Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NieMaMordy

Eternity's screen gets black when starting to stream it on discord

When I start streaming eternity's window on discord, it's window gets black, no matter what resolution is used or if I am running the game in fullscreen or in window. Despite the window being black, you can still hear that the game is running properly in the background. When I press alt+enter to change window size, I can see everything again, but discord stops to stream the game. Is this a known issue?

I used two versions of Eternity, and both of them are affected:
Version 4.02
Eternity-x64-4.03.00-pre-87-g9460ed1e

It's known to occur for some users, however it's a discord issue. There's nothing anyone here can do.

I think I fixed it, at least in my tests. Fix should be in tomorrow's devbuild.

3 hours ago, Altazimuth said:

I think I fixed it, at least in my tests. Fix should be in tomorrow's devbuild.

Wait really? How?

I experienced the same bug in Chocolate Descent, when I debugged it with RenderDoc what I noticed is that Discord was overwriting the texture bound at GL_TEXTURE0 with its new framebuffer texture, so I added code to rebind it before drawing the framebuffer and it fixed the problem for everyone who's ever reported it to me.

I don't know why discord rebinds GL_TEXTURE0 and then fails to restore it, but it works? Not like it's a huge perf penalty or anything either, many games would already  be doing at the very least one bind per frame...

I don't like to necrobump, but I am experiencing the same issue as OP on the current build (4.02 Forseti). Didn't think it'd warrant a new thread, so apologies if it bothers anyone. Attempting a steam to Discord turns the screen black for me regardless of resolution and alt+Enter kills the stream.