Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Doomcute thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, thecringefactor said:

 

Yep :)

IMG_1810.png

IMG_1639.png


Here’s some quick notes. I forgot what “Flanger” means and I assume “Metal Zone” is a metal sounding pedal? This is my sister’s equipment so she knows more. I mean, we both play electric guitar, but she’s more serious about music than I am.

The flanger makes a kind of rocket launch effect sound to the guitar, good example; Eruption by Van Halen.

The metal zone is like a very heavy distortion, you should probably add some red where the text would be to let people know it's a metal zone

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, thecringefactor said:

IMG_1639.pngPedalboard for my sister’s room

 

The red/blue light on the tuner pedal flashes back and forth

 

 

this is some FINE doomcute

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ash4ash said:

The flanger makes a kind of rocket launch effect sound to the guitar, good example; Eruption by Van Halen.

The metal zone is like a very heavy distortion, you should probably add some red where the text would be to let people know it's a metal zone


I considered adding either some decals or color representing them, but it looked too similar to other parts such as the tuner’s light or it looked like a long button. I could just take a higher res texture and shrink it down to a label, but I didn’t want to overdo detail in one area when I’m not doing it for every other item in the house haha. I want to put in quality, but not overdo it beyond where the point gets across (project already going on for months)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, thecringefactor said:


I considered adding either some decals or color representing them, but it looked too similar to other parts such as the tuner’s light or it looked like a long button. I could just take a higher res texture and shrink it down to a label, but I didn’t want to overdo detail in one area when I’m not doing it for every other item in the house haha. I want to put in quality, but not overdo it beyond where the point gets across (project already going on for months)

I meant like adding random red pixels around that area

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Ash4ash said:

I meant like adding random red pixels around that area

Yeah I got what you meant. Any sort of pattern I could imagine being mistaken for something else (of course maybe for others they’ll get it, but guess that’s how my brain reads). If I wanted to, I could shrink down a decal and get an exact label, but there’s this very high res whiteboard above the guitar (not in the photo) that generates a split second of lag. I don’t wanna risk layering more stuff in one corner.
 

The whiteboard was mandatory, by the way. My sister insisted that I stick in her massive marker sketch of a hundred I guess band names 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, thecringefactor said:

Yeah I got what you meant. Any sort of pattern I could imagine being mistaken for something else (of course maybe for others they’ll get it, but guess that’s how my brain reads). If I wanted to, I could shrink down a decal and get an exact label, but there’s this very high res whiteboard above the guitar (not in the photo) that generates a split second of lag. I don’t wanna risk layering more stuff in one corner.
 

The whiteboard was mandatory, by the way. My sister insisted that I stick in her massive marker sketch of a hundred I guess band names 😂 

ok

Share this post


Link to post

Surprised not to see Hellcore in this thread yet. While the gameplay got away from me in the later levels, the atmosphere, music choices, and Doomcute aesthetic doesn't get much more cohesive than in this map pack, and I go back to play every few years just to immerse myself in it.

 

(Screenshots are public images because I'm on my work computer)

a6DDl.png

HC20_2.png

map02b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

If you can't dine in a restaurant with a scenic outside view, a detailed photo wallpaper will do!

Screenshot_Doom_20231107_000353.png?ex=6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BeachThunder said:

Some revenants watching their favourite band (from You Have 1 HP):

My first thought was "I think your profile picture is objectively the cutest thing in this thread"

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×