Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAN_WITH_GUN

10 mins speedmaps: 6 levels + ending map. Quick little set that you can finish in one try.

177530472_ForINTER.png.15a8e48471d546e3e2aa58eda0a080e6.png

10 mins only on mapping, babe!

Hello everyone, here's the simple and kinda weird set that i finished yesterday and it was inspired by this sort of challenge which is made by @Dubbag :

What's this wad about?

Well, all the maps most of the time just fast paced action but also super short because y'know - 10 mins only. Maps have a pistol starts so don't worry about loosing ur guns and be careful - some of them have a hot start. On the beggining of the wad you gonna exploring classic techbase levels and at the end just a classic hell maps, difficulty will be more higher as much as you keep going, but nothing too much cruel for ya :v

Wad info:

IWAD: Doom 2

Port: Prboom plus (complevel 9)

Difficulty Settings: UV only. (Some maps beatable even on Nightmare)

Custom: New Music, skybox and some graphics.

Multiplayer/Deathmatch: No way.

Gameplay time: You can beat the whole set in about 10 mins or less tbh.

Map list:

Map01 - First Blood

Map02 - Corrupted Courtyard

Map03 - Circle of Death

Map04 - Abandoned Caves

Map05 - Into the Fire

Map06 - Deathscape

(Map07 - The End)

Screenshots:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcoc0kmqndqnwp4/10 mins map.rar?dl=0

Edited by MAN_WITH_GUN

Gonna make a WAD show video of this later. I feel honored to have inspired someone. And those maps look insanely detailed for 10 minutes each. That's awesome.

7 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

Gonna make a WAD show video of this later. I feel honored to have inspired someone. And those maps look insanely detailed for 10 minutes each. That's awesome.

Thanks, yeah that was a hard time making a map in only 10 mins, insane. When i watched ur video with this challenge i was thinking: "Hmm, how i'll make a map in 10 mins" aaaand there ya go :V

5 hours ago, Dubbag said:

LOVED IT!

Yo thanks for the playthrough! Glad you enjoyed even if it was like y'know, super short. Using mapping tools, ideas in ur head and you'll be able to make at least a basic map :v

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I made something similar years ago, I'll check it next time

I'll be happy to see any feedback for it cuz i know it's pretty small set and there's nothing much to play.

9 hours ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

I'll be happy to see any feedback for it cuz i know it's pretty small set and there's nothing much to play.

As Dubbag said, for being levels made in 10 minutes, the detailing is incredible! Even with it's simplicity, is pretty good looking, especially maps like MAP05 and MAP07!

Gameplay is pretty simple, but fun. The crushers in the MAP04 cave are pretty sadistic, also MAP05 ending and MAP06 are pretty challening!

Played on Crispy Doom 5.10.0 and worked perfectly, it even showns the skybox texture change! (WElll, this is a thing that Crispy Doom can do, in recent times)

One question: is it me that i misunderstanding something or i saw MAP03 already? No, because it reminds me of a small map that i played long ago...

Edited by Walter confetti

9 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

As Dubbag said, for being levels made in 10 minutes, the detailing is incredible! Even with it's simplicity, is pretty good looking, especially maps like MAP05 and MAP07!

Gameplay is pretty simple, but fun. The crushers in the MAP04 cave are pretty sadistic, also MAP05 ending and MAP06 are pretty challening!

Played on Crispy Doom 5.10.0 and worked perfectly, it even showns the skybox texture change! (WElll, this is a thing that Crispy Doom can do, in recent times)

One question: is it me that i misleading something or i saw MAP03 already? No, because it reminds me of a small map that i played long ago...

Tnx for the feedback man! Well, it was tested in Prboom plus and i used generated actions in one of the maps, i think it was MAP05: Into the Fire; and that's pretty much why i put this port in wad info. (Is they're still gonna work in Crispy? I just didn't know about it lol)

Well, last maps should be challenging and i like how it turns out in this time limit.

Map04 crushers actually works wow, i thought they were too obvious cuz of the corpses around :v

Map03 uuugh, probably not, you have alotta wads that you already played and starts finding some similar touches in other ones y'know.

I'm always astounded at your speed of map making, these were totally functional maps that looked great and professional - I had a great time trying to beat them with pistol starts. This was great fun! I kept playing that last map cause I liked the challenge - good stuff!