Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILOVEDOOM!

Possibility for animation skipping in vannila doom?

So i've seen  that there are mods for classic doom that increase the weapon switching speed. Now, here's the thing, would it be possible to add some kind of animation skipping system to the weapons? Something similar to that of Eternal. By skipping i mean being able to switch after firing the ssg to another weapon to completely skip the reloading animation and do combos?

Unfortunately, in vanilla Doom, a weapon can't be switched away from until it gets all the way back to it's "weapon ready" state. This is an awesome idea that would definitely be doable in DECORATE, just not vanilla/DeHackEd.

It is, just not in vanilla (I assumed you wanted a vanilla compatible method based on the thread title). There’s a very helpful DECORATE guide on ZDoom.org to help get you started

Right, thanks. I agree i titled the thread a bit wrong and it sounded misleading. By vannila i meant with the vannila weapons.

what you could do though is use DEHACKED to make the weapon down tic to 0 and the up speed to 1. it would feel a bit more like Eternal

4 hours ago, ILOVEDOOM! said:

By vannila i meant with the vannila weapons.

The title its itself missleading, but it comes from here.
The term vanilla its mean to use for when designing something to be playable on the original executable under DOS environment. Thus being, vanilla compatible.
What you are trying to mean is to make the stock weapons or normal game weapons to change faster than they normally do.

On vanilla settings, it is almost impossible, almost because there is way to have almost no transition when changing the weapons. But there is no way to interrupt the shooting/reoading animation of them.
On zdoom base ports, there are plenty of gameplay mods that change that, so its a matter of looking how they did it already to create a new DECORATE/ZScript definition that work for the stock weapons.