Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

this is my first doom mod. So don't be too judgmental as I'm new to doom moding.

Description: this is a new simple mod for doom. With new maps. Kill all the alien assholes and save the earth.

Engine: GZDoom 4.4.2

Instruction:

Download the WAD file (You need an original doom 2 wad file)

Download source port GZDoom

Select the Doom - wad, and run with doom 2

enjoy

IWAD: DOOM2.WAD

the programs that were used for the mod

• GZDoom Builder
  • Doom Writer
  • Slade
  • WhackEd4
  • anvil studio
  • Tux Guitar
  • Adobe photoshop
  • GZDoom

ATTENTION! It is recommended to play only on gzdооm

1521358686_Entryway-DOOM2_HellonEarth08_03.202118_48_44.png.1f4a9595bbc1bda905a10301a23fbfa3.png1067997031_Entryway-DOOM2_HellonEarth08_03.202118_47_50.png.aefaa51083dda1183487c9912982da23.png892084662_TheFocus-DOOM2_HellonEarth08_03.202118_50_48.png.19918bc59688fb196b587460c3ced56e.png

DOOM - STANDALONE WAD.zip

How am I supposed to traverse that slime pool with the pillars in the first map?

I've seen worse first maps, there are some interesting structures here at least.

10 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

How am I supposed to traverse that slime pool with the pillars in the first map?

I've seen worse first maps, there are some interesting structures here at least.

developer comment(I just don't know how to respond to a comment):try to adjust the jump in the settings, or try to accelerate

Edited by russin22

43 minutes ago, russin22 said:

developer comment(I just don't know how to respond to a comment):try to adjust the jump in the settings, or try to accelerate

I suggest editing the OP to mention whether or not people need to jump in regards to progression. If it's not mentioned specifically, most players will assume you're not supposed to jump at any point during the playthrough. Incidentally, you didn't mention how many maps this WAD has, which is also info you should consider providing as well.

^ I recommend reading this thread here ^

Edited by Biodegradable

51 minutes ago, russin22 said:

I just don't know how to respond to a comment):try to adjust the jump in the settings, or try to accelerate

Also - you can highlight a phrase in a post and you get a little popup saying 'quote selection', or you can quote an entire post by clicking on the 'Quote' button at the bottom of that post.

19 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

Also - you can highlight a phrase in a post and you get a little popup saying 'quote selection', or you can quote an entire post by clicking on the 'Quote' button at the bottom of that post.

Thank you

Sorry if this comes off a little harsh but this is very poor quality.

Right at the start you're punching away at cacodemons, completely invisible imps and pinky demons without any real fire power (not even a berserk pack?).

From there you deal with imps on top of pillars which are hard to navigate (plus if you fall the slime pool below zaps health like crazy).

Afterwards thankfully you're given the super shotty but then traverse some very basic looking hallways and rooms (like 2 in total).

MAP02 starts off with a wall texture for a flat. Once you head outside, you're greeted with like 200 or so hellknights and barons. Why? There's no BFG9000 so this many enemies is unnecessary! Also, the map AFAIK is completely impossible on HMP due to a missing red key.

MAP03 is just a cyberdemon battle but he's partially invisible. Nothing too complain much here other than the small ammo pool.

MAP04 is fairly bland with overly tall sectors and after the innitial barrels, even more boring with only the occasional battle here and there (I was able to cheese the wind section by hugging the left-side wall).

MAP05 is just a spider mastermind fight without good cover... that's about it really >_>

Overall the WAD could do with a lot of cleaning up both texture-wise, difficulty-wise and even map layout. There may be some potential here but I struggled to find anything to praise... sorry... :l

A good idea on how to improve is watching Chubzdoomer's DooM builder 2 tutorial series, as he goes into details on how to make maps for DooM/DooM II wads. :3 (they are outdated however...)

Spoiler

Specifically, Barons & Hell Knights will scratch each other if it can be provoked, but their fireballs have no effect; with a modified version of these beasts (using DECORATE or ZScript) that can properly infight, MAP02 would make more sense.

DOOM Minus

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || BeautifulDoom

Deaths → Map 01, 03, 04 & 05: 0; Map 02: 5 (killed by Barons and hell Knights)

Saves → 1 (Map 02) 

Map 01:

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-085434.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-085611.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-085822.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-094931.png

A really interesting map, a bit complicated at the beginning but then it becomes entertaining with the platform part, and the last battle is really interesting for letting the Marine not get shotgun ammunition, great map.

Map 02:

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-090023.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-090101.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-090230.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-090748.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-091648.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-091755.png

I'm not going to lie, this map felt shit at the beginning, and even more so when I found out where the red key was, so that makes it even more screwed up on this map, for next time you could better fix the place where There is the red key, or leave some sign to see it, because with the pressure of the cows throwing green fire at me, it is difficult to observe the environment where they are, and the other area was much better than the initial area, a certain disappointment for me to see this.

Map 03:

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092024.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092048.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092326.png

An extremely short area, with enough ammunition in various parts, but without a doubt, the fight with the invisible Cyberdemon was a bit interesting, at least there were no pillars in between that served more as a small hindrance than as a general aid.

Map 04:

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092443.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092508.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-092544.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-093004.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-093036.png

This room has a very similar beginning to one of the levels in Doom 2, intense and very explosive, at least in this case jumping was allowed to escape the explosions caused by the barrels, later there is a lot of decoration related to meat and living tissues, there are also areas with platforms, somewhat strange but interesting combat areas, and a final area very infested with Pain Elementals and Lost Souls, a horrible way to finish a map, but hey, in my case it was not so Bad when I realized I had a lot of ammo in some guns.

Map 05:

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-093225.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-093232.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210411-093336.png

Another map as short as the Cyberdemon map, only here it is not as dangerous as the one I mentioned before, since it is quite easy to kill the Spider MasterMind from a distance, and picking up the blue vest is already something very optional. Because you can beat that beast with or without the Mega-Armor, however, I had no problems defeating it using mostly the plasma gun, then the Chaingun, and lastly I left the shotgun in case I ran out of the other two.

In conclusion, a series of quite interesting maps, quite experimental I would say, with some flaws but that for the most part were very entertaining, great work here for the most part, partner, and I hope to see your next maps that you get to publish.