Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

[Boom] Obsctacle does not seem to block teleport destination for monsters if it itself was teleported

Question

It's a little esoteric situation, but I needed a monster that can teleport between platforms on trigger. To this end I used intermediate rooms with barrels that can be detonated on trigger freeing space for the monster to teleport out and then teleport to second platform. But when time comes for it to return, I would need to block the teleport destination again. For this I tried using a burning barrel and a tree, but to no avail. Monster teleports atop of it.

Is it a consistent behaviour? I'm not excited about using another monster for blocking.

3 answers to this question

You can use a monster to block it and make the sector a crusher, so when the player is near the end of the level or past this arena, have the crusher activate so the player can have 100% kills.

A quick solution to your example - assuming I understood it correctly :P

monsterswitchplatform.zip

It's not necessarily foolproof for all monsters, because it ultimately depends on the length of the attack pattern. But tweaking the delay length should provide enough of a buffer to account for the longer ones. In any case, hopefully it'll put you in the right direction.

That's not quite what I was imagining but this is an interesting idea. I'll think about converting to it.

Although for now I'll probably just put monsters there. Won't have to worry about projectiles colliding with invisible rods.