Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
continuum.mid

[Released] Ultimate MIDI Pack - A community music replacement for the original Doom

Updating the ZIP yet again, this time with an E4M4 MIDI by @leejacksonaudio. Yes, that's the same Lee Jackson that worked on the Rise of the Triad and Duke Nukem soundtracks! He would like to emphasize that he's open to feedback on the track, and will fix any remaining issues with it. I am likewise open to feedback on any of the MIDIs that have been made to this project, which I will forward to individual contributors.

I've also added the MIDIs for E4 to ultimidi-0.0.9.wad as "D_E4Mx", alongside MAPINFO, UMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, and ZMAPINFO pointing to them. If you use Crispy Doom, Doom Retro, the UMAPINFO fork of PrBoom+, Eternity, or any ZDoom-based port, you should no longer need to load a separate WAD to hear the Thy Flesh Consumed tracks. If the MAPINFO causes issues, let me know.

Enjoy the music and please give feedback. ultimidi-0.0.9.zip

Edited by northivanastan

5 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

@northivanastan, could I have a go at E4M3, please? Sort of to make up for the confusion I had with Vitamin B6. I've got a much better idea of what I'd like to do with it. 

Certainly! That happens to be the last unclaimed track in E4, so I'll open up all of the remaining slots soon as well.

Since every slot in E4 is claimed, all of the remaining slots - specifically, those whose original tracks are unique - have been opened. If you have been eyeing this project but haven't contributed yet, now would be a good time!

If you aren't sure what to claim, go for E2M5, E2M7, or one of the E1 tracks, which I have marked as "high priority."

@TelamonLivesOn you are now free to claim E1M5; @TrialD you are now free to claim E2M1.

Just now, TrialD said:

Claiming E2M1 for reals now

Alright, looking forward to the finished version of your track!

If possible, I would like to claim E2M2: Containment Area and E3M8: Dis as my last slots (I'll leave the high priority slots to others as I already claimed 4 slots earlier in the project).  I'm still working on E4M8; I'll try to finish it as soon as possible and post it on or before May 4th.  I already have ideas for E2M2 (something electronic and moody) and E3M8 (something heavy and aggressive with perhaps some synthy stuff), so writing them should not take as long.

Just now, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

If possible, I would like to claim E2M2: Containment Area and E3M8: Dis as my last slots (I'll leave the high priority slots to others as I already claimed 4 slots earlier in the project).  I'm still working on E4M8; I'll try to finish it as soon as possible and post it on or before May 4th.  I already have ideas for E2M2 (something electronic and moody) and E3M8 (something heavy and aggressive with perhaps some synthy stuff), so writing them should not take as long.

Alright, they are yours, but know that these are indeed your last slots.

Updated the ZIP with two new MIDIs: @Lippeth's E1M9 and @Bloo's E4M9. I was also going to add support for the E4 tracks on Doomsday Engine, but it turns out it already supports MAPINFO! So I can remove that from the list of ports that need tfcmidi.wad.

Enjoy: ultimidi-0.0.10.zip

@McJerb has said that he can't work on MIDIs right now, and it's probable that he won't be able to finish E4M7. If anyone wants that slot, you may claim it (and it's high priority). I suggested that he finish the track later if he has already started on it, though, so if you do decide to claim it I can't completely guarantee your track will be used.

I'd like to take a crack at it, and won't mind if the MIDI goes unused if McJerb ends up finishing theirs.

13 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

I'd like to take a crack at it, and won't mind if the MIDI goes unused if McJerb ends up finishing theirs.

Alright then. Glad to see this being picked up quickly!

Got another update to the ZIP for you all. We now have our E1M1 - an excellent (if short) track by @Bloo. I also added my own replacement for D_BUNNY. This is now the fifth day in a row of me updating the pack every day and I don't see signs of things slowing down!

Enjoy and please give feedback, especially on the new D_BUNNY: ultimidi-0.0.11.1.zip

Edit: had the wrong version of E1M1, updated the ZIP to fix it.

Edited by northivanastan

On 4/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, Lippeth said:

if McJerb ends up finishing theirs.

Perhaps, I am suffering from scarcity mindset, as I am not myself a composer, and, hence, decent bespoke MIDIs are for me a valuable limited resource, but... how about using either one for E2M6 should that situation take place?

2 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

Perhaps, I am suffering from scarcity mindset, as I am not myself a composer, and, hence, decent bespoke MIDIs are for me a valuable limited resource, but... how about using either one for E2M6 should that situation take place?

It depends on how they turn out. Some of MIDIs already in this pack have a very different feel from the original, kinda like the ones in the Plutonia pack, so what fits for E4M7 won't necessarily fit for E2M6.

The streak of daily updates has been broken, but development has continued to progress, so I can come back with three new MIDIs today - new tracks for E2M2 and E3M8 by @TheUltimateDoomer666 - his final tracks, so thanks to him for everything - as well as a new E4M3 by the one and only Lee Jackson (@leejacksonaudio). This puts us over the halfway mark, at least in terms of the number of complete MIDIs (22 out of the 41 needed). 

Enjoy and may the 4th be with you: ultimidi-0.0.13.zip

Edited by northivanastan

13 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

Can I possibly grab E1M5? Good level.

Certainly! Really glad to get the number of unclaimed slots into the single digits. I almost claimed it for myself but then I realized that (following my own rule) it would have to be my last MIDI.

Make sure to communicate your progress within the next two weeks. Welcome to the project!

1 minute ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

I would like to give E3M3 a go if that's possible :)

It was indeed open, so you can have it. Judging by your MIDTWID tracks, your contribution here is sure to be great! Just get back to me in no more than two weeks.

@ZeMystic has switched slots from E1M5 to E2M5, since we agreed that the latter was a better fit for his work-in-progress track. Anyone else who would like to claim E1M5 may now do so.

When it releases I have to combine it with vanilla smooth weapons and get the TRUE Ultimate Doom experience.

I don't want to comment just for the sake of it because I don't want to make it harder to read through this thread but I have to praise @TheUltimateDoomer666 for doing such a fantastic job on E2M2, which quickly became one of my favourite midis of all time and fits the map like a glove. I haven't listened to most of the tracks released, but the ones I did listen to were also great, fitting and high-quality. Overall this is rapidly becoming one of my favourite projects.

45 minutes ago, rzh said:

I don't want to comment just for the sake of it because I don't want to make it harder to read through this thread but I have to praise @TheUltimateDoomer666 for doing such a fantastic job on E2M2, which quickly became one of my favourite midis of all time and fits the map like a glove. I haven't listened to most of the tracks released, but the ones I did listen to were also great, fitting and high-quality. Overall this is rapidly becoming one of my favourite projects.

Thanks very much for the praise! @TheUltimateDoomer666 (or Myrgharok as he prefers to be credited) really hit it out of the park with his submissions, indeed. Of course, the project's only halfway done so there are some great things in the pipeline, and at least six tracks that haven't even been started yet.

Speaking of which, I've updated the ZIP to include @TrialD's new E1M5 - the first remix not submitted by me, based on Bobby Prince's "They're Going to Get You." Enjoy: ultimidi-0.0.15.zip