Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Origamyde

World Corp [V.1.1]

Version 1.1 =

- Revamped textures in some areas;

- Modified the contents of three secrets;

- Modified the enemy placement in some areas, not accounting for additions;

- Corrected some "monster closets" textures to make it more coherent compared to the other ones;

>>> NOW WITH HYPER-REALISTIC PHOTOGRAPHY ! <<<

===========================================================

1052820579_TITLEPIC(WORLDCORP).png.5e90f4cc6574e3643423546748315e89.png 

Hello there, fellow Doomers !

Following my very first WAD submission on this website, which was The City of Dread, I present you today with my follow-up, World Corp !

This time, there's no particularly elaborated plot here. Just your good ol' Doomguy infiltrating a corporation and wrecking havoc on the whole complex, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This Single-Map WAD (requiring Doom II) is still compatible with GZDoom and many other WADs adding content on their own.
  • It features not only vanilla textures, but also assets borrowed from renown texture packs featured on Realm667 ! A complete list of used textures can be found in the README file.
  • It also still features a unique mini-soundtrack, also detailed in the aforementioned README file. Support those artists, goddamn it !
  • Mouselook, crouching and jumping are still allowed, finally. You don't need them specifically to finish the level, but I feel like offering options to all players.

In advance, thanks for trying my level, and for any feedback related to it !

I have now decided to switch to Dropbox for my future uploads. It will be much easier if I have to bring heavier WADs to this website !

(Includes the CORRECT soundtrack)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i0n52msll0iraip/AABEvi8P1WOOX-YOhvoO6cHka?dl=0

* WARNING *

I have been experimentating with Security Cameras Things and ACS a bit. Unfortunately, this has the nasty habit of showing some parts of the map on the Automap early on.

While I am currently searching for a good way to lessen / delete that effect, consider starting a new game twice to make it disappear ! If you don't particularly care about that, then carry on without the said method.

Spoiler

911817516_2021-04-0609_56_19-WorldCorpEnterprises-DOOM2_HellonEarth.png.74c330dd02dc3947c86ceae9ae2b060a.png

Spoiler

1287403702_2021-04-0609_56_05-WorldCorpEnterprises-DOOM2_HellonEarth.png.0bb3c8b7d8a04a0a00e2d85b1fd8ed77.png

Spoiler

1933052068_2021-04-0609_55_46-WorldCorpEnterprises-DOOM2_HellonEarth.png.a3259f5da477f45dea13f381d29b0735.png

Spoiler

945684777_2021-04-0609_55_34-WorldCorpEnterprises-DOOM2_HellonEarth.png.e5d4594842b9bf5781b8ee806a769e74.png

WorldCorp1.0.zip

Edited by Origamyde

3 hours ago, saibog said:

hi! any screenshots of the mapset?

Not yet !

I'll be trying to update the topic with some accompanying pictures. In the meantime, feel free to test it out 😀

World Corp

Ultra-Violence || GZDoom || Weps_OS

Deaths → 1 (killed by Chaingunner)

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-074042.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-074454.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-074816.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-080008.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-080622.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-081528.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-123410.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-124421.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-124714.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210406-125524.png

Wow, so far it has been a really good map, in fact it has been extremely entertaining, more than I would have imagined, so, I will try not to go into much detail here, I will only say that the structure that was used in each The area was really interesting to see, many platforms and elevators everywhere, in addition to that now it has been used more frequently that the Marine has to submerge in all kinds of liquids to progress in some parts, or simply that it helps him to mortify its fall, in any case, I like this mechanic a lot and it is really very interesting to use on maps, as well as certain decorations. Another thing I wanted to highlight was the fact that there are quite a few strategically placed enemies, some of them are intended to drain the Marine's health more frequently, and others are simply meant to be a hindrance and prevent the Marine from escaping. quickly, the truth is that if I was amazed by the large number of enemies that had, although the biggest surprise was until the end, meeting the Spider MasterMind was something extremely horrible, because he tried to kill him from the door where the Marine just arrived until the last area, but fortunately I managed to survive and defeat that boss, and for the last remaining enemies everything was calmer and without problems. Great job you've done in this Wad, I've had a great time here, and boy, things didn't turn out to be as horrible as I imagined, plus I hope to see new projects that you bring to the table, mate.

Not a fan of arena boss fights, but otherwise a very good map that I enjoyed immensely. Nice to see some of my textures (and variants of them) in use too :)

6 hours ago, Martin Howe said:

Not a fan of arena boss fights, but otherwise a very good map that I enjoyed immensely. Nice to see some of my textures (and variants of them) in use too :)

HI there, Martin ! 

What can I say, except thank you for providing such good textures on Realm667 and enjoying my Map 😶

It's my first attempt at a pure arena boss fight (a bit like in my first WAD), so I hope it wasn't a miss more than a hit 😁

I recorded a playthrough of your map which I uploaded here:

This is a very cool map with a lot of great attention to detail. I loved the kickass mp3 song (although it might be a bit short for a map that takes like 30 minutes to beat on a blind run) and the textures you picked add a lot of neat visual variety without really violating any classic Doom-ness. 

I think the weakest areas of this map fall within the encounter design and the signaling of how to progress through the map. With a 350+ monster count, I was really expecting some crazy intense battles with some ambushes or surprise closets opening up, and dangerous mixes of enemies where there are interesting choices to make, etc - but really it amounted to a lot of "open door, kill 10-20 of x to proceed" type of fighting. That's not to say there isn't any variety in this map, because there certainly is, but I just have to note that there were a few too many instances where you could trim the monster count without losing the essence of the encounter. I'm also not a huge fan of how much of the progression relied on just hitting switches to open doors, there were so many switches in this map. Almost every switch you hit requires you to just flat out back-track to whatever it opened for you. It started to get a little confusing after a while.

I really like this map though. I'm only spending so much time talking about the areas you could improve because I think it really is on the cusp of being a truly memorable map. I'm a fan of interconnected level design, and this map does give you a lot of satisfaction in seeing how areas click back together with one another. It is also a lot of fun to get some weaponry and just blast through hordes of monsters without having to think too much about it, and this map gives you a lot of that. I certainly enjoyed my time with it, and I'd absolutely play either a theoretical second map in this set, or whatever else you make after this.

6 hours ago, LVENdead said:

I recorded a playthrough of your map which I uploaded here:

This is a very cool map with a lot of great attention to detail. I loved the kickass mp3 song (although it might be a bit short for a map that takes like 30 minutes to beat on a blind run) and the textures you picked add a lot of neat visual variety without really violating any classic Doom-ness. 

I think the weakest areas of this map fall within the encounter design and the signaling of how to progress through the map. With a 350+ monster count, I was really expecting some crazy intense battles with some ambushes or surprise closets opening up, and dangerous mixes of enemies where there are interesting choices to make, etc - but really it amounted to a lot of "open door, kill 10-20 of x to proceed" type of fighting. That's not to say there isn't any variety in this map, because there certainly is, but I just have to note that there were a few too many instances where you could trim the monster count without losing the essence of the encounter. I'm also not a huge fan of how much of the progression relied on just hitting switches to open doors, there were so many switches in this map. Almost every switch you hit requires you to just flat out back-track to whatever it opened for you. It started to get a little confusing after a while.

I really like this map though. I'm only spending so much time talking about the areas you could improve because I think it really is on the cusp of being a truly memorable map. I'm a fan of interconnected level design, and this map does give you a lot of satisfaction in seeing how areas click back together with one another. It is also a lot of fun to get some weaponry and just blast through hordes of monsters without having to think too much about it, and this map gives you a lot of that. I certainly enjoyed my time with it, and I'd absolutely play either a theoretical second map in this set, or whatever else you make after this.

Hi there, LVENdead, and thank you so much for providing construtive feedback to me ! :O

This is my second Single-Map WAD published on my website, right after The City of Dread. If you liked my WAD and are interested in my work, I recommend you check it out :]

I also didn't notice up until now that I had provided the wrong soundtrack for this WAD, so I'll make sure to update it to correct this mistake !

As for the points you've made regarding WC, I do agree that it could be more than better in terms of progression / encounters. I'm also unfortunately not much of a coder, so I'll have to find workarounds (like scripted camera sequences, perhaps) to indicate which area has opened in a way less cryptic manner.

And yes, those closet transitions are definitively an oversight ! I'll fix 'em in a jiffy :S

Other than that, thank you for giving some of your time towards my WAD, and stay tuned for my next project ! :D

hi. just completed your map in uv. lots of fun. the drop in the pool completely caught me off guard. love your mapping style. in the end, a slight let down that it was only one map. anyways, a big thank you for the superb work done. hope you could make more maps like this in the future.

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215410.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215441.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215516.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215926.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220048.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220701.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220920.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_221714.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_222405.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_232717.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_234042.png

Edited by saibog

16 hours ago, saibog said:

hi. just completed your map in uv. lots of fun. the drop in the pool completely caught me off guard. love your mapping style. in the end, a slight let down that it was only one map. anyways, a big thank you for the superb work done. hope you could make more maps like this in the future.

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215410.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215441.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215516.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_215926.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220048.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220701.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_220920.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_221714.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_222405.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_232717.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210411_234042.png

Thank you Saibog ! 😄

Currently, I'm doing Single-Map Wads to pick up a working pace. I was originally dedicating my efforts and time on a Megawad project, but I decided to put it on hiatus until I grow more confident about my work flow 🤔

Though, I am thinking of doing something related to my future WAD release. Not a Megawad, but a Doom-Style episode 1 WAD that could be following it, alongside releasing a texture pack so that people can make their own levels with it as well. Time will tell !