• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

41 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

What's the story behind this set? I must admit I am a little confused O.o

Spoiler

I guess they could not wait for April 1.

Or maybe they plan on releasing the final version on April Fools' Day?

3 minutes ago, Rudolph said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess they could not wait for April 1.

Or maybe they plan on releasing the final version on April Fools' Day?

Spoiler

Ah, I see ;)

Me alegra mucho ver mas del español!

Edited by Gaia74 : me being ignorant

The Google Traslate hurts me.

I know what's feels now when people read me, madre mia.

Now all that is left is for noted Doom Youtuber deciño to provide their wonderful playthrough of this masterpiece. Gracias, a todos! Dos Colas por favor!

25 minutes ago, an_mutt said:

Now all that is left is for noted Doom Youtuber deciño to provide their wonderful playthrough of this masterpiece. Gracias, a todos! Dos Colas por favor!

Or a review from El Decano de Doom.

''una pequeña ayuda de un hispano-hablante, camaradas!
los ajustes de dificultad en español.''

;)

Translation:

''a little help from a spanish speaker, pals!
the difficultity settings on spanish.''

;)

Dificultades español.zip

2 hours ago, kmxexii said:

I'm slightly disappointed that this wasn't a dark horse Spanish community project a la JCP but this is pretty freakin' cool. lol at MAP30; makes me think that you guys are angling for an official add-on release. would love to read the dev notes.

just hope the ''hispanismo'' will not be seen as offensive cultural appropiation.

I'm spanish speaker and i didn't found it offensive at all... but some people that doesn't speak spanish, for unknown reasons to me, may find it offensive to us

:/

reporting things:

Spoiler

- In map02 I could snag the RL earlier by bumping the window with sr40, using the stairs for speed. If doing this the secret flag would render pointless, so I'm guessing this bump isn't an intentional alternative?

- Same map, wrong texture here (lift in room past BK door)

- In map06, not sure what's the hint for the secret computer in this wall, am I not seeing something?

19 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Hide contents

- In map02 I could snag the RL earlier by bumping the window with sr40, using the stairs for speed. If doing this the secret flag would render pointless, so I'm guessing this bump isn't an intentional alternative?

Spoiler

It's funny because that RL got moved a bit because of an even easier bump, but I tried it now and it seems it's a pretty easy bump.

Edited by GarrettChan

aquí reportando más cosas (part 2):

Spoiler

- In map 09, the small crusher room to the north can become inaccessible if the player leaves immediately while the crusher is active and close to the ground, because of the "crusher stop" trigger. Maybe a punishment for reacting too scared I guess, it's a sudden slow crusher so you either rush to what looks like it could be the safest spot or get squashed in seconds, so it isn't technically in need of a fix, though I would imagine that missing the blue armor could be really really bad with all the forced pain liquids, particularly the YK race... (On replay you just avoid that happening and it should be all good). 

- In map 10, the exit switch is always completely free so you can simply skip everything past the RK door if you wanted. Is that intentional?

- Side note: the final setup gives 240 cells -6 BFG shots- for only 4 archviles, which is overkill imo considering that pressure is free from one of the three openings. Perhaps some tp mancs or trons or whatever in that free opening would justify the cell count, just thinking... 

- In map 11, a little observation: I saw the possibility to jump from that window to the corner full of trees and made it in one attempt, then snagged the BFG. I found out later that wasn't the only access, though tbh I liked this jump more than the intended way. 

- This message is cut off. A slightly shortened text could be "necesita una llave [insert colour] para activar esto". Also lol the soulsphere message makes me laugh every time :D 

26 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

aquí reportando más cosas (part 2):

Hide contents

- In map 09, the small crusher room to the north can become inaccessible if the player leaves immediately while... 

- In map 10, the exit switch is always completely free so you can simply skip everything past the RK door if you wanted. Is that intentional? 

- In map 11, a little observation: I saw the possibility to jump from that window to the corner full of trees and made it in one attempt,...

Spoiler

1. I found this earlier, but I guess he likes this idea to punish this, so I didn't report. I would say it's unlikely to be changed.

2. Intentional. It's kind of like you can coward out the map because there's almost no health/armor. I guess the BFG with many cells are a reward for you to get there.

3. I found this earlier, but I guess he likes this idea to award this, so he didn't change it.

4. Why 1 and 3 look the same? Because they look the same.

14 hours ago, kmxexii said:

I'm slightly disappointed that this wasn't a dark horse Spanish community project a la JCP but this is pretty freakin' cool. lol at MAP30; makes me think that you guys are angling for an official add-on release. would love to read the dev notes.

I'm not sure if there's enough of us who do mapping to make a project of that scale.