Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
continuum.mid

[Released] Ultimate MIDI Pack - A community music replacement for the original Doom

6 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

I'm just glad that Episode 3 has more original songs than the og and that Episode 4 doesn't reuse tracks from the previous maps

Good job

Me too. I gotta admit, I would rank this pack below .MID the way id did, as I do not like some of the replacement tracks very much; now, do not get me wrong, they are all fine tracks in itself, but they do not always feel like they fit their respective level. However, I am still glad that this pack exists and that Thy Flesh Consumed was finally given unique tracks.

6 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

I feel like the fact of maintaining several variants of MAPINFO and both full / partial replacement variants is adding a layer of complexity.

Yeah, definitely. It's a very me thing to do to add extra layers of complexity to things. Though the multiple variants of MAPINFO aren't completely unnecessary at least, they make it easier to play on different ports.

Due to some personal obligations preventing me from releasing today, I plan to release v1.0 and send it to /idgames tomorrow morning!

Obligatory image to make this post stand out:

ultimidi.png.4b9dc383a8f6c5343ea26ba28f8f2162.png

Alright, we are officially released! The MIDI pack is on its way to /idgames, but until then you can find it at archive.org as before:

https://archive.org/download/ultimidi/ultimidi.zip

This may or may not be the final version; that depends on whether any major MAPINFO issues or any technical MIDI issues are fixed.

Changelog since RC4:

• Further fixes to DMAPINFO par times
  • D_E1M10 added to ultimidi.wad, D_INTROA removed from uldupmid.wad (thanks @Diabolución)
  • Updated versions of @Bloo's tracks for E1M1, E1M4, E4M9

Thanks everyone who contributed MIDIs or otherwise helped during the development of this pack! It was very fun.

Great job! Congratulations to everyone involved! My favorite track was @Bloo's E1M6, though it didn't sound like Bobby Prince's originals it still felt very nostalgic to me.

Also great to see one of my favorite video game composers, @leejacksonaudio's return! I was really excited to hear his new tracks and both of them they turned out to be really good. Hope we can hear more of his in other projects.

13 minutes ago, Pregador said:

Also great to see one of my favorite video game composers, @leejacksonaudio's return! I was really excited to hear his new tracks and both of them they turned out to be really good. Hope we can hear more of his in other projects.

Thanks for the praise! The other projects he has worked on (that I know of) are the TNT Evilution MIDI Pack and Plutonia 3, the former of which has a beta available to download now!

23 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Thanks for the praise! The other projects he has worked on (that I know of) are the TNT Evilution MIDI Pack and Plutonia 3, the former of which has a beta available to download now!

I already knew about the TNT MIDI Pack, I've heard a few tracks and right now I'm waiting anxiously for the final version. Plutonia 3 on the other hand I thought it was a joke at first but great to hear it's a thing now and that Lee's involved in it.

Edited by Pregador

16 hours ago, paranoidroid said:

Awesome MIDI Pack!

I have made a recording of it with the Arachno SoundFont. 

Cool. I'll have to check that out. Always interesting hearing how my midis sound with different sound fonts.

Gonna replay NEIS with ultimidi.wad along tfcmidi.wad
:)
Also using dtwidmidi.wad along uldupmid.wad for UDTWID.

:D

And probably i will make my own mix of this one with some 2002ADO10a soundtrack to play along DTWID Lost Episode.

XD

Thanks you all, guys!
great midi pack for posterity and wading resource

;)

On 5/28/2021 at 6:31 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

One rough thing with Sekaiju is the almost nonexistence of online tutorial videos, barring a few beginner's guide blog posts and a handful of videos to get you started. If I continue using this program and get to know it a lot better, I'll try to make some tutorials together with some other MIDI composers to put out there for beginners.

I'm a bit late to this party, but please do! I'm definitely interested in tinkering with MIDI music and would like to know more of how to get really going on it.

13 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

I'm a bit late to this party, but please do! I'm definitely interested in tinkering with MIDI music and would like to know more of how to get really going on it.

If you'd like to get started with the free-but-excellent Cakewalk by Bandlab instead (what I use for MIDI and much, much more), the tutorial situation is 180° on it. Cakewalk has a rich set of tutorials and tips online, especially on YouTube, ready to get you going. DM me and I'll try to help get you started!

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

Next stop, Double Impact MIDI pack!

Hopefully...

That is indeed one of the projects I am planning!

I should be receiving the SC-88 recordings of the tracks soon. When that happens I will, in addition to uploading the pack to YouTube, OpenGameArt, and Bandcamp, send updated versions of the pack to both /idgames and archive.org, to include some updates I received just after the release. Hopefully that will be the actual final version.

The story text after e4m8 is missing for me in DSDA-Doom. Goes straight to the picture of Doomguy holding the rabbit head.

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

Off-topic and on-topic, at the same time...

@WadArchive: could you re-parse below out, please? For some reason, both uldupmid-rc1.wad (a4ee0e1d9733cf9442d9c06cf78a4c98b338ad15) and ultimidi-rc1.wad (9d5bbe58d0184cf40b303ba94f5f25b87302c564) were not added to the database.

https://doomshack.org/uploads/ultimidi-rc1.zip

I have added them manually. They weren't automatically added because the file 'midis\VICTOR STILES - Ammo Count: 00.mid' has a ':' in it and this is invalid on Windows/NTFS. The code that does the indexing is rather old and doesn't handle this well

53 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

The story text after e4m8 is missing for me in DSDA-Doom. Goes straight to the picture of Doomguy holding the rabbit head.

Gonna check that out; good thing I was already planning on an update!

13 minutes ago, WadArchive said:

I have added them manually. They weren't automatically added because the file 'midis\VICTOR STILES - Ammo Count: 00.mid' has a ':' in it and this is invalid on Windows/NTFS. The code that does the indexing is rather old and doesn't handle this well

I once again apologize for being so enveloped in Linux I forgot that NTFS doesn't support colons (facepalm).

It's cool to see this project is being followed by archivists!

21 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Gonna check that out; good thing I was already planning on an update!

I once again apologize for being so enveloped in Linux I forgot that NTFS doesn't support colons (facepalm).

It's cool to see this project is being followed by archivists!

I am most of the way through re-writing the indexing logic and I have checks in place for this. Just need to get off my butt and complete it

I've released a recording of one of my songs, "Ant Farm Melee," on Bandcamp! It's been released under the CC-BY-SA license. Please read my latest blog post for all of the details!

13 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I've released a recording of one of my songs, "Ant Farm Melee," on Bandcamp! It's been released under the CC-BY-SA license. Please read my latest blog post for all of the details!

looks like actually BY-NC-SA (BY-SA + no commercial use), is that what you intended?