Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrocketRocket

Geothermal Zone (Single Level/w some small fixes)

Ports tested on: GZDOOM,ZDOOM and LZDOOM.

Gameplay:No Jumping,Crouching,Mouse-look (Unless you play with mouse-look all the time then go for it)

IWADS:DOOM2

Textures:DOOM2 and Plutonia SKYBOX

Music:Blue Water Blue Sky MIDI

Format:UDMF Doom 2

Note:Best played on HMP or ITYTD on the first playthrough, I'm not the smartest man when it comes to knowing whats a dick move or not.

Description:

I wanted to try and make a short challenging level that makes players focus on moving around alot and post it here so I'll learn better for challenging enemy placements. I hesitated posting on this one since I couldn't tell if the level was too easy or just plain unfair. Made sure to tweak some parts of UV and HMP. Any feedback on how I can fix/improve this map enemy placement is appreciated as well. Have fun!

Screenshot_Doom_20210407_012326.png.0fc13e332873997253f8fbe12279f787.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210407_013534.png.1f2bc22d68e57af7f845a3acfbc4d032.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210407_013549.png

Geothermal Zone-Another fix.zip

---------------------------------------

Updates:

Fixed some more missing textures thanks to someone had pointed out

Changed some parts where the large brown tree where the revenant is at.

Hopefully thats all of them.

Fixes:A missing texture problem someone found.

Edited by CrocketRocket : more missing texture fixes and weird udmf jank.

Good map, played it on UV and was able to beat it my first time around, obviously being an asshole mapper is not a prerequisite for making a hard map, but the level of difficulty was perfectly fine, not too hard, not too easy, but still enough monsters to keep things interesting

Apart from this one missing texture, good map, making Hell maps look visually pleasing isn't an easy task

Screenshot_Doom_20210407_133028.png

4 hours ago, Sena said:

Apart from this one missing texture, good map, making Hell maps look visually pleasing isn't an easy task

Glad you liked it! I'll see if I can get that one fixed asap once I get home

Geothermal Zone

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Vanilla

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110021.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110253.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110530.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-111510.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-111734.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-112241.png

A really big map, really painful, and really interesting, there is a lot to say about this map, to begin with, that the design of the underworld is really spectacular, very good memories of the first Doom come to mind, and now with the second It's about the fighting, in the beginning it's a bit brutal, but afterwards things calm down, so that's very good because they don't end up causing the Marine serious headaches, and that's good for me. Great map that you have created, and I hope to see other maps that you get to bring here, mate.

EXTRA:

Spoiler

List of the numerous encounters that I had with certain texture faults that I found in the entire map.

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110709.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110749.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-110821.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-111000.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-111144.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210407-111845.png

hi. a huge delight playing and completing your map on uv. really like your mapping style. a big thank you for making such a wonderful map. best wishes from kuala lumpur, malaysia.

vAPWKcL.png

s8xYHhH.png

Ox7Ez9F.png

nqmbCIF.png

ByxZByd.png

vbi05qH.png

Edited by saibog : screenshots from external source. have met doomworld max upload quota.

I tested Geothermal Zone "geothermal zone-a minor fix-.wad" with GZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, well designed map, 80/100. This is a challenging map until you find all of the resources you need to complete the map. Starting the map, you would have to run away from the enemies until you find more shotgun ammo to start fighting the monsters. I wouldn't say the monsters would be able to actually follow you around the map. This is a great map, I recommend adding more locations to explore in the map. There is the circle area, then you have to find the red key. After finding the red key, you move down the paths that lead towards the exit. Add enemies on cliffs that will shoot fireballs at you while you are moving through the map. Flying enemies can fly anywhere, and will increase the difficult of the map.