Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, Dyshoria said:

Ive already seen it

Then follow it. Give us more info.

A few screenshots and "here's my wad" will just make people not care if the pictures don't sell it (and right now, they're not selling me at all. Have you heard of a color other than green? Because if there's other sections of the map that aren't, it sure LOOKS like it'll all be green since that's all that's in the pictures you posted).

Make us care about your WAD. Pitch it to us. Tell us why we need to play it, now, over all the other choices we could play.

I'm gonna demo it see you soon. WAD of the day!

I was waiting for sometime for you to post something m8. I gotta say - you are evolving in map making. I like that this one is more tight than the others - no more large, pointless rooms. The gameplay is also better, monster placement is basic but fine.
Screenshot_Doom_20210318_210833.png.13433824997109eb8b1bb713faa29f24.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210318_210934.png.b07427da73e711356f60ce4a141ed8fb.png

This is the spot where you pick up the blue key. You could make some kind of pedestal to place it on top and put some candles or other decoration.
Screenshot_Doom_20210318_210941.png.f130c7a54df202e3a46037bfde37d8e0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210318_211006.png.e1171c43750a804ff981e3b9cd8001af.png
These rooms are ok, but yeah, this map is too green and lacks more texture variety (height variety also).
Keep it up and improve your mapping m8!

Edited by Voxelvoid

1. Use gzdoom you can use mouselook but no jumping or crouching

2. Iwad:doom 2

3. Difficulty: about medium

there I did it

Thanks everyone anyway I’ll follow the thread rules next time I post a map

35 minutes ago, Voxelvoid said:

I was waiting for sometime for you to post something m8. I gotta say - you are evolving in map making. I like that this one is more tight than the others - no more large, pointless rooms. The gameplay is also better, monster placement is basic but fine.
Screenshot_Doom_20210318_210833.png.13433824997109eb8b1bb713faa29f24.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210318_210934.png.b07427da73e711356f60ce4a141ed8fb.png

This is the spot where you pick up the blue key. You could make some kind of pedestal to place it on top and put some candles or other decoration.
Screenshot_Doom_20210318_210941.png.f130c7a54df202e3a46037bfde37d8e0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210318_211006.png.e1171c43750a804ff981e3b9cd8001af.png
These rooms are ok, but yeah, this map is too green and lacks more texture variety (height variety also).
Keep it up and improve your mapping m8!

Thanks for your review it means a lot to me!

DOOMSKIN.WAD

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Vanilla

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-205849.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-205924.png

(Very Interesting...)

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-205948.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-210103.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-210248.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210318-210253.png

I really liked this map, it is short, small, it does not have so much detail in the rooms, practically everything in the sense of decoration is completely basic, but despite that, the combat is really entertaining, not only because of how brief it arrives to be, but also because there are moments in which if the route has some action where you come to find enemies that are Hitscanners or Pinkys, and also that you get to find another class of more resistant enemies and not only place the weakest and annoying to make the fights "entertaining" as they usually happen in other cases, here it is really acceptable for my taste, I have had a great time, and it is appreciated that you have placed the Super Shotgun here, anyway, great job that you have done, colleague, I hope you get to make maps just as better than this one, and much more extensive so that the fun does not end so quickly.

I think you really did good on focusing on downsizing your room sizes from Extra Crispy, but I notice a few things thats hurting the experience.

1. Texture Choice: I get you are going for a distinctive green palate, but there's a lot of tedium and monotony across each room. Especially when it comes to elevations, which are typically a good way of using different textures.

2. Tile Alignment: Don't let tiles scare you off, just make your doors the original texture size and they should look nice. Also, be strict with what textures you use under doors

3. Encounters: The fights were pretty bland and pretty predictable. Either try to continue downsizing or learn more monster encounter types like monster closets/teleport traps. That, and learn the limits you can push a player, and have a good ability to calculate ammo to player. Throw more than you think is what I'm saying.

4. Structures: Your weak point. I know you had hand drew pretty much everything and I didn't need to pull out doom builder to double check. While admirable, learn some advanced toolsets like stair sector builder and gradients to create some nice and easy structures if you want to do fancier stuff. First, I'd recommend you to learn your set of "phrasings"/structures for map creation, like simple stairs, lifts, teleporters, and other such things, before moving on to more complex things like detailing. You can't speak a language till you learn the grammar.

Better late than never. Played on UV, tested in GZDoom 4.5.0

Gameplay

Very basic, in all senses of the word. You have definitely improved in enemy placement, but your map lacks traps of any kind. Traps are an almost essential part of making combat exciting. Teleport traps and monster closets are typical yet effective traps. I'd highly recommend learning how to make those kinds of traps. They'd seriously improve encounters.

Layout

The map's overall flatness is a problem that needs to be addressed. You may want to consider adding some sort of height variation, similar to the classic Iwads. Height variation also helps with gameplay, as you can place enemies in higher areas to put pressure on the player to move carefully and react quickly.

Texturing and detailing

The texturing on doors are a bit rough, with them not being aligned properly. Certain textures are used too much and become a bit repetitive, and give areas a very samey feeling.

Bugs

No bugs, but it is possible to get softlocked in the bloody fountain.

Conclusion

You need to work on adding height variation in some capacity, adding traps and working on your texturing. You seem to be progressing nicely, though.