things

which happened.

Dances together

Strange dances,

We will wait out a day,

we won't say goodbye.

And at night we will start

strange dances.

Dance under the rain

In the passages of

underground stations.

Edited by UnknDoomer

57 minutes ago, SOSU said:

I've been listening to goth like a total edgelord :DDD (and like Misty lol)

Siouxie (post punk), Christian Death (gothic rock) Red Lorry Yellow Lorry (they don't even call themselves goth xD) and a bunch of others :) 

Siouxsie Sioux, one of the best frontpeople of all time IMO. And what a voice - one of the few singers of whom I semi-regularly hear echoes in American music. A rare thing when most British artists sing in an American accent.

Currently, on playcount alone it would have to be Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, who are in heavy rotation after half a decade. I'm not the fanatic I used to be, but I struggle to think of many groups who've had such consistency over a 50 year career or whatever it's been now.

Jacob Collier... I could go on and on about this dude. I think most young musicians in 2021 could. One of my favorite music Youtubers summed him up well: "This guy is annoyingly good at music."

He started by writing acapella and multi-instrumental covers for Youtube that were impressive and disciplined enough that Quincy Jones personally reached out to him with a request to manage him... This was when Jacob was 16. Since then, he's put out consistent albums spanning lots of genres, winning multiple grammies and befriending jazz legends like Herbie Hancock and Stevie Wonder. He still only 26 so he still has a huge career ahead of him and I can't wait to see it

Hiatus Kaiyote. Australian band. Mix of neo-soul, jazz and progressive. I love it.

1 minute ago, Demion said:

Hiatus Kaiyote. Australian band. Mix of neo-soul, jazz and progressive. I love it.

solid pick, Choose Your Weapon is phenomenal

Busdriver is really good, and cLOUDDEAD, Digable Planets, Under Nihilo, Hella, and Chemical Brothers.

These are some of the musicians I like.

My current fav band is Gloryhammer.

Closely followed by Kamelot, Hammerfall, and Rhapsody of Fire.

Haken.

For good measure, in the spoiler below is one of my favorite Haken songs.

Spoiler

Not possible to have such a thing for me, but that being said, I found myself listening a lot to Uncanny, Merciless Death, and Into the Pale Abyss.

The Killers. Been a fan since like 2012 and still been a fan since. :3

Though for solo artists, I do love Mike Oldfield:

Spoiler

And for anyone who's seen the trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5:

I've been listening to a lot of King Diamond recently, Really love the stories from the albums Abigale, Them and Conspiracy which I all highly recommend.

Like holy shit, I find his vocals fit perfectly for the interpretations of his characters in his songs.

Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Kraftwerk, Alter Synth, Clan of Xymox, She Past Away... those are probably my favorites ^_^  Heck I have a Skinny Puppy tattoo.

I don't think I have one, but Kraftwerk is up there. Great electronic music.

Some other electronic music artists I enjoy are C418, Patricia Taxxon, and Orbital.

Agreed with Doom Dude, Rush is and always will be my favorite band ever. RIP Neil. :(

But Genesis and Alice In Chains come really damn close!