Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

(April fools) PUSS???: MEGAPRILWAD MONTH!!!!! [April Speedmapping Opportunity]

TbRcHQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

794020062196531230.png?v=1~~~~~~~~~~~~~794020062196531230.png?v=1 ALL YOUR MAPS ARE BELONG TO ME 794020062196531230.png?v=1~~~~~~~~~~~~~794020062196531230.png?v=1

Greetings and Salutations all! As you know, mapping is a very important thing to the doom community at large. Blah blah blah. "Mapping is fun." "I enjoy it too."

Here I've got for you a wonderful opportunity! You're gonna make some cool stuff for me!

As part of our monthly PUSS events, we are celebrating all things creative by burdening ourselves with strict deadlines and impossible to meet quotas! That's right fucker (!), it's MEGAWAD MONTH!!

q6p7LQJTVYKUDwJBIAgEgSAQBIJAEAgCQSAIdBAI

- You are, by reading this, hereby contractually obliged to submit to me one (1)  TC (total conversion) mega(15+)WAD(Where's all the Data?) containing no less than the following:

+ Thirty-Two (32) Custom Maps.

+ An entire resource pack of your own making (including custom flats and textures)

+ An entire bestiary replacement. Including monster reskins AND gameplay changes/rebalances

+ New weapons.

+ New custom music made by yourself.

- MegaWAD progress must begin during the month of April and are NOT allowed to be worked on in May. This includes all assets.

- Maps must be made in DeepSea. Our port of choice is ZDoom V2.1.5

yCUQb5Irk5AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

- Your mapping time can be nonconsecutive. Your timer will only go down when you are mapping, scripting or playtesting

- NO OUTSOURCING PLAYTESTING OR OTHER WORK!!!!

- I would recommend starting immediatley. This MegaWAD of yours won't finish itself!

- Failure to provide a TC MegaWAD by my birthday on April 27th will see to your immediate banishment from my discord server. If you're not in my server then I won't like any of your Doomworld posts.

- I don't have time to playtest your stuff, so you better not have any friggin bugs in it ok? Like seriously, how hard is it to quash these damn things? TCs with bugs will NOT be accepted.

- Submitting a TC to this event also means you herby forfeit the ownership rights you have to the work you've created. All monsters, maps, textures, etc. created for this event will be authored soley by myself. I just need you to make them for me.

- All contenders, and non-contenders are required to attend a special birthday party of mine on the 27th. Failure to attend this party will result in me not talking to you at lunch. Failure to bring a present will result in death.

For submissions, please post in this format:
TC Name: [ X ]
Author: [ BluePineapple72 ]

Music: [ Song + BluePineapple72 ]

Sky: [ X (by BluePineapple72) ]

Format: [ X ]

Difficulty Settings: [ X ]

Build Time [ X ]

Comments: I (your name here) hereby revoke my name and title from this project and henceforth ordain BluePineapple72 with the naming rights to this here TC of which he has made himself entirely within the month of April.

Screenshots:

gtjoRDlj3st6gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

I'm too lazy to get a link. I'm sure you can find it somewhere else.

Either way, you should get started. It's almost the 2nd you know.

794020062196531230.png?v=1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~794020062196531230.png?v=1 insert closing trim here 794020062196531230.png?v=1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~794020062196531230.png?v=1

MAP.gif

Edited by BluePineapple72

I understand that some of you may not have experience with making assets for a WAD beyond mapping. This playlist linked here contains an ecclectic multitude of tutorial videos for things like: custom monsters, custom weapons, custom HUD elements, voice acting tips, playtesting tips, quickscoping guides, video walkthroughs 4K 60 FPS 100%, slade compilation tips, marketing and advertising tips, dating advice, voice acting tips (again), lore writing advice, lore writing bad advice, examples of secretly invasive microtransaction implementation, examples of brain-washing your players to server your niche political functions, tips tp preventing me from playing your stuff, tips for how to beat @Major Arlene in 1 on 1 mapping combat, tips to get me to play your stuff, voice acting tips (en Español), advice on administrating a near thirty year old doom fan website dedicated to talking about monster asses, sector art tutorials, how to change your midis from D_RUNNIN, and maybe a few more. 

Hope this helps!

Get back to work

It's April 2nd now. The ruse is up. If you wanna make a whole TC within this month then go for it, I'm not stopping you.

The real event is coming... shortly. Still gotta finish March's.

So uh. Guess I'll leave this here.

SPEED2.png

12 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

This playlist linked here contains an ecclectic multitude of tutorial videos for things like:

Nice.

Is this for real? Too bad i don't know how to use DeepSea lol.

No, but if you're looking really for a NaNoWadMo thing this month, good luck with it.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:28 AM, Walter confetti said:

Is this for real? Too bad i don't know how to use DeepSea lol.

No, but if you're looking really for a NaNoWadMo thing this month, good luck with it.

Naw. Twas an April fools joke. The real event will be live in a few days