Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackroat

How do you handle Arch Viles when there are a lot of death Revenants around without weapons from 5 t o 7?

Arch Viles keep giving life to death Revenants, which makes it an awful condition.

It is not a good condition to have. What to do?

You don't have a BFG and a Plasma Gun, And A rocket.

You have SSG and Chaingun. How will you get out of this awful condition?

I don't know, it depends on the terrain I guess. Try to sneak behind them when they're reviving something to get a free hit on em.

I'd focus my attacks on the arch-viles, though it depends on the area. If there is cover, I'd use those to get rid of rev missiles and stop the flame pillar attack, or if there is space, I'd attack from a greater distance.

It depends on the terrain. If you have loads of space then you could just wait for the revenants to slowly kill the archvile or do what Arbys said. If there is little space then try to get the archvile a bit separated from the revenants and SSG it.

Every time a revenant hits an arch-vile it will draw the aggro from you. So try to time your attacks to hit the arch-viles between revenant projectiles reaching them if you are in an open area. If there is so many arch-viles and revenants I'll consider running away to find better weapons or skip the monsters. If no matter what you do you get overwhelmed try to check if terrain has any chokes or hiding spots.

Don't be afraid to kill a revenant. the resurrect animation usually gives you enough time to hit the arch-vile. If there is +3 arch-viles with line of sight to you at any time you are probably playing a super hard mapset or a badly designed fight.

Edit : Revenants also won't use projectiles if you are near them and nothing hits them. Might be the trick to some of those fights if you have a few revenants and a vile near a pillar or something.

Get the Revenants to shoot the Arch-Viles, then when the Arch-Viles retaliate, wait until the attack is finished, then hit the AV with the shotgun while it's still standing still, then dance back away.

Multiple options,

Start some infighting, the archvile never attacks other enemies

Hide behind cover and get the shot

Don't play

IDDQD

IDKFA

Just blast em'

alt+F4, like Simomarchi said

Whatever you want to do withth em!