Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

2 hours ago, Diabolución said:

really good, less subtle than my attempt :D

I don't have pc for the next days, if you don't mind, can you show how it looks ingame?

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

¿De puta madre o de puta pena?

de puta madre, papa!

estaba preocupado por los rojos que, tal vez, no dejaran ver bien las letras de la intermission.

Muchas graxias por tu tiempo, camarada!

;)

TRANSLATION:

damn fine, daddy!

i was a little worried about the red could clash with the intermission red words.

Thanxs for your time, pal!

;)

Edited by P41R47

Buenos días.

The wad looks great so we're going to play the first half of the maps on Thursday Night Survival today. The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

quick bug report:
- MAP26 and MAP30 have 2 player 2 starts and 0 player 3 starts (this will result in a voodoo doll in coop)
- if coop outside of the 3 main online source ports is a concern it's also relevant that some maps don't have any coop starts: 01, 03, 05, 07, 15, 19-21, 24, 31-33
- MAP11: 2 torches (things 3 and 6) near the mastemind are floating in the air in vanilla compatibility (-complevel 2)

more issues noticed during the session:

MAP04 - you can get stuck in sector 61 if you skip the teleporting line (actually happened to me)
MAP09 - the crusher (sector 62) can make you stuck in coop if another player stops it by crossing line 467. I think it's easiest to just remove the action to solve the issue.
MAP12 - unlike the other fences in the area line 292 is not impassable

- Seems like there's a typo in DEHACKED in the 3 messages for objects requiring a key: "Ee" instead of "Se".
- Obituaries are generally considered pretty useful in coop/survival and can be used for generating statistics so it's an issue that all were changed to the same text. It's OK if they're translated to Spanish or whatever, just not good when there's no way to distinguish between them.

4 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

- Obituaries are generally considered pretty useful in coop/survival and can be used for generating statistics so it's an issue that all were changed to the same text. It's OK if they're translated to Spanish or whatever, just not good when there's no way to distinguish between them.

yea thats the thing that was bothering me the most this and some of the levels that felt confusing and a bit aimeless though it was still a fun tns session

Hello. Having great deal of fun with the wad. However, I'd like to report a soft-lock in map06, if you drop down without obtaining red key, you can't get back to where red key is. I did not check the map itself in editor, but I'd wager the sidedef is pointing wrong way. 

Playing on PrBoom+.

softlock.png

Edited by floatRand

Short question: Do i need to load both of the *.deh files in GzDoom?

Made it to Map 04 so far, seems fun, I'm having a blast playing this.

Edited by entrywayy

2 hours ago, entrywayy said:

Short question: Do i need to load both of the *.deh files in GzDoom?

Made it to Map 04 so far, seems fun, I'm having a blast playing this.

No, the companion .deh files are only meant to be use for vanilla compatibility with Chocolate Doom and the original Doom2.exe.

Both .deh files are the same, they just change how the name of the maps is displayed on the automap.

You can play it on GZDoom without loading anything else, as the wad has an internal .deh file and a MAPINFO lump that will let you read the story and have the maps names displayed on the automap.

Thanks for clarification and explanation @P41R47. I'm just not that experienced yet :-)

Made it to Map 10 so far, plays very smoothly even for beginners. Thanks for this awesome wad! I'd really like to see this in the Dean of Doom series.

Edited by entrywayy

Brilliant megawad, awesome music = love it.

But I feel that it needs more new music though.

Edited by pcorf

May I ask how this WAD is compared to Plutonia difficultywise (This one doesn't feel too hard up to map 15 so far) ? I never played Plutonia but I'm planning a playthrough after this beauty.

Edited by entrywayy

I'm on MAP04 so far, love the visuals, though the gameplay has skewed a bit toward the dickish side, what with all the chaingunners, damaging floors and specters. Since I like to wish vile afflictions onto any mapper who so much as inconveniences me, I opened up the text file to see who's to blame for my suffering.

Of course, each map is credited to one of the original id mappers, similar to D2TWiD, except this time under "'hispanic'" pseudonyms. All the names where pretty immediately recognizable, expect for one.

Who, may I ask, is this Drug Shuttle guy? Is it Tim Willits? Its Tim Willits isn't it.

Reached MAP25, had a ton of fun so far. Espacially MAP20 and the map (21? or 22?) with the Archviles spawning in late lmao. 

I feel like this deserves a spanish themend HUD/Status Bar. What you think @P41R47 :D ?

On 4/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, entrywayy said:

May I ask how this WAD is compared to Plutonia difficultywise (This one doesn't feel too hard up to map 15 so far) ? I never played Plutonia but I'm planning a playthrough after this beauty.

Bit late to reply. Personally, I rated this a bit harder than Plutonia due to some intentional design, but overall it's quite similar. Also, Plutonia is mostly shorter than this I think...

Thank you for the answer @GarrettChan, I don't mind the timing since I still haven't finished this beautiful wadand another one I'm playing right now :). But good to know this is plutonia-ish. Guess I have to step up the difficulty after this one a bit to something like AV or Scythe:)

@entrywayyWell, according to what I've seen during testing, you're not swimming in the sea of ammo in D2ISO as I usually would report having too much ammo for a map, so blame me if you found a map having too little ammo :p

Plutonia is rather old and in many maps, you basically won't run out of ammo. Though, in that era's standard, Plutonia is definitely very hard, but right now comparing to Scythe or stuff, Plutonia is more like a test for your basic skills.

9 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Who, may I ask, is this Drug Shuttle guy? Is it Tim Willits? Its Tim Willits isn't it.

Drug Shuttle is an Alfonzo midi. In the Alfonzone, Pinchy placed the names of the midi in the level name patches where you would typically see the name of the level author in a community project.

As such while playing it on stream when it first came out after completing the map I instinctively said "That was *Name of the Map* by Drug Shuttle". So that's what that's a call back to, rather than a specific id persona replacement.

4 hours ago, entrywayy said:

Reached MAP25, had a ton of fun so far. Espacially MAP20 and the map (21? or 22?) with the Archviles spawning in late lmao. 

I feel like this deserves a spanish themend HUD/Status Bar. What you think @P41R47 :D ?

1420064888_d2isoSBingame.png.25ac12a0a2e2866b37b3d1e760289efc.png
Something like this?

There is a cape, like those use by the ''toreadores''
And it has badges on his chest, because its a great ''toreador''.
And it has those things on the shoulders that kinda have chains.

And words are on spanish, with more use of Red and Yellows like the Spanish Flag, and a little green, like this handsome toreador!
30854157-toreador-with-a-red-cape-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg.7b0853ea534cf163595b7e4fa551b8c9.jpg
d2isoSB.zip

I think i can tweak it a little more if it needed, as it was a quicky one i made after seeing the comment asking for one.
There is no image taken from anywhere, i just use and re-arrange some of the graphics of the TITLEPIC graphics to make this one, except the chains and the badges, that i draw them myself.

Hello, hope this is the last time,

Before submitting the updated version to idgames, please post the updated version here, just in case we missed something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b68fgt9c9617yr4/D2ISOFID.7z?dl=0

It solves various problems from multiple levels.

The only existing texture 33 is deleted, so Slade will not clear the "unused" textures (if he deletes these textures, they will crash vanilla).

Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. We are very happy that you like this product.

Waiting for our next release Bluetonia.

1 hour ago, Trustworthy Software said:

Hello, hope this is the last time,

Before submitting the updated version to idgames, please post the updated version here, just in case we missed something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b68fgt9c9617yr4/D2ISOFID.7z?dl=0

It solves various problems from multiple levels.

The only existing texture 33 is deleted, so Slade will not clear the "unused" textures (if he deletes these textures, they will crash vanilla).

Thanks to everyone who participated and provided feedback. We are very happy that you like this product.

Waiting for our next release Bluetonia.

Sorry to bother you, guys, but i found a little bug on the deh patches i made, so here is the fix for them.
They worked out on DOSbox and proper DOS environment, so i didn't bothered trying them on chocolate and crispy.
Now they work on without problem on both chocolate and crispy along all the other source ports 
:)

D2ISO DehPatchesFixed.zip

EDIT: also, don't know if anyone tried it, but i found this crash when you exit a map playing it vanilla style on dosbox.
Strangely, it doesn't happend when you IDCLEV to a different map :/1871419119_DOScrash.png.e779edcbf2b115cef16709b2fb50cfac.png

Edited by P41R47

¡Vaya atajo de putas máquinas de matar estáis vosotros (o estáis ustedes [sic], en modo andaluz) hechos!

You guys (or y’all, in Texan style) are a bunch of fucking killing machines!