Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

Olè me encanta andale andale ariba ariba

MAP02 got a Z_Malloc error on doom2.exe, here's a video of MAP01 FDA:

18 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

MAP02 got a Z_Malloc error on doom2.exe, here's a video of MAP01 FDA:

You got an actual lmp demo of this? I'd be interested in actually debugging to find out what the issue is.

22 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

if we gonna change names, i propose change also Jimmy for Juan.

I think the spanish equivalent of 'James' is 'Jaime' and considering 'Jimmy' is a diminutive of 'James' the most direct spanish version of 'Jimmy' would be 'Jaimito'

7 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

I think the spanish equivalent of 'James' is 'Jaime' and considering 'Jimmy' is a diminutive of 'James' the most direct spanish version of 'Jimmy' would be 'Jaimito'

image.png.4379e1666cf97011c10004183c8c751c.png

25 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

In fact, the spanish equivalent of 'James' is 'Santiago.'

todavía more things to reportar (part 3):

Spoiler

- In map 12, this revenant was immobile til I shot him. Actually please don't change that :p

- In map 32, after the first chaingunner trap I took the tp which sent me back to the baron hallway, with barons still alive who instantly destroyed me during that brief tp second you can't move. I assumed I was meant to let the crusher do the job while I minded my own business somewhere else, but apparently not?. The next time I waited in a corner until all the barons were goop, it was gore but I wished I could progress instead. Maybe there was another way around that wasn't going to place me in a potential baron sandwich, dunno...

- In map 17, misaligned metal, and these lights aren't unpegged, also I think a more proper lift texture would look nicer :d

random words:

- Interesting stuff the secret exit in map 31, I'm no expert in the subject but I sense it'll be the bane of d2alls :p

8 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

todavía more things to reportar (part 3):

Hide contents

- In map 32, after the first chaingunner trap...

- Interesting stuff the secret exit in map 31, I'm no expert in the subject but I sense it'll be the bane of d2alls :p

Spoiler

1. I think the Baron will take the teleporter and get crushed. You're probably just unlucky that the Baron refused to do so.

2. I think the exit is kind of broken right now. Can you press it? I tried and it didn't work on PrBoom+ for me, so it's probably going to be changed a bit.

Can you tell me the exact place for Map17 to look? I'll take a look and report it.

@GarrettChan

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Can you tell me the exact place for Map17 to look? I'll take a look and report it.

here, next to the crosshair

13 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I think the Baron will take the teleporter and get crushed. You're probably just unlucky that the Baron refused to do so.

I'm not sure what you mean there, what teleporter will what baron take?... The place I was referring to is the red hallway with doors and barons that you have to escape from, the teleport in the chaingunner trap in the RK room leads back to the hallway, where if there happen to be barons alive in the wrong place you can get instantly sandwiched if unlucky, like it was my case, so I was confused whether I had to wait for all the barons to be crushed in order to make progress -- and be free of baron sandwich later -- or there was another way around back to the hotel.

23 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I think the exit is kind of broken right now. Can you press it? I tried and it didn't work on PrBoom+ for me, so it's probably going to be changed a bit.

I could, took several attempts though. It's a mandatory linedef skip, right?

d

7 hours ago, Antkibo said:

In fact, the spanish equivalent of 'James' is 'Santiago.'

Didn't knew that James is a Variation of Jacob.

15 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Doom Latino Heat would be a what-if wad.

Mate Doom - El Gaucho de los Demonios

Primer Capítulo
- La Yerba Infernal

Segundo capítulo

- La Bombilla del Diablo

¿Mas Ideas?

22 hours ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

I'm not sure if there's enough of us who do mapping to make a project of that scale.

I'm sure once you factor in all the Hispanic countries you could do something of the sort.

In map 7 it's possible to break the lowering room with the Red key if you interact with the wall immediately behind the Red Skull Key.Screenshot_Doom_20210323_065848.png.4bd561117968499fbe4edf4ead4c30b4.png

Why did I do that instead of interacting with the switch?  That wall was a different color and I was looking for secrets.

I eventually ended up in the lowermost (?) part on the left hand side (using this screenshot as a left/right reference) with nothing to interact with and no means of escape.

@galileo31dos01

Spoiler

I'll take a look at the texture later today.

We were talking about the same place but I forgot that you got teleported back there... but judging from the cruelness of the map, probably it's not going to be changed. Think positively, at least you're not put under the crusher :P

It's not a forced linedef skip (that's a bit too much cruelness I guess). Maybe it'll get changed in a way.

5 hours ago, rf` said:

非常好!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice~

3 hours ago, A.o.D. said:

Why did I do that instead of interacting with the switch?  That wall was a different color and I was looking for secrets.

I eventually ended up in the lowermost (?) part on the left hand side (using this screenshot as a left/right reference) with nothing to interact with and no means of escape.

Can you tell me the sequence you're doing this?

I tested this and tested it again today, and it doesn't seem to softlock me.

33 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Can you tell me the sequence you're doing this?

I tested this and tested it again today, and it doesn't seem to softlock me.

edit:

I was able to replicate the scenario, but it turns out that there is a switch I overlooked because only part of it is poking above the floor (maybe 2-3 pixels of switch) because I broke the sequence.

The good news is that the room still works if you sequence break, I just didn't recognize the switch to continue lowering the sections.

Edited by A.o.D.

1 hour ago, A.o.D. said:

The good news is that the room still works if you sequence break, I just didn't recognize the switch to continue lowering the sections.

Yeah, I think so. Probably you need to press something again to "un-break" it, but it seems at the end, switches may be pressed multiple times to reach the ground.

@GarrettChan

Spoiler
3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

It's not a forced linedef skip (that's a bit too much cruelness I guess).

lol maybe, it certainly goes in line with the tone of the mapset (mean spirited-wise), though if that's not how its meant to work then yeah I couldn't press the wall any other way.

wanted to record the baron thingy to check the frequency of said thingy, which went somewhat different each time out of 5 (last time I waited more on purpose) so I guess it's not too bad when it's very early in the map. Then I kept playing til the exit, so if you are bored and have 20 minutes free, there's a gift from me :p

spainrc1_32barons.zip

Luring the Barons to the crusher to clear the hallway is intentional. As is teleporting into them if you don't.

SOUTH AMERICAN MCGEE JASJASJHJ

Lo quiero probar una vez termine los parciales, se ve divertido

Thanks for sharing this!

21 hours ago, Azuris said:

d

Primer Capítulo
- La Yerba Infernal

Segundo capítulo

- La Bombilla del Diablo

¿Mas Ideas?

Tercer capítulo:

Churrasco de Pinky.

Edited by HombreSal

On 3/22/2021 at 9:47 PM, Azuris said:

d

Primer Capítulo
- La Yerba Infernal

Segundo capítulo

- La Bombilla del Diablo

¿Mas Ideas?

-Phobocuador.

-Los Ándes Infernarles.

-Monté i Demonios.

Say hello again,

Thanks to the wonderful annotations, we are happy to provide updated version of Doom 2 "Spanish Solo" with many fixes.

The changes made include fixing several clumsy sky fragments, some node generator errors (causing serious sewage pathway), unfortunately leaving a huge sec overflow error, and modifying the output of Super Secret.

Please refer to download link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqtqhmzaimviflc/Doom 2 In Spain Only RC2.7z?dl=0