Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10 hours ago, DSC said:

Fun fact: the coding language Python was named after them!

Yes, and the term spam when referring to unwanted, excessive, or unsolicited emails is a reference to their spam sketch. Because you know, computer geeks and all that.

Talking of spam, did you ever notice that the first two items on the menu don't contain any spam ("egg and bacon" and "egg sausage and bacon"), yet are not referenced later when "Have you got anything without spam?" is asked?

BTW, the Spam sketch is shown on constant loop at the Spam Museum in Austin, MN. (At least I assume it still is; I haven't been to the museum since their move to a new downtown location.)

Was a little boy when i watched Life of Bryan, super funny :D

One of my favorites :)

I'm surprised Holy Grail was not memed more. Because it was way ahead of its time for a movie from the late 70's. 

8 hours ago, Meddy said:

I'm surprised Holy Grail was not memed more. Because it was way ahead of its time for a movie from the late 70's. 

All of the internet Monty Python jokes got really stale before "memes" even existed. The jokes were there, they just weren't called memes, and I'm sorry you missed it. I remember seeing Black Knight T-Shirts at Target back in 2004, and I then knew that it had jumped the shark. It landed safely on the other side, mind you.

Love Monty Python.

This is one of my fave tributes to them. 

Harry Enfield, Eddie Izzard, Vic Reeves and the legendary Alan Rickman doing the classic sketch- 'The Yorkshire Men'

It's hilarious for two reasons , Number 1- it just is and Number 2 - it offended the living shit out of my Mother-in law.

The sketches I love: The cheese shop, job interview, dead parrot, the 4 Yorkshire men and the movies Holy Grail and Life of Brian.

Probably others I forgot about. Definitely has humour the sticks with me.

6 hours ago, Eurisko said:

It's hilarious for two reasons , Number 1- it just is and Number 2 - it offended the living shit out of my Mother-in law.

I take it she was from Yorkshire?

Funny thing is that it wasn't even performed on Flying Circus - it was performed on its "predecessor" of sorts, At Last the 1948 Show. But they did it in their live performances.

i absolutely love their skits, the holy grail is probably one of my favorite comedy movies of all time

too bad cleese is a bit of a cock, but eh

just finished it(took forever cause i played doom ever like 10 mintues)

the ending where they get arrested was funny but kinda anti climatic

im glad i got into it.

19 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

I take it she was from Yorkshire?

No she is very stuck up, comes from a large family so takes that personally and has ZERO sense of humour. I mean none. 

If you've ever seen a show called 'Keeping up appearances' you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

4 hours ago, Eurisko said:

No she is very stuck up, comes from a large family so takes that personally and has ZERO sense of humour. I mean none. 

If you've ever seen a show called 'Keeping up appearances' you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Just another reason you can rearrange "mother in law" to "woman hitler."

Everyday, Ken Clean-Air System gets up at 5 a.m.... and then goes back to bed because it's way too early

19 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Just another reason you can rearrange "mother in law" to "woman hitler."

HA!! Never a truer word spoken Sir.