Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

15 YEARS A DOOMER Mapping Contest - HIGHLIGHT REEL VIDEO UP! (pg. 7)

Map: Mountain Stronghold
Map Format:Vanilla Doom 2
Texture: Jimmy.tex
Tested With: ZDoom and Prboom
External PWADs: please open the map with jimmy.tex
Requirements:no jumping, no crouching , freelookin if you want
Music: it's midi made by me

MOUNMIN.zip

comments :

If you had any problems with the map continue playin the other maps, and sorry for the art of the map it's because I didn't have that much time but I just want from you judge the map on it's gameplay I'm not tryin to win I just want to learn if I had any mistakes.

Thanks to mr.Jimmy and everybody on this concept.
About Hell Revealed I don't know Alot about Hell Revealed and It also didn't come in my mind,
And sorry for shape of the map I actually ran out of time I didn't have time to make the map look better, 
Rool3.png.569b94422b26e8ad3b23da8557e9c5d6.pngrool2.png.ba65da7d3c11675d0c93ed9e3fbccbb8.pngrool.png.2ed1abaecb55601670bd302d51875d5d.pngand this was the map before I made it in Doom Builder

Again Thanks to MR.Jimmy and everybody

Edited by iDoT : I forgot to write things,

Name: Joyful Raider
Map Format: Boom
Ports Tested: GZDoom 4.2.4 (Boom strict), PrBoom 2.4.8 (cl9)
Build Time: 15h
Midi: "Path of Destruction" by Mark Klem
Textures: jimmytex
External PWADs: none (jimmytex included in the wad)
Requirements: No Jumping/crouching, freelook permitted

download

Screenshots:

Spoiler

ryoNLJ1.png

RgBaZ7B.png

ilGtUV1.png

I'll be the first to say that this is some fantastic competition. I've been trying to play each as they get posted here, and everyone's ideas are interesting, if not fantastic. 

Name: Touch of Midas

Map Format: UDMF

Ports Tested: GZDoom

Build Time: 12 hours

Music: "Within Reach" by Jimmy

Textures: jimmytex + gothictx

External PWADs: None, all included

Requirements: none in particular

touchofmidas.zip

Name: Domain Expansion Research Platform
Map Format: UDMF 
Ports Tested: GZDoom
Build Time: 12 hours 10 minutes (+1 last minute bugfix)
Music: "Violence Makes Violets" by Jimmy
Textures: jimmytex + SKY4 from Ultimate Doom
External PWADs: None
Requirements: Crouch disabled, Jumping + Freelook allowed but not required

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptAM0Bb4gU0bvVj56NFXk08vK1bG3N9U/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Worm318

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

7:01! That means TIME!

Looking forward to playing all your submissions. Stream in an hour!

I posted this earlier but I didn't get a response, so let me rephrase it as a question:

Would you be open to include a late submission in Part 2 of the stream if I got it done by midnight, even if it's not actually part of the judging?

@Jimmy Sadly I'm not gonna get it done by deadline. 

And I'm not gonna skip class just to try and complete a speedmap that I wouldn't even get done in time anyway.

If you're open to have it be in the stream list but not actually include it in the judging, then I'd be happy to wrap it up by midnight.

Over 32 submissions, a full megawads worth. Yet it still probably took more time than it would if Jimmy was making the whole thing by himself.....

3 minutes ago, cannonball said:

Over 32 submissions, a full megawads worth.

Megawad? MEGAWAD?

Yeah, just compile every wad into a megawad! Perfect idea!

Some good stuff in here!

I wasn't able to make a submission (mainly because I haven't done any Doom mapping since 1995), but I do credit this contest for encouraging me to open Doom Builder and learn/experiment with maps/assets/scripts/etc. Maybe I'll get a concept map done and just go from there.

I tried to delete my post because I realized my map was against the rules, someone playtested it and I never knew that was against the rules, so I'm editing it.

Edited by Paf

Thanks to everyone who tuned into the stream last night! There were lots of you - viewer count has never been higher - and there were some amazing moments. Definitely worthy of a stream highlight supercut.

The maps were a ton of fun, and I'm sure there's still plenty to come. I'll be finishing my playthrough of the entries on Wednesday's stream. Same time, same place. See you there!

Edited by Jimmy

It was a good time! Sorry once again for my map giving you such a hard time.

I’ll catch everything I missed and will miss on VOD, as I’m not sure I’ve got another 1am in me this week! Good luck with the rest of the playing and the judging - it’s a crowded field and there were some great showings from what I saw. Well done to all contestants, too. It looked like some good clean fun there.

Twas brilliant. Would have liked to have seen the whole stream but got to 12:30 and started to keel over. Looks like you went on till like 2am :O

As much as I was joking about my map being the worse I'm genuinely impressed by the quality I saw so far. Lots of them, just a few more hours and some play testing away from being top quality maps.

At least in my map the "Splatodemon" got a laugh :D

41 minutes ago, NeilJohnRips said:

Twas brilliant. Would have liked to have seen the whole stream but got to 12:30 and started to keel over. Looks like you went on till like 2am :O

As much as I was joking about my map being the worse I'm genuinely impressed by the quality I saw so far. Lots of them, just a few more hours and some play testing away from being top quality maps.

At least in my map the "Splatodemon" got a laugh :D

You made the flat caco? Your map gonna win for sure xD

-All monsters now killable (no longer stuck outside map, would probably have had to revise this anyway)
-Player can no longer run out of level.

-Archviles can no longer "accidentally" eject player from level

The Never.rar

On 3/29/2021 at 7:31 PM, HQDefault said:

Would you be open to include a late submission in Part 2 of the stream if I got it done by midnight, even if it's not actually part of the judging?

If anyone wants to still send me their late submissions, they can, and I may give the latecomers a separate stream after the other submissions have been played. They just won't be in the running to win.

^Hopefully I will be able to watch later (I work until 9). The last stream showed there was plenty of quality on offer. At least it makes me feel less nervous about my map, there is far better in this list.

So.

I think I found the problem. It wasn't my needless abundance of spirals breaking the map so much as it was my glorious over-abuse of the curve tool...

Spoiler

This is the top right quadrant of the map.

image.png.f6c4c92b273982fc7e8d57900b714e21.png

image.png.127e39495f8dd2f3befb7cc35cc4e97b.png

Sooo, I'm just gonna go ahead and take a few hours to simplify my geometry a bit.

Interestingly enough, the wad I uploaded here DOES* work. However, the moment I made a change, that's when it started shitting the bed, apparently. If it matters at all the Zandronum executable that I'm using is from 2013, though the latest versions still broke on my end. Playtesting that version would have caught it, my bad. I didn't think there'd be an issue, though, considering how insignificant the changes I made were and that the previous version worked fine for me.

*100% kills is not achievable in that version because of who I am as a person(W1 should have been WR trigger) but it is playable on my end.

EDIT: Still broken even with segs under control. I'll have to go back further to an even earlier version and try to make the changes.

EDIT2: Nevermind, you got it working.

Edited by MDevlin

I updated my map:

removed unused jimmytex ressources from the wad

removed questionable switch textures in starting room

added graphic and dehacked for map name

joyraid.wad

I got a question, the texture pack can still be used for your maps? because it doesn't have a zip file I don't really know if I can use it