Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

DBP34: Luminous Gloom

This is epic. I LOVE the green color scheme. The designs are very creative, and the levels are quite fun. I will nominate this for a cacoward.

So far I've played levels 1 and 2.

Edited by Commodore Forever!

Spoiler

O9pFilU.jpg

TIaerH1.jpg

Doomer Boards be blessed. Another delightful expansion. There really is atmosphere here. I've played the first level on UV and it's likely that I'll continue this journey. 

Damn, these guys are prolific. I've only played Monuments of Mars from these projects but I like that one a lot. The green scheme here looks great, I'll have to give this a go.

Very cool mapset! DBP is a force to take in account this year, with Casablanca first, and now this.

You know, a few areas of the first map reminded me very vaguely to Ribbiks style. Maybe the architecture with black stone, from some Sunlust maps.

Then I reached map 04, and man, that's totally Sunlust style! Not saying it as it's a bad thing, of course.

https://imgur.com/ahoEzYI

Edited by Turin Turambar

A bit of feedback about difficulty: map 5 and 6 were imo too easy, and map 7, while doable, it's clearly a tier above in difficulty to any previous map. Map 8 is again too easy, and map 9 feels good. It's a pity map 10 is

just a credits map, its size implied a small but nice slaughter fight to end the wad!

Having fun with this so far - just a bug report: on MAP06 I started out stuck in the ceiling as seen here:

2092152997_MAP06(8).png.85a7ac493eeb49b27a25a7d112cd5edc.png

I checked the map and it looks like the sectors are all slanted in a way that made Doomguy spawn on one of the higher sectors, trapping me in place. This was played in DOOM Retro.

Been having a blast with this map set. Very cool designs and great game play. Just finished map 4 Delirium Tremens and it was my favorite so far. Had a lot of fun with a battle in that one. Really well done all!

Nice one this month guys!

Edited by Dubbag

13 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Having fun with this so far - just a bug report: on MAP06 I started out stuck in the ceiling as seen here:

2092152997_MAP06(8).png.85a7ac493eeb49b27a25a7d112cd5edc.png

I checked the map and it looks like the sectors are all slanted in a way that made Doomguy spawn on one of the higher sectors, trapping me in place. This was played in DOOM Retro.

The vertical position the player is spawned into a map in DR has previously been changed such that the height all touching sectors are taken into account. I've fixed this so that if a touching sector pushes the player up into the ceiling, it will be ignored.

And here for some reason I thought that after the 32 DBP, you guys would take a break. Bless my folly, grace comes from green Hell.

On MAP04 at the moment and this is top quality stuff all round, great effort from all involved. 

On map06 I had some serious performance issues in the room with the blue skull. Playing Guncaster, I walked in there and attempted to use a spell and gzdoom basically locked up. I killed the app, loaded the save back up, went back in and just ran for the key and back out. I noticed a little stuttering but the rest of the map played fine. 

I honestly have no idea on this one.

Edited by Bryan T

This is such a blast! Super top notch quality. Had to stop playing in map 06 (swamp thing) tho, performance dropped to the floor to unplayable frame rates, which was a surprise because the previous maps played super smoothly. My old rig can't handle this level of awesomeness it seems ha.

Anyways, awesome mapset! I played it with the Spawn gameplay mod and it was a match made in hell!

Map 07 was a complete blast, probably one of my favorites I've played this year. Just balls to the wall action, but a surprising jump in difficulty especially given the previous couple maps. Every map looked gorgeous and was fun to boot. Color pallet was very attractive.

I have to say Swamp Thing was a walk in the park though -- wish it had a little less health or no invulnerability. I don't think I used close to half of what I picked up. And I was looking for a bit more action on map 10 -- the arena was begging for a bigger fight. Hope that's not too harsh... Great maps. (I did notice a couple missing textures and on map a revenant didn't teleport in -- I can go back and look again if any author is interested.)