Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ebigautisticnerd

How do i keep the picture quality while "shrinking" it for doom?

Recommended Posts

hello folks, while i was making a mod for final doom: tnt evilotion i stumbled across a problem.

when i was making sprites for my weapons, i noticed they were to big in size (1440 x 1080 px) so i shrinked it to 165 x 120

this is the result:

 

1440 x 1080 pxsketch-1616876346884.png.f0e98fa7ac412435b6935b3287230c12.png

 

to

165 x 120

 

sketch-1616876386995.png.011cd451ae56d6dc008511b7b06bb7b3.png

 

you noticed that the picture is very pixelated, and this is not cool.

so i, as a newbie ask the modders out there how to fix this issue

(it is more problematic by f.e. projectiles, and im fighting this problem a very long time).

Share this post


Link to post

Ok

1. I just export it as png (im making it on my phone), and then Reimport it, but in a smaller picture

2. I want to have it Display correctly in doom (hud) so it shows all of it, this looks kinda good

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ebigautisticnerd said:

Ok

1. I just export it as png (im making it on my phone), and then Reimport it, but in a smaller picture

2. I want to have it Display correctly in doom (hud) so it shows all of it, this looks kinda good

 

 

 

well i recomend pc, but what did was just resize it down in paint.net using nearest neighboring quality then i just touch it up a bit

 

and for getting to display correctly you can do that by adjusting the sprite's offsets in an editor like Slade

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks (im using mobile because the tools are simpler to use, im making 3d models for the weapons, then i pose with my hands to resemble the hands and edit them. On pc i had to use blender and some drawing and editing Programme, and blender is to complicated to use aswell as 90% of the drawing Programmes are overly complicated. but this seems simple to me) i hope this will help other people than me. and also why did you follow me like one second i was in doomworld and setting up my Account (Not meant to be Rude)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ebigautisticnerd said:

Thanks (im using mobile because the tools are simpler to use, im making 3d models for the weapons, then i pose with my hands to resemble the hands and edit them. On pc i had to use blender and some drawing and editing Programme, and blender is to complicated to use aswell as 90% of the drawing Programmes are overly complicated. but this seems simple to me) i hope this will help other people than me. and also why did you follow me like one second i was in doomworld and setting up my Account (Not meant to be Rude)

blender is actually really friggin simple, but u have to find the right tutorial. i recomend learning it its really useful

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ebigautisticnerd said:

(are you that guy from YouTube?)

probaly not considering i dont really use youtube

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

well i recomend pc, but what did was just resize it down in paint.net using nearest neighboring quality then i just touch it up a bit

 

and for getting to display correctly you can do that by adjusting the sprite's offsets in an editor like Slade

 

Yep, i can also recommend Paint.net, really good Program and many plugins to get.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks azuris for recommending paint.net. to test it, i have given lo wang (Protagonist from Shadow Warrior) the crowbar from Leonard (Protagonist from redneck ramapge)

Heres the result:

 

tile2081.png.139353bf9ce9cd64ed52040cfb51e959.pngtile2080.png.b4e810493f80dc21e2889934db3fc2b5.pngtile2082.png.d4115d25e49033384274d2ffcfe628d0.pngtile4091.png.5a042095a49c16a3bf4294eb032da27e.pngtile4090.png.e81d0d4f5077993e2965d14e927d148e.pngtile4092.png.b8b09a3b3cf2287f6862b9d6e31d2162.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×