Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
game

[Wad And Map Guessing Game Thread]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looks like Dawn of the Dead, E1M2

 

(yeah I checked, got it right)

 

gFtAWrO.png

 

Hint #1: this arena is basically the level
Hint #2: From a pcorf megawad

Hint #3: The title of this level has the word “key” in it

Answer: Bella II MAP18 "Kill 'em for a Key".

Also the Doom 2 Unleashed map is MAP04 I found out.

Edited by NuMetalManiak : new hint again

Share this post


Link to post

@NuMetalManiak Bella II MAP18, got it with heavy cheating (going through doomwiki, I have never played Bella II). If anyone is counting the points, this answer is for +0 points :)

Share this post


Link to post

No. The WAD in question was released one year later than Concerned.

Share this post


Link to post

Allright allright, @FrancisT218 has the correct WAD. It's MAP02 very near the start. I intentionally avoided colourful parts of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, El juancho said:

This looks like eternal doom 🤔

But it's not.

It's some weird wad for Zdoom that barely uses Zdoom features (but uses Boom ones indeed) with build time from 1998 to 2009 according to its author. It's somewhat partial conversion.

Hint: In this wad cacos are reskinned to be fire gargs, Baby spiders - Bishops, Mastermind - Heresiarch, Cyber - Green Chaos Serpent

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

But it's not.

It's some weird wad for Zdoom that barely uses Zdoom features (but uses Boom ones indeed) with build time from 1998 to 2009 according to its author. It's somewhat partial conversion.

Hint: In this wad cacos are reskinned to be fire gargs, Baby spiders - Bishops, Mastermind - Heresiarch, Cyber - Green Chaos Serpent

 

Was it called Herian? I never played much of it so I couldn't tell you which map that is.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Megalyth said:

Was it called Herian? I never played much of it so I couldn't tell you which map that is.

The wad in question isn't Herian (~1996-7 wad iirc) but has some vibes of it.

Hint: the name of the wad is BOOM****.wad

I can say the name if you guys think it's really obscure wad... And I'm starting to think it is

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Looks like boomtown but i've just checked levels from it and cound't find any level that maches with the screenshot.

Edited by Chainie

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

I can say the name if you guys think it's really obscure wad... And I'm starting to think it is

obscure indeed.
I was going to say Mayhem, the one with the Blood resources.
But its out of the date range you already put as a hint.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Ha! Found it. Boomtown map24 ghost town
Same room from another spot
 

image.png
Hmm, but on Silverminer's picture flat on the floor is different. I'll continue searching.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Chainie said:

Ha! Found it. Boomtown map24 ghost town
Same room from another spot
 

image.png

You're right but I took the screen from map0x (it has scrolling orange sky)

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Hint: looks like the factory but with another coat, as per the concept of the wad


Switcheroom 2 MAP11 maybe?

 

EDIT: Cool beans :)

Someone else can post the next one though.

Edited by Xulgonoth

Share this post


Link to post

U6WXdHy.png

 

HINT: where do most people sleep? the answer also responds to a chunk of the wad's title (:

 

@Chainie is correct! +2

 

[Bedlam, E3M6 - "Caco's Cauldron"]

Edited by galileo31dos01

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/18/2021 at 9:04 AM, NuMetalManiak said:

2. music in the level has bagpipes

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

U6WXdHy.png

 

HINT: where do most people sleep? the answer also responds to a chunk of the wad's title (:

Bedlam e3m6

Share this post


Link to post

изображение_2021-09-04_113258.png
@vdgg is Correct! (since it's single map would be fair to give 2 ponts 'cause mentioning standart map number is useless )

Edited by Chainie

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×