Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

Overcome - A MIDI Album

15 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Unlike my previous MIDI release, you're free to use these MIDI's as you please, none of the tracks included here are tied to any specific projects.

Wow, you are fast. I thought I was rushing my next album, but you've released two (both longer than mine) in the time I've been working on it.

i've been wanting to get into midi music making what programs do you guys use to make it? and do you guys followed any tutorials?

31 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

i've been wanting to get into midi music making what programs do you guys use to make it? and do you guys followed any tutorials?

I use MuseScore, FL Studio and Sekaiju are also popular.

1 minute ago, northivanastan said:

I use MuseScore, FL Studio and Sekaiju are also popular.

thanks im going to take a look at it

This is really cool stuff! I liked letting every track transport me into a different map-context where they'd belong to. My favourite two at the moment are "Soaring" and "Exodus", the latter immediately brought me to the hub maps in BTSX, I pictured a deserted location completely devoid of hellish life but doomguy wandering through it like a lost person in an island. "Podium" may be another favourite, though there's something of ambiguity in it, since my mind went to different places but not one in concrete better than the other. Some midis like "Calculated" or "Crush" gave me a more "vigorous" vibe, perhaps a plutonian hybrid techbase/natural rocky terrain, with robust monster density and rocket-fueled action, just thoughts. "Overcome" can fit nicely in an episode opener. "Interlude" sent me big boom map energy of a 2-colours scheme, where in moments between fights the music is the main character and the visuals feel extra soothing. "Abhorrent" was a trip, thought I've honestly never been in that particular state :P

Anyways, rambling aside, I'd gladly find a place for a few of these tunes someday. I think all of them are very good. Keep them up!