Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tonguehamspacexdragongreat

Nightmare question

So I've had this dumb idea to complete all doom games on steam on nightmare(with saves ofc), but then i found out about the add-ons, so i decided to complete those too.

Problem is, I'm about 100% sure e4m8 from no end in sight is physically impossible with respawns, so if someone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it, just so i can stop throwing myself against the wall and give up on it...

Nightmare isn't supposed to be taken seriously, it didn't exist initially and was added in 1.2 as a gotcha to people complaining that UV was too easy.

As such, yes there are situations where its respawning monsters make things complicated. Not necessarily impossible, if you have every baron dead at once things will progress, but not something you should be giving too much thought on.

Though with just 3 barons, I can't see that being too much of a problem?

I was under the impression you couldn't save in Nightmare mode. You have to start from the beginning when you die. Or is that just DOOM 2016? O_o

39 minutes ago, Korozive said:

I was under the impression you couldn't save in Nightmare mode. You have to start from the beginning when you die. Or is that just DOOM 2016? O_o

This is the modern Doom, yes.

And, well, I guess there is alway some speedrun strategy and other stuff to apply that can allow you to finish every map.

if that can help you in any way, there is a nightmare speedrun of E4 from Zero Master, he certainly use almost impossible glitches to do as regular player, idk. Still, here it this :

But as the devs say, Nightmare "isn't even remotely fair" and this message is not a joke, in a way :)

3 hours ago, tonguehamspacexdragongreat said:

Guys, I'm talking about e4m8 from no end in sight, not ultimate doom

Oh well my bad, I don't know so... But this is not a "Doom game" or at least an "official sequel", is it ?

1 minute ago, tonguehamspacexdragongreat said:

They're calling it 'official add-on'

these were made by people not directly affiliated with id or the original Doom production process. 

in any case Nightmare is not meant to be taken seriously, as people above have said. if you can't complete it on nightmare there's probably a reason. 

7 hours ago, Korozive said:

Not even 2016, it's ultra-nightmare you can't save in that. What you couldn't do is cheat.