Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

DISINTEGRATION (GZDoom)

I was wondering when I'd get to see a new map from you, dude, and this was worth the wait! Another kickass techbase level with fantastic texture work, intricate design, fun combat and stylish progression. I had a ball with this one. Great stuff!

27 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I was wondering when I'd get to see a new map from you, dude, and this was worth the wait! Another kickass techbase level with fantastic texture work, intricate design, fun combat and stylish progression. I had a ball with this one. Great stuff!

Thanks man!

5 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

I really want to test your map, but  I have no idea how to load OTEX up with GZDoom. Some help would be very much appreciated.

This is a joke?

Just now, Kuleshoff said:

This is a joke?

No, I swear I'm not joking, or trying to troll you, for that matter. If I load up just the wad as is, I don't see any textures.

Just now, Silhou3tte said:

No, I swear I'm not joking, or trying to troll you, for that matter. If I load up just the wad as is, I don't see any textures.

Select the necessary files with the mouse and drag them to the GZDoom icon.

Sorry, man. I chose the wrong program... I feel like an idiot now. Anyway, Expect a playtest within a few hours.

P.S Sorry for wasting your time.

1 minute ago, Silhou3tte said:

Sorry, man. I chose the wrong program... I feel like an idiot now. Anyway, Expect a playtest within a few hours.

P.S Sorry for wasting your time.

No problem :)

After another of my testing mishaps, I managed to play through your map. Played on UV and tested in GZDoom 4.5.0

Gameplay

The fast, frantic nature of combat is certainly something to praise, as well as the fact that the encounters themselves are fair, and they rely on the player's skills. No cheap tricks here. Seriously though, the enemy placement and the way they're used is done very well. The only problems I have with the map is the one encounter with three cacos, which slowed down the pacing, due to only being armed with the shotgun and chaingun at that point and the room with the rocket launcher not having enough rockets. Another issue I had was the amount of health items in the map being very low in general, especially in the Spider-demon room. Adding a few stim packs here and there wouldn't go amiss.

Layout

Relatively simple but not needlessly so, with some nice height variation here and there. No real critiques here.

Texturing and detailing

Solid texture work, making nice use of the fantastic textures provided by OTEX. Detailing is kept to a minimum, but the environments themselves don't feel under-detailed ( if this makes any sense) or barren.

Bugs

None.

Conclusion

A great map that needs just a few tweaks here and there. Otherwise, good work.

I think I accidently downloaded the config file, and not the actual file in wad format, so sorry about that. I wasn't trying to troll you, or anything.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:32 AM, Biodegradable said:

This map, this music! It’s like watching Matrix in Hell. I was all the time expecting you’d say “Operator, I need more guns”. 😄

I tested Disintegration.wad with GZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, well designed map, 80/100. I completed Disintegration.wad in 22 minutes, and I had to restart the map at least 4 times. The restriction on health & ammo in the map increases the difficulty. If you ran out of ammo in a certain part of the map, you would need to restart the map, because ammo is provided in minimal amounts. Consider adding more enemies to the map to increase the difficulty of the map. Fighting the Imps, Soldiers, and Shotgunners was not challenging. The lower end enemies are more dangerous when these enemies are ambushing the player. Enemies appear in front of the player in the map instead of ambushing the player. Revenants need a better view of the player to shoot rockets at the player.