Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

15 YEARS A DOOMER Mapping Contest - HIGHLIGHT REEL VIDEO UP! (pg. 7)

Are these map submissions being put together for a continuous playthrough after the competition ends?

3 minutes ago, Korozive said:

Are these map submissions being put together for a continuous playthrough after the competition ends?

Nah, not in a megawad at least. But Jimmy said he'll put them in a zip folder, kinda like with the master levels.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:42 PM, iDoT said:

Map: Mountain Stronghold
Map Format:Vanilla Doom 2
Texture: Jimmy.tex
Tested With: ZDoom and Prboom
External PWADs: please open the map with jimmy.tex
Requirements:no jumping, no crouching , freelookin if you want
Music: it's midi made by me

rool.png.2ed1abaecb55601670bd302d51875d5d.png

zombie.png

Congratulations to the winners! It was well worth simply participating, watching the stream and having many laughs! I've learned a lot more about the Jimmy-isms so hopefully I'll be ready for the 30th anniversary

everyone made such good submissions, congrats to the winners! My fave thing that didn't get mentioned was Obsidian's really neat map, it made such good use of space.

17 minutes ago, yakfak said:

everyone made such good submissions, congrats to the winners! My fave thing that didn't get mentioned was Obsidian's really neat map, it made such good use of space.

<3

Congrats to all the winners! Rematch in another 15 years? :P

This has been a fantastic event that has completely rejuvenated my faith in mapping contests. Congratulations to Jimmy and his quality team for managing this so well, and to all the mappers that managed to pull this off. I do hope to see more of these to iron out any remaining kinks, as I would definitely have made some different decisions regarding assets if I knew for certain they were allowed. See you at 16 years, Jimmy. 

Edited by General Roasterock : I'm really bad at grammar today

Thanks Jimmy! This ended up being quite a competition, and I'm thankful for the honorable mention. Now I'm really thinking about whether to develop my map a little bit more, I do really dig the concept and am definitely vibing with the people who wanted to see a little more of it... XD

Well shit, that brightened the workday. Not sure what to say, but thank you! “The Collector” really stuck in my head from the moment I first played it - there really ought to be more maps with that style of environment. It’s surprisingly fun to map for, as well! 

Congrats to everyone who managed to pull something together for the competition. Looking forward to digging into that zip file. 

Well deserved winners and mentions.  Congrats to everyone!  Thankful for the honorable mention as well!  Really good maps came out of this contest.

Osario, Joyful Raider and Screams from the Slipgate Station are just my kind of Doom kink. Osario really caught my eye since I'm very fond of photorealistic textures. Yet, all in all, this competition was extremely fierce and full of absolute winners. So many good maps! Congrats to all the winners, you guys really deserve it.

Good job everyone, this was a fun event and we get some really cool content from it!

I'm very thankful to Jimmy for the 2nd place.

Congratulations to Pinchy and RonnieJamesDiner, special awards and honorable mentions, they well deserve it.

8 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Now I'm really thinking about whether to develop my map a little bit more, I do really dig the concept and am definitely vibing with the people who wanted to see a little more of it

Please do, Bill! Oh please, oh please, oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Congratulations winners, awards and honourable mentions. You can do an awful lot with 15 hours in the editor, and the variety of maps seen on stream confirms that. More restrictive rules would have allowed for a proper compilation, but the room for creativity has definitely produced the better result.

GGs to all.

I wish I didn't use that illegal texture in my map.

I still regret it to this day.

The download link just doesn't work for me, could you please add some mirror links like Dropbox or Mediafire?

And that's a wrap! Congrats to the winners, and to everyone who participated - from what I saw on the streams this had a reaaallly good turnout, very high quality maps despite the limitations, lots of laughs, so on and so forth.

Spoiler

Stay hydrated! ;D

@Rince-wind copy the link URL, open a new tab, paste the url in then go. I had the same issue that simply clicking it didn't work, but this method worked for me, strangely.

40 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

@Rince-wind copy the link URL, open a new tab, paste the url in then go. I had the same issue that simply clicking it didn't work, but this method worked for me, strangely.

I did that, but now every time I try to download it, it gives me an error saying the file is missing or incomplete.

Fuck it I'll just get the maps individually, thanks for the help anyways.

That was actually a cool event, Congrats to everybody.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, rd. said:

zombie.png

maybe it will be my profile picture :D

Congratulations and excellent job, everybody! Lots of quality maps in this project!

I'm a little late here but congrats to the winners! This is the first time I engage with the community (because I'm shy and english is not my first language) and I'm very happy my map stand out sufficient to win an honorable mention xD. Thanks to all of you.

Bumping this to say that I've been chipping away at these maps for the past few days and finally finished, and only then looked at the actual winners list.

This has been so good! So many great submissions, I wish I was around for the actual streams to see Jimmy's reaction to these wonderful maps.

My personal favorite was RJD's map, with Pinchy and Phobus being 2nd and 3rd place. Phobus's map wasn't mentioned and I thought it was wonderful.

Agreed with General Roasterock - This restored my faith in mapping contests. Congrats to all the winners and congrats to Jimmy as well!