soon to get

amd athlon xp1600 overclcook to amd xp2000
epox mobo
256 megs of ddr ram
ati radeon 8500le overclock to 9000
last but not least,
scsi hd's
and a watercooling kit.

You've got to have a quiet chuckle at people with a processor less than 400mhz. They could pretty much get a job, work for one weekend, quit, and afford to pay for an upgrade!

Heck, they could practically just wash a few cars or mow a few lawns and afford to get something better ;)

hey stfu. sometimes 450mhz is all you need for some games.
you dont know how pissedi was when i found out that my leet dual p2 was only a p2 400 to games.

BigBadGangsta said:

1.6000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ghz

Heh, I'm probably the only one that got that.

Anyway, first pc was 60mhz, this one is 600mhz, and my next one should arrive in the mail within two weeks. It's 2.2ghz and very sezy.

BigBadGangsta said:

1.6000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ghz

HAHAHAHA

Anyway, when I play Doom (rare, these days) I either play on my 792Mhz K6-III+ DOS box (with a Voodoo5 and two gigs of PC150 TinyBGA), or my AthlonXP 2800+ @ 2600Mhz (200Mhz * 13), with a gig of Corsair XMS3200 and a Sapphire 9700 Pro on an A7N8X. Just upgraded it a week or so ago. ^.~

kain said:

hey stfu. sometimes 450mhz is all you need for some games.
you dont know how pissedi was when i found out that my leet dual p2 was only a p2 400 to games.

I guess you missed your maths class, because 450mhz is MORE than 400, not less ;) Anyway, it's not as if I said "hey you lazy bastards, get off your fat arses and get yourselves a job", my post was written in a light hearted way. So chill out. Perhaps you need to get laid more than you need a job =p

You know what's sad? MY AMD 500mhz is too slow for Jedi Knight 2. Fucking rediculous. :P

(EDIT: runs but too slow to stay alive :P)

A PII-350, though if all goes well (*guffaw*), i'll have something in the region of 1.5 - 2ghz in the next 12 months.

well got to change mine cause i just updated. now i use an AMD 2800+, i think it is 2.x GHz(maybe 2.1 or 2.2). and 128 DDR ram, downsized from old system that had 320 SD ram.
I was at a pIII 450. i didnt get the pentium 4 cause it was so expensive plus the demo and specs on the AMD looked and ran so much better than a good number of the one they had. the only think i dont like it the fact that AMD's use a 266Mhz FSB(i think it is that, well it is what the main board is) and that the P4's use the 400Mhz FSB.
anyway it was a good buy at $315 Us

Sephiroth said:

AMD's use a 266Mhz FSBand that the P4's use the 400Mhz FSB.

Actually, nowadays Athlon XP's use a DDR 166MHz bus (effectively 333MHz), and the Pentium 4's use a quad-pumped 133MHz bus (effectively 533MHz).

650mhz... but I can always run the old style: 486/66mhz with 8mb ram (now that is kickass system... :P)

In regards to the 3Ghz question; I've gotten an AthlonXP 2800+ to 29xxMhz, but it wasn't very stable. My brother runs his gaming system at 3400 or 3600Mhz, don't remember - but then, he cheats. It's a Northwood. (sadly, I still own all over him ^.^;)

Actually, Seph, the newer Athlons use a 166Mhz FSB. But then, the newest P4s use a 133Mhz FSB. Naturally, the difference is that the Athlon's is double-pumped, or DDR, and the P4's is quad-pumped, or QDR. You'll find, however, that that sort of "overdriving" of the clock rates (DDR, QDR, and the like) gives diminishing returns. Combine that with the fact that the latest Athlon boards all support a 200Mhz FSB, hypertransport, and have a lower latency than the P4's bus does, and you've got a system that works out to be considerably faster. Unfortunately for AMD, the P4 still has a massive data rate advantage.

For those who don't know, data rate is the term used to represent the "effective" clock speed of DDR or QDR devices. Thus, a P4 with a bus running at a 133Mhz clock rate has a 533Mhz data rate. Likewise, DDR memory running at 200Mhz has a 400Mhz data rate.

right now i have a 666mhz intel celeron, but im building a new computer that will have dual AMD Athlon MP 2000 1.67ghz. Does anyone know if games like running on multiple processors? will doom3 do good on it, or what do you guys recommend?

Sephiroth said:

666Mhz, funny. keep that one for classic dooming and devil worship.

lol, will do. Its not a bad machine, really

1GHz Athlon atm but am upgrading this weekend to XP 2600+.
New m/b AGP 8x, 512mb 333mhz ram, second 7200rpm HD with win98 for Doom other with winXP.:)

I know a guy who I talk to a lot on AIM, has a very good setup, he tells me wants a top of the line computer. Go figure, you just can't please some people. :P

i have seen the new p4 ht go to well beyond 4ghz. it was swimming in ln2(liquid nitro?).