Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

EDIT: also, don't know if anyone tried it, but i found this crash when you exit a map playing it vanilla style on dosbox.
Strangely, it doesn't happend when you IDCLEV to a different map :/

Gonna need to figure out what is causing this.

11 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

Gonna need to figure out what is causing this.

It happends with or without the deh patch merged on the exe, that the only thing i can figure out myself as i didn't encountered that crash so often.
Here is the wiki entry of it:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Error_message#Z_CheckHeap:_block_size_does_not_touch_the_next_block

Z_CheckHeap: block size does not touch the next block:

The zone heap does not allow gaps to exist between any two blocks. If a gap exists, then the heap has been corrupted. This error is notorious for appearing when loading maps with bad sidedefs, or linedefs with no sector attached to them (this can be achieved in editors such as DEU and DoomCAD by removing the sector reference from a linedef).

On 4/25/2021 at 1:38 PM, P41R47 said:

Stuff.

Is it happening when you exit every map in Dosbox or just a certain map? If it's every map and doesn't happen when you CLEV it might be something to do with the intermission.

12 hours ago, Tarnsman said:

Is it happening when you exit every map in Dosbox or just a certain map? If it's every map and doesn't happen when you CLEV it might be something to do with the intermission.

sorry, Tarns, i was on my job and i couldn't double check.

At first i thought the same, that it was probably a graphic lump that was producing the crash, so i deleted every new graphic lump that appeared during the intermission screens... and no, the crash still happends.

It happends right after the ''entering'' lump appears, but without loading the next map.

All maps do the same.

I can idclev or warp from the command line to other maps, but after exiting it right before entering the new one, it crash.

I went further, i delete the music... AND NO CRASH!!!

So, something on the midis, was making the crash... just after the intermission.

I leave all the midis except the intermission midi, AND NO CRASH!!!

So yes, we found that the intermission midi, for some reason it causing the crash.

The author is not listed, and it sounds heavily like ''Oye como va'' by Santana, so i think it is a midi grabed from the internet.

16 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

So yes, we found that the intermission midi, for some reason it causing the crash.

The author is not listed, and it sounds heavily like ''Oye como va'' by Santana, so i think it is a midi grabed from the internet.

It's the largest MIDI in the wad, so I bet it's hitting the size limit for the vanilla MIDI to MUS conversion.

1 minute ago, Shepardus said:

It's the largest MIDI in the wad, so I bet it's hitting the size limit for the vanilla MIDI to MUS conversion.

did the doom2.exe convert it to mus to reproduce it?
I thought MIDI was a format that the Doom Engine was capable of reproducing without conversion. :/

Anyway, i can't seem to be able to convert it to .mus with midi3mus.exe to check if it is going above the 66.6kb of the limit.
If you want to try converting it and checking, that would be helpful :)

Since the problem was found, and it just a matter of time to solve it, and probably there is nothing left for finally upload it to /idgames...

How about this, hope @esselfortium approve the Status Bar, numbers were made by me for another SBAR that went unused ;)
1529732258_d2isoSB3ingame.png.3e3840d49a9f621637a6c35e1b320ede.png

And this:
1919840812_Endoomingame.png.fc557a094fc04b96772ae83ffd94b65e.png

The ENDOOM was made with the new ENDEDIT program @jval made :)

NEWd2isoSB.zip

Edited by P41R47

If it’s just an intermission MIDI, you or I or anyone could just cut the last 25% of the song off using Sekaiju and just have it fade out for the last few bars, I’ve had to truncate MIDIs in similar ways before to get them under the limit. I’ll be back at my PC in an hour or so, if no one has done it by then, I’ll get it fixed up.

39 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

I would be interested in getting a copy of this broken release.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2287384/

Tarnsman, could you use the version history function of Dropbox to recover it, as a separate archive? Provided that you want to and can, of course.

That link should still work. It is a separate file.

Here we go, just replace the current D_DM2INT with this one and it should be all fixed!

D_DM2INT.zip

(also I love that recent staus bar that P41R47 made)

19 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Here we go, just replace the current D_DM2INT with this one and it should be all fixed!

D_DM2INT.zip

(also I love that recent staus bar that P41R47 made)

Thanks for this, pal ;)

@Tarnsman i just tested it on DOSBox, it doesn't crash anymore :)
Except for the intentional last map, that is muy pecaminoso :P

D2ISO_UV.png.ab2abe0ba5bf6ced350467dcad1b53a6.png

I did a UV-Continuous playthrough of this set, and had an absolute blast. It's like D2TWID's bigger, meaner brother. It raises the stakes (especially in the hell chapter), while still maintaining that all-important sense of humor.

MAP01's brief Berserk section and mandatory straferunning jump make it clear that a certain level of experience & familiarity with the game is expected, but for the most part, this mapset is more interested in making jokes at the player's expense than it is in crushing the player into dust. A person who signs up to Get Got by these traps will still be able to proceed, since 9 times out of 10, the resources are there to recover from the latest bloody nose the level design has handed out. I was impressed with the creativity on display; I never knew what it was going to hit me with next.

There's a charismatic menace to this megawad - in particular, I have to applaud the use of damaging floors (along with the hazardous areas created by the judicious use of boss monsters). The level design is consistently able to goad the player into running for their life, navigating these little gauntlets & obstacle courses instead of freezing and turtling up.

If you're willing to roll with the punches, there's a lot of fun to be had here. Many thanks to the D2ISO team for making this!

Wow! I am only at map 6 but this is some really great stuff here. I am only paying on HMP the first run through and even that is a challenge. Thxs to all involved in this release. :o)

Hum, in MAP04: El Foco, what do I need to do in order to get the four enemies (two Chaingunners and two shotgunners to teleport in?

I made it to the exit, yet they remain unalerted inside their teleporting rooms.

12 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Hum, in MAP04: El Foco, what do I need to do in order to get the four enemies (two Chaingunners and two shotgunners to teleport in?

I made it to the exit, yet they remain unalerted inside their teleporting rooms.

I think they're supposed to teleport in when you grab the yellow key, but this mechanism broke in one of the release candidates.

1 hour ago, Shepardus said:

I think they're supposed to teleport in when you grab the yellow key, but this mechanism broke in one of the release candidates.

So the current version is not final?

On 5/20/2021 at 10:29 AM, grothendieck1453 said:

Another possible bug is that the blue door in map 20 seems to not actually require the blue key.

Doesn't seem to be the case for me, still requires the blue key.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, Rudolph said:

So the current version is not final?

I can't speak for the authors, but wads sometimes do get updated on /idgames.

5 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Doesn't seem to be the case for me, still requires the blue key.

I must have been playing an older version. I just played the version on idgames, and it works as intended. Sorry for the false alarm...

I really liked the first half, but for some reason the gameplay shifted into this ultra dickish ammo rationing sort of mess with 5 billion chaingunners. I think I'm done at level 20. I'm really not sure who thought this was a good idea, the first half was brilliant - old school inspired, but spiced up, and the Spanish twist really gave it personality.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, dianghong said:

I think I'm done at level 20.

Map20 suffers a bit of the trial and error type gameplay but it's not so bad once you know where to go.

I do agree with your sentiment though. Feels like the wad switches gears halfway through.

i have to say that the hell knight trap on map26 is a real mood killer.

On 4/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, P41R47 said:

did the doom2.exe convert it to mus to reproduce it?
I thought MIDI was a format that the Doom Engine was capable of reproducing without conversion. :/

Anyway, i can't seem to be able to convert it to .mus with midi3mus.exe to check if it is going above the 66.6kb of the limit.
If you want to try converting it and checking, that would be helpful :)

Why is the .mus limit exactly 66.6kb ? Looks like someone has made that up while trying to be funny. How unprofessional..

5 hours ago, Sokoro said:

Why is the .mus limit exactly 66.6kb ? Looks like someone has made that up while trying to be funny. How unprofessional..

The actual limit is 65536 bytes.

22 hours ago, JBerg said:

i have to say that the hell knight trap on map26 is a real mood killer.

You're not supposed to kill them.

9 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

You're not supposed to kill them.

Well I managed it :)

I just finished map30 and yeah: Me gusto mucho el WAD. Que maravilla