Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aleaver

Changes???

NOTE: If this question was asked already...sorry I must have missed it..

What will change when Doom III comes out?

Will people forget the "old" Doom?
Will no new maps for the "old" Doom be made again?
Will Doomsites like this one and Doomcenter etc..Change to just Doom III stuff only?

Or do you think that everything will stay mostly the same?

I think things will stay mostly the same. If anything, mappers will attempt to recreate some of the stuff in Doom 3.

That's what I will do...

I hope thats the general trend.

Don't get me wrong..I am looking forward to Doom III as much as the rest of you are...I'm just going to try to blance my time between the games.

I'll just view it as another new game. Maybe it will excite me, maybe it won't. Sometimes (every couple of years?) a good new game distracts me from Doom for a few months.

BTW, this strikes me as more of a discussion thread than a straight Question/Answer thread. Perhaps it should be moved to Classic Doom > General.

Aleaver said:

Will people forget the "old" Doom?
Will no new maps for the "old" Doom be made again?
Will Doomsites like this one and Doomcenter etc..Change to just Doom III stuff only?

Answer: "of course not" to the 3 questions.

There will certainly be a group that will keep tooting the old Doom games' horn - it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

As for myself, I don't really know. I plan to learn how to edit and map for Doom 3, but I dunno if that will take all my focus away from the old games. I hope not.

Of course it will change everything! We are gunna to have a baby!

That's another Doom-game that I'll be playing for... hmm, let's say ten years, maybe? Or then not. Everything depends how much will it follow the original Doom.

Hmm I started this thread in the Questions fourm..and it was moved here???

Sorry, I was not sure where to put this question because it envoled both Doom orginal and Doom III

I will attempt a remake of some Doom levels despite never having made a map before. It would be cool if a group of ppl would go ahead and remake Doom 2 or something. Though I don't know how you would get the floating boxes in level 30 to work.

Aleaver said:

Hmm I started this thread in the Questions fourm..and it was moved here???

Sorry, I was not sure where to put this question because it envoled both Doom orginal and Doom III

No problem, it was a question, but some Admin/Super Mod just decided that maybe it would be better for the thread to be moved to this forum as it's more like a discussion than just a question that requires a simple answer.

The fast gameplay is what make Original appealing to me.I will probably love DOOM3 (based on available information).but i still doubt that it wll be more fun than original or not.