Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elio.exe

DAWN (A Doom II, Limit-Removing Techbase)

Really creative name, indeed. I'm back, with my second ever map in UDB, and so far, I'm liking this editor, though not very different from GZDB. So Dawn... probably took me 3 days to finish, although it should've taken me less. I like how it turned out, started out much brighter at first, but then I changed the music, tampered with the lighting and it's a whole different map now. I don't think the atmosphere here is as heavy as, say Toxic Leek or Vacated Permises, but I like it anyways. Still experimenting, especially with lighting details. Still as short as my maps get, not any less confusing and puzzly than Old Storage One. Might not wanna play this one on UV, bye! Enjoy!

--IMPORTANT-ISH--

Format: Doom 2/ Limit-removing

Source port: Tested with PrBoom

Crouching: No

Jumping: No

Freelook: Not an obligation, and not a personal preference (I play with arrow keys)

Contains: Couple of textures, Ultimate Doom music

Designed for: Singleplayer only, contains no starts for other game modes

Difficulty levels: Yes

dawn.zip

Spoiler

5.PNG.92b43fac87bcd09f5f3f03c10aab4f69.PNG1.PNG.90c67191999854d62c0a13b4ed73ed22.PNG2.PNG.717985b5451629ade526aeab6379433f.PNG4.PNG.1893344dd9cc8564ac860ba4eeedbaf3.PNG3.PNG.8868431b95f57066f308368b58449ff8.PNG

Terrific little map, mate. Feels like a sibling map to your last one as it has similar vibes. The progression is a little backtrack-happy, but it's not too bad given how compact the map is. The combat was great fun, your detailing and texture work is stellar as always. You're the king of fun, compact techbase maps as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, the audio of my playthrough was corrupted, but I salvaged the footage for you.

Nice little map here with some good combat sections. Slightly too much back and forth switch hunting for my liking as by the time I hit the yellow switch and went to the exit, I'd gotten tired of passing through the same sections of map. Only thing I noticed is that if you hit the switch to make the lift to the exit raise, there seems to be no way to get back up to the exit if you drop down from the exit.

Spoiler
On 4/3/2021 at 9:35 AM, Biodegradable said:

Terrific little map, mate. Feels like a sibling map to your last one as it has similar vibes. The progression is a little backtrack-happy, but it's not too bad given how compact the map is. The combat was great fun, your detailing and texture work is stellar as always. You're the king of fun, compact techbase maps as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, the audio of my playthrough was corrupted, but I salvaged the footage for you.

Spoiler
17 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Nice little map here with some good combat sections. Slightly too much back and forth switch hunting for my liking as by the time I hit the yellow switch and went to the exit, I'd gotten tired of passing through the same sections of map. Only thing I noticed is that if you hit the switch to make the lift to the exit raise, there seems to be no way to get back up to the exit if you drop down from the exit.

Thanks for the reviews!! 

Looks pretty cool as always! I wonder how many maps you already have

20 hours ago, Noiser said:

Looks pretty cool as always! I wonder how many maps you already have

Aw thanks! Idk how many maps there are, might be like 8-10 maps (and a lot of unfinished drafts behind the scenes)

Been playing through your maps for last few days. I must say I really dig the style. This might be just me but a gripe I do have (this happened in couple of your techbase maps for me) is that there are a lot times where I'm backtracking through an empty map after flicking a switch searching for what had opened. Enemy encounters that lead you to where you need to go might be nice.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, NecroPoster said:

Been playing through your maps for last few days. I must say I really dig the style. This might be just me but a gripe I do have (this happened in couple of your techbase maps for me) is that there are a lot times where I'm backtracking through an empty map after flicking a switch searching for what had opened. Enemy encounters that lead you to where you need to go might be nice.

Oh thank you! I didn't think puzzles would be that big of a deal in this map, especially due to its size, but I get how backtracking can get on your nerves.

Good looking map and fun to play, though I agree with some of the comments.  A bit too much going back and forth.  Maybe put in some teleporters?

On 4/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, Kor said:

Good looking map and fun to play, though I agree with some of the comments.  A bit too much going back and forth.  Maybe put in some teleporters?

Thanks for playing! Yes, the backtracking was definitely a problem during the map's development, but I assumed it wouldn't be very noticeable, since the map is small. I feel like teleporters wouldn't fit in well, I generally don't use teleporters, I just don't like them for some reason.