Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DASI-I

Doom Zero Creator Makes A Game

its an open world shmup?

Crazy!

I always dreamed of somerhing liie that.

If didn't already, check Super Hydorah. It has a revisiting areas concept that i think could be exploited on a more metroidvania way.

Never got Radiant Silver Gun.   Remember it being about $150 to get even back 15 years ago.  Got Ikaruga (also by Treasure), Gunbird 2, and Bangai-O (sideview shooter) for Dreamcast.   Cannonspike also has some elements though is a somewhat different type of game.

Great work analyzing a neglected classic and making a new evolution!

5 hours ago, P41R47 said:

its an open world shmup?

Crazy!

I always dreamed of somerhing liie that.

If didn't already, check Super Hydorah. It has a revisiting areas concept that i think could be exploited on a more metroidvania way.

If you really like shmups i recommend you "zeroranger" its the best shmup i ever played :)

5 hours ago, El juancho said:

If you really like shmups i recommend you "zeroranger" its the best shmup i ever played :)

I never played it. I'm gonna check it out.

Here's a link for a download of the alpha build so you guys can try it out. Again, if you've watched the first video, you'll know that the alpha build only explores how the falconet will function, not all weapons are available, only 4. there's only 1 enemy ship at the moment with only 1 stage. The purpose of the game is to explore the map to find the robot generators and destroy them. The map may seem to be an "open world" type thing but the map is actually pretty linear and shouldn't be too difficult to beat.
https://irukasoftware.itch.io/falconet
Falconet_facebook.jpg.a1700ba001524a6cf1065ca6e31c5537.jpg

Hey everyone. One of our main characters needs a race, skin colour, hair colour and what country she should be from. And give your reasons as to why.
And just incase you are wondering why the art style is very 80s and Anime-ish, it's just because Falconet is a parady of 2D shooters on the Mega Drive and the style just reflects that.
The game will have some awesome cheesy cutscenes of that era :P 0006.png.528f6482e115531e0f16787887f30f1b.png something like this.

Anywho, here are some colour variation attempts:
1288723159_charatcerscoloursandraces2.jpg.d42addfd0370164c70374efda63c4655.jpg

Edited by DASI-I

just a bit curious now how much time did you spent making this? did you do it alone?

Game looks like those copy paste Atari's space battle games from 90s and also it looks cute, I wish you to best of luck on your project.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, omalefico32x said:

just a bit curious now how much time did you spent making this? did you do it alone?

Sorry I only saw this message now.😅
There's two of us at the moment, one programmer and one designer. I'm the designer, which includes (but not limited to) illustrator and concept , animator, level designer, sound, and music composer.

This game has been in the works (part-time hours) for many months but its concept started 3 years ago. The dev time is slow because it's done in our free time but things will speed up a bit now that we have a basic foundation.