Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XxcglezxX

DOOM Eternal alt-tab crashing computer :(

So I have no idea why this started happening, but when I try to alt-tab into any other open window and then alt-tab back into the game my whole computer resets itself. I thought it might have been because I had some mods installed, so I took them out and verified the game files multiple times but it still crashes my pc. The game works fine if I don't alt-tab. I think online services might be broken too, but I'm not completely sure yet. It wasn't doing this like a week ago. Anyone know what's up???

Can you check you temperature and ram usage when you're running Doom Eternal?

Feels like you computer resets itselfs sounds like if the CPU Shutsdowns to security cooldown.

2 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Can you check you temperature and ram usage when you're running Doom Eternal?

Feels like you computer resets itselfs sounds like if the CPU Shutsdowns to security cooldown.

My GPU temps were around 70 to 80 degrees Celsius, my CPU temps were around 50 to 60 degrees Celsius and I was using around 9 gigs of ram. This seems normal to me. Again, the game works fine and my pc only resets after I alt-tab back into DOOM Eternal. After some more testing, it seems that online services are working. I think I'll try to reinstall the game. Hopefully that'll work.

Ok, so I think I fixed it. I tried updating my pc and reinstalling GPU drivers but I don't think that worked. So then I tried turning on hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and it looks like that might have done it.

Edited by XxcglezxX