Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trupiak

Games like Project IGI?

Please recommend me games that are similar to Project IGI 1 & 2, or Specnaz Project Wolf. First person 'Tactical' shooters where you get to play as a one-man army. Preferably something from the 1998-2005 era.
Or don't! This is just a request. ;)

Eyyyyyyy I love that game and almost mentioned it in a thread recently :-P

I’d recommend the old Tom Clancy games like old Rainbow 6’s.

I haven’t really played the new ones but the old ones were that tactical, 1 shot permadeath type deal and were a bunch of fun :-) Super frustrating when your whole team gets taken out in half a second by 1 guard but fun :-)

• Hidden & Dangerous 1 & 2
  • Vietcong
  • Conflict series
  • Men of Valor
  • Deadly Dozen and Deadly Dozen: Pacific Theatre
  • Operation Flashpoint series
  • SOCOM series on PS2, but is third-person only IIRC
  • Brothers in Arms series, although the first two games are more like "puzzle" games than true strategy and third game reeks of COD-era mechanics

On 3/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, DooM Bear said:

Eyyyyyyy I love that game and almost mentioned it in a thread recently :-P

I’d recommend the old Tom Clancy games like old Rainbow 6’s.

I haven’t really played the new ones but the old ones were that tactical, 1 shot permadeath type deal and were a bunch of fun :-) Super frustrating when your whole team gets taken out in half a second by 1 guard but fun :-)

In Rainbow Six: Gold I didn't bother with any of the planning after the first couple of tries. I made some very elaborate plans on the first level, and my team members just ended up getting blocked in a doorway and gunned down by the first terrorist who saw them. All of them. I just told my team to wait at the start and completed the missions solo. Whenever I tried to plan, the AI would end up getting itself killed the first time they encountered anyone.

Plus when I did it that way, if I did end up dying I could just take control of another team member.

1 hour ago, Jello said:

In Rainbow Six: Gold I didn't bother with any of the planning after the first couple of tries. I made some very elaborate plans on the first level, and my team members just ended up getting blocked in a doorway and gunned down by the first terrorist who saw them. All of them. I just told my team to wait at the start and completed the missions solo. Whenever I tried to plan, the AI would end up getting itself killed the first time they encountered anyone.

Plus when I did it that way, if I did end up dying I could just take control of another team member.

Hahahahah same! Then if my character died it was like I had another 3 “lives” before having to restart the level :-P

Or I’d just shoot them all in the head at the start and play it like a 1 shot, 1 death single player game XD