Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
continuum.mid

[Released] Ultimate MIDI Pack - A community music replacement for the original Doom

Updated the ZIP with @TheUltimateDoomer666's excellent new intermission music. I also added three placeholders for the remaining duplicates - two are from Freedoom and one was made by me for that project - thus making this fully functional as a duplicate-replacing MIDI pack for now. These Freedoom tracks obviously don't fit the maps nearly as well as a track designed for them would, so I hope to see more slots claimed, particularly E2M7, E2M9, E3M1, and E3M7.

Enjoy!

ultimidi-0.0.4.zip

Hi again! Going to clear some stuff out in the next couple days that should enable me to get some good work done on this project. I think I'll snatch up E2M9 and E3M7, if you'd have me!

3 hours ago, Cammy said:

Hi again! Going to clear some stuff out in the next couple days that should enable me to get some good work done on this project. I think I'll snatch up E2M9 and E3M7, if you'd have me!

They're yours, and I think you will make something great! As I'm sure you noticed, these are the last claims needed to open up the Thy Flesh Consumed tracks. I'm not ready right at this moment but I'll make another post shortly announcing that.

I'm also changing the rules to allow a single contributor to claim up to six slots total in the MIDI pack, since three seems a little restrictive in comparison to previous projects. There is still a limit of three claims at a time so as to prevent someone from snatching up every slot at once and never finishing the tracks.

And with that, it's time to get started on Milestone 2. The Episode 4 maps are all now open for new MIDIs, along with D_INTRO, D_INTROA, and D_VICTOR.

@Peter @Cammy you are now free to claim E4M6; @STILES you are now free to claim D_VICTOR.

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

I would like to claim E3M6: Mt. Erebus and E4M8: Unto the Cruel.

Sure, looking forward to your submission!

I'd like to claim E4M2: Perfect Hatred if it's available.

2 minutes ago, Sego said:

I'd like to claim E4M2: Perfect Hatred if it's available.

It is! You can have it as long as you get back to me in under two weeks.

2 hours ago, northivanastan said:

And with that, it's time to get started on Milestone 2. The Episode 4 maps are all now open for new MIDIs, along with D_INTRO, D_INTROA, and D_VICTOR.

@Peter @Cammy you are now free to claim E4M6; @STILES you are now free to claim D_VICTOR.

Will do!

2 minutes ago, STILES said:

Will do!

Excellent! I'd appreciate seeing the draft MIDI file for your track, but if not you have two weeks to show me some more progress

Just now, leejacksonaudio said:

Um ... is there room for another person here on the project? If there is, I'd like to get in on E4M4, if it's still available.

I'd be honored to have you involved in this! E4M4 is still available, so I have reserved it for you.

6 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

I'd be honored to have you involved in this! E4M4 is still available, so I have reserved it for you.

Thank you very much!

1 minute ago, lokbustam257 said:

I'm pretty sure at this point, we'll get TNT midi pack in the next 3 months

There is actually a TNT MIDI pack in progress, though the announcement thread hasn't gone up yet. Don't know how long development should be expected to take, though.

1 hour ago, northivanastan said:

There is actually a TNT MIDI pack in progress, though the announcement thread hasn't gone up yet. Don't know how long development should be expected to take, though.

holy shi-

Also, decided to quickly throw something together myself for D_INTROA, because I suspect not many other people will want that slot; it only plays for a few seconds if OPL playback is used and some ports don't honor it at all. 

Edit: Bloo has also submitted an old, but unreleased track of his that will be used for E4M3.

They will be in the next ZIP release.

Edited by northivanastan

6 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

I'd like to claim E4M5 and E1M9, if possible.

Wow, lots of people joining in the last couple of days. It's like I announced the pack all over again!

Anyway, they are yours! Looking forward to the MIDIs.

ZIP updated with two new MIDIs: my own replacement for D_INTROA, and a new track by @Bloo that is tentatively being used for E4M3. ultimidi-0.0.6.zip

I'm really looking forward to the next two weeks, because a whole bunch of great musicians have signed up!

Claiming D_INTRO for myself to go along with D_INTROA. Going to start with a riff similar to my D_INTROA and probably include some quotes from the original Doom's soundtrack later on.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, northivanastan said:

E4M3 Sever the Wicked - "Good Luck" by Bloo Note: This MIDI was submitted for no map in particular, but I thought it would fit best for E4M3. If you have a better idea for this map's MIDI, you are free to submit it.

I would assign Good Luck to either E1M1 or E2M3, preferably the former. I think said MIDI is really fitting for a short introductory map, whereas it might become repetitive and knackering for a relatively long map, such as E4M3.

36 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

I would assign Good Luck to either E1M1 or E2M3, preferably the former. I think said MIDI is really fitting for a short introductory map, whereas it might become repetitive and knackering for a relatively long map, such as E4M3. 

Good point, I'll listen to it with those maps and see how it sounds.

Edit: I think I prefer to use it for E2M3. I would want something a little more unique (and short) for E1M1. I chose E4M3 at first because it gets straight into the action, though I think that map's MIDI should ideally have some more variety in instrumentation.

Edited by northivanastan

Just now, McJerb said:

I'd like to work on E4M7 

I've reserved it for you, looking forward to what you make!

For everyone else: If someone claims E4M3 and E4M9, I can open up the rest of the tracks very soon!