Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Tenth Gear" A Doomworld Speedmapping Community Project (Now on Idgames!)

Awesome, this was an interesting challenge and I can't wait to blast through the entire thing!

I second the opinion that a 30-minute one would also be worth doing.

i sang through virtual insanity almost twice before I could nail that stupid exit lol

14 hours ago, Dubbag said:

How did this happen? Man I really screwed everyone in this sorry guys...

No worries. It's a big undertaking.

Would love to see some playthroughs ! Will be doing my own on the WAD Show tonight.

Hey guys will be doing more minor updates but nothing huge soon. And I added a Map list to the OP.

12 hours ago, VisionThing said:

I second the opinion that a 30-minute one would also be worth doing.

fuck yeah!

16 hours ago, Dubbag said:

Well worry no more guys, with the help of my partner in crime @Dunn & Dunn we have managed to fix the wad!

For some reason my first map still has the wrong MIDI... But my other one sounds just fine!

1 minute ago, noisebloom said:

For some reason my first map still has the wrong MIDI... But my other one sounds just fine!

Ah, is it MAP16 (Oh Hi Mark) you're talking about? We must've overlooked that. Should be fixed soon, we're still in the process of minor updates and all.

6 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Ah, is it MAP16 (Oh Hi Mark) you're talking about? We must've overlooked that. Should be fixed soon, we're still in the process of minor updates and all.

Yup! Thank you.

@A.H. Sankhatayan Added teleporters on the outside of the building in your map "Action on s3t" that way if you get thrown out by an Archvile blast you can get back in.

3 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

In what order are the maps placed in the wad?

in the order of the map list in the OP :)

What a great time it was working with everyone to make this project a reality. Sorry for the low game audio.

Just finished playing through all the maps and it was surprisingly a lot of fun. Really interesting to see how everyone handled the time limit. Good work everyone!

45 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

What a great time it was working with everyone to make this project a reality. Sorry for the low game audio.

Pfft, wow, didn't expected that you'll using cheats on my speedmap, don't really see any reasons for that personally: 1 megasphere and 1 green sphere for this 2 sections; all weapons as well. But okay, i guess :v

39 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Pfft, wow, didn't expected that you'll using cheats on my speedmap, don't really see any reasons for that personally: 1 megasphere and 1 green sphere for this 2 sections; all weapons as well. But okay, i guess :v

it was a basic playthrough to show off the maps for people. I don't have time to sit around dying 50 times in a row for 20 minutes when I also wanted to show everyone else's maps in the same video. Also, dying like that over and over grinds on me to a point of pure insanity. And doesn't make for a fun video. It gets repetitive. Write a paper then rip it up and do it over and over and over. That's how it feels for me. I think most people who watch my play throughs know that about me by now lol. 

Edited by Dubbag

6 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

it was a basic playthrough to show off the maps for people. I don't have time to sit around dying 50 times in a row for 20 minutes when I also wanted to show everyone else's maps in the same video. Also, dying like that over and over grinds on me to a point of pure insanity. And doesn't make for a fun video. It gets repetitive. Write a paper then rip it up and do over and over and over. That's how it feels for me. I think most people who watch my play throughs know that about me by now lol. 

Yeah...I was wondering if that would be a problem for you, considering some of us went all-out. We could probably rearrange the maps by difficulty a little more - although I nerfed MAP28 a little bit as I was putting the WAD together after giving it a number of unsuccessful tries.

4 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Yeah...I was wondering if that would be a problem for you, considering some of us went all-out. We could probably rearrange the maps by difficulty a little more - although I nerfed MAP28 a little bit as I was putting the WAD together after giving it a number of unsuccessful tries.

It's really not a big deal what matters is the WADs are good and people has fun playing them. This was never about me.

4 hours ago, Dubbag said:

it was a basic playthrough to show off the maps for people. I don't have time to sit around dying 50 times in a row for 20 minutes when I also wanted to show everyone else's maps in the same video. Also, dying like that over and over grinds on me to a point of pure insanity. And doesn't make for a fun video. It gets repetitive. Write a paper then rip it up and do it over and over and over. That's how it feels for me. I think most people who watch my play throughs know that about me by now lol. 

Yeah i mean, i understand if you couldn't handle this map without cheats or just simply don't want waste alotta time on that, that's pretty much why i'm not playing Sunlust btw - i just don't want to hurt myself. The main reason why i said that because you used IDDQD when AV's appears but somehow missed the green sphere that also accessible when you pressing the switch. And also tnx for playing my trash again :0

5 hours ago, noisebloom said:

I gotta say I love the Town of Pain MIDI by @Wavy, made the mapset for me

Ye welcome ;)

5 hours ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

nerfed MAP28 a little

Yeah it took me like 40 attempts to get it :) removing 1 cyber was a good idea, there's still some fun rocket dodging if you do it the intended way.

The teleporter allows for some dirty cheese strats though, but I don't really mind. 

I actually wanted to put some deaf viles near RK but kind of forgot to do it because of time limits

Just finished my playthrough of this. What a blast! Some really interesting concepts executed given the time constraints, which really gives credence to the "less is more" approach and how working within limitations can really spur you to get creative in different ways.

Some personal highlights for me were Maps 01, 03, 04 (best music!), 06, 10, 14, 20, 22, 23, 27, 28, and 32, but every single one brought something worthwhile to the table. Proud to have been a part of this one! 

8 hours ago, VisionThing said:

Just finished my playthrough of this. What a blast! Some really interesting concepts executed given the time constraints, which really gives credence to the "less is more" approach and how working within limitations can really spur you to get creative in different ways.

Some personal highlights for me were Maps 01, 03, 04 (best music!), 06, 10, 14, 20, 22, 23, 27, 28, and 32, but every single one brought something worthwhile to the table. Proud to have been a part of this one! 

im so happy you like it so much, thank you for being a part of it!

I think that the WAD is completely bug free at this point so tomorrow it will be sent to idgames, I'm giving it one more day to see if anyone finds anything wrong.

i honestly skipped most of the levels. some are kinda neat. but mostly annoying, too hard

2 hours ago, sht said:

i honestly skipped most of the levels. some are kinda neat. but mostly annoying, too hard

all good

Lots of fun - I played them all on pistol starts ...some levels I had to save ... some levels I had to REALLY save haha - good amazing project

I love that these maps are so short and sweet - I ripped right through them

PS the mic was weird at the first few seconds

@E.M.

@Wavy

@Nimiauredhel

@MFG38

@elio.exe

@A.H. Sankhatayan

@yakfak

@VisionThing

@thelazyqdude

@MAN_WITH_GUN