Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serum

Favorite Game From The Year You Were Born

6 hours ago, Jello said:

I really want to find this one, and I looked around a bit with no luck. Maybe with some extra info... like what platform was it for? You mentioned Atari, was it on an Atari system? Was it on DOS/PC? Any other specifics would help, it sounds like it might be interesting.

Yes it is a atari game. Looks like Metal slug, playing style is also similar to it too. All I remember is 1st level takes place in forest. It is also a franchise game. 2nd or 3rd I assume. Last Boss was "The Sun and Moon" from Greek Mhytology

Well I found the games I was looking for except the with elves one, You can check my first comment on "page 1". So, do you guys resemble the description to a game you ever heard or played before.

-2 little elves

-art style is similar to Metal Slug

-Bosses are Horoscopes

-Last boss is Sun and Moon

-Game states at Space mostly

-A platformer game from most certainly 90s

Anyways, 1st is:

250px-The_Ooze_cover.jpg

2nd one is, Hard as hell:

36014--body-count.png

I don't think I've played any game from 1989, so I'm gonna pick a game where the story happens in 1989: Hotline Miami.

Edit: Just realized the first Prince of Persia is from 89. So I guess that one.

2 hours ago, scalliano said:

62002001.jpg

Showing my age here, I think...

1985? I felt the same way, but went with Super Mario Bros. You're not alone.

And Space Invaders is still fun, even if I didn't play it until I was 10 years old. I think I was 6 when I first played the first Mario Brothers.

8 hours ago, Jello said:

1985? I felt the same way, but went with Super Mario Bros. You're not alone.

And Space Invaders is still fun, even if I didn't play it until I was 10 years old. I think I was 6 when I first played the first Mario Brothers.

1978, actually. I was 7 when SMB dropped.

Resident Evil 4 was a bigger part of my childhood (maybe a parent should have uh...done something about that) but Resident Evil 2 was my first horror game I played. Never did get too far because I was a kid and also we didn't have a memory card. Honerable mention to Soul Caliber, my time with that one was short but loved that game, was my 2nd fighting game, first being Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png

This thread makes me feel old... there were only a hand full of videogames released in my year of birth, most of them Arcade games. I would maybe check them out in a videogame museum, but apart from historical reasons they aren‘t very interesting.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, Murdoch said:

Well I was born in 1980 and could not name a game from that year if I wanted to.

Stop making me feel old.

If my memory serves me correctly, Pac-Man came out in 1980.

I was born in 1998. So there's Half-Life, but I didn't play that game until long after it came out. Though I do have fond memories of watching one of my cousins play it when I was too young to understand how to control a game using a keyboard.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:11 AM, scalliano said:

1978, actually. I was 7 when SMB dropped.

Okay, I was looking at a list of NES games from 1985, and that's when Space Invaders came out on NES. I thought the game was older than that.