Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trustworthy Software

[Megawad] Doom 2 In Spain Only [Now on idgames]

3 hours ago, Rudolph said:

@Tarnsman Sweet. But why are there two .deh files?

-Patch A fully respect the map names, but doesn't show the map slots (example automap: ''Pasillos de debajo'', ''Estado tracendente'', etc.)

-Patch B two map names are cut off (map21, map28) but it shows map slots and all maps show their respective gfx lump name (example automap: ''2:Pasillos de debajo'', ''21:Estado Tracende'', ''28:El mundo de los espitiru'')

4 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@Tarnsman Huh. This is curious. On my end, I do not seem to notice any difference between the two.

I am running GZDoom 4.6.1.

there is a .bex patch inside the wad for limit removing ports and boom ports, and a zmapinfo for zdoom base ports.
So the deh patches are probably overwriten by the lumps inside the wad.

The deh patches are mostly for chocolate and vanilla.

Hello, I'm asking for help. I'm playing this megawad and got stuck in MAP31 (the secret level).

I got past the yellow key doors, found the hidden teleport near one of the yellow key doors that teleported me to the other side, hitting switch that lowered the central platform with a revenant and a switch. I pressed the switch, two rooms with some zombies opened up - there was a switch inside one of them, which opened one of the two central doors, but I don't know what to do next. I spent probably hour wandering around the level, pressing use and shooting at every wall, turned off music to hear secret moving platforms and doors, but with no luck.

There is the other central door you face when you start the level, which can be opened with a remote switch, but closes fast as long as I get near to it. I managed to get inside the room with plasma gun using a trick: Opened the door with switch, shot a rocket inside to wake up a revenant. While the revenant walked through the door, I quickly walked in while shooting him with chaingun so he stayed blocked in the door and prevented it from closing. Inside, I found a switch that opened the second back-central door, but then I was stuck in the room and could not get out. Luckily I did not save inside.

I'm despedate. I don't want to cheat (IDDT, IDCLIP) or open up map in DoomBuilder, so I'm simply asking for a minimum advice, like pushing me the right direction about where should I look into. Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the way the other day.

Edited by Hisymak

Stuck at M29 near the exit. It's not possible to get into one, it seems. Have tried rocket jump as well, no possible to do here and noclip - zero effect. Any ideas?

19f8527a05508211c1f24a32c741afd5.png 5a753c651ef0af7defaa11ee9054dff8.png

It's possible to jump of the window, but the only teleport leads to the same room. Also there is no place to use blue skull...

GZDoom 4.7.1.

Edited by UnknDoomer

1 hour ago, UnknDoomer said:

Stuck at M29 near the exit.

Think "Scythe 2 MAP25." If that doesn't clue you in:

Spoiler

Kill yourself with the rocket launcher while moving backwards toward the exit. If you do it right, your dead body will slide under the barrier and across the exit linedef.

So... I've been playing this one for some time now, started with UV, switched to HMP for a couple of levels and then replayed them on UV... and despite some less-than-enjoyable ammo famine situations mostly due to me insisting on pistol starts, it hasn't been that bad. Hard, yes, harder than Plutonia, certainly, but doable.

Then I hit MAP32. Funny how it feels so unassuming, monster count isn't that bad, but gsus. I nearly broke at the part where you emerge from a teleport after the SMM arena (where I left a bunch of enemies alive, including SMM) and the archviles pour on you. When I finally was done with the map, I went on to check DSDA for a demo of UV-MAX run. Couldn't find one. Checked Youtube: only UV-continuous runs. Has anybody been able to UV-MAX this? It sure does seem to be designed to be possible, not with my skill level... I could only do 92/110 kills. A couple of more if I had savescummed a bit more and took care of one baron and revenants with chainsaw and berserk fists.

(A great megawad, by the way. I can't believe a mapset so brown would look so good. In less capable hands the megawad would have turned a cavalcade of 1995 boring, but now I actually enjoy. Probably part because it's funny, but funny alone does not good megawad make).

As spanish speaker I'd recommend using "Secretos" instead of "Misterios" in the intermission screen, which is the more accurate translation to "Secrets".  ("Misterios" would be the translation to "Mysteries").

Also, instead of "Articulos" it would be a better match to use "Objetos"

51 minutes ago, Germanb90 said:

As spanish speaker I'd recommend using "Secretos" instead of "Misterios" in the intermission screen, which is the more accurate translation to "Secrets".  ("Misterios" would be the translation to "Mysteries").

Also, instead of "Articulos" it would be a better match to use "Objetos"

I think the joke, it's how bad translated it's..I hope :B

Also Spanish speaker.

I always interpreted this as being a bootleg game from China that is, for whatever reason, targeting Spanish speakers :)

Don’t know exactly what the Spanish version of the word “Engrish” is, but it’s that!

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Don’t know exactly what the Spanish version of the word “Engrish” is, but it’s that!

Espanol sounds and speaks like Engrish.

4 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

I think the joke, it's how bad translated it's..I hope :B

Also Spanish speaker.

Oh I see, from Doomkid's repply I now understand the approach of this beeing a Chinese version of a spanish translation 

Mi mala entonces lol

18 minutes ago, Germanb90 said:

Oh I see, from Doomkid's repply I now understand the approach of this beeing a Chinese version of a spanish translation 

Those words went through google translation multiple times so it will be hardly correct, but that's the hilarious part of it. Hey, at least the Chinese title I provided is pretty accurate.

Injected =

Spoiler

Syringe

Is there a softlock on map 13? 

Spoiler

This door just won't open from outside. I had to use idclip to get inside the building and I could open the door from the there but not from outside.

unknown-5.png.3853b4e217b4a7382b7a23e011d1b286.png

Just finished playing map24. I have an unreachable imp under the floor (can't even reach it using no-clip). It is in the lower left area of the map, right behind the blue key.

It is stopping me from reaching 100% enemies :(

Great wad though. I have not had this much fun in a while.

Screenshot_Doom_20220716_154639.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220716_155000.png

I decided to give this mega wad a run through and recorded three segments of it so far. I like the map set so far. I'll upload more when I play it again

18 hours ago, Niloide said:

I have an unreachable imp under the floor (can't even reach it using no-clip). It is in the lower left area of the map, right behind the blue key.

I just played this map yesterday, and it's definitely a weird one. You can kill it by launching a rocket against the wall right behind it, splash damage will take care of it. The imp definitely feels buggy. But then again, that might be on purpose either by the virtue of whole wad being a "joke" (albeit a very good one), or some obscure reference to the Duke Nukem 3D level this one's a recreation of.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, RHhe82 said:

I just played this map yesterday, and it's definitely a weird one. You can kill it by launching a rocket against the wall right behind it, splash damage will take care of it. The imp definitely feels buggy. But then again, that might be on purpose either by the virtue of whole wad being a "joke" (albeit a very good one), or some obscure reference to the Duke Nukem 3D level this one's a recreation of.

It's not on purpose. I found this while testing the map and Tarnsman tried to fix it, but it seems at the end, we have no idea how this went wrong... especially that it doesn't happen all the time...

Después de 20 años jugando a ésto no me explico cómo no puedo alcanzar la primera llave azul... ¿Cómo se llega allí?

(Edited: ok, strafe+jump... always difficult to do for me)
After 20 years playing this game I can't explain how I can't reach the first blue key.... How do I get there?

Looks really cool!

Edited by WARDUST