Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guilhem Saint-Gaudin

Need help! (heartland mod)

Hiiiiii!

So I'm trying to run Heartland with the eternity engine and I have some issues...

I can load the pke file alright, but when I create a new game, the image freeze with the music of what I believe is map01.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this? I just saw dean of doom's video about it, and now I really wanna play it!

Thanks for the help!

edit:sorry if my english is bad, I'm french :3

Works fine for me. Are you sure you have the latest release of EE? 

Try running EE without additional content. My guess is it cannot find your doom2 iwad, which you usually place in the root folder of Eternity.

2 hours ago, Guilhem Saint-Gaudin said:

Uhhh no, I have 4.02.00, and it can find doom2.wad, would it be that my pc just can't handle it?

If it's a problem with your PC then it must be really ancient. Try running another mod that uses polyobjects and portals and see if they work, if they don't then it is likely a problem with your system. Maybe try a development build of Eternity.

Have you tried running Eternity sans PWAD? If so, do you experience the same problem?

1 hour ago, Guilhem Saint-Gaudin said:

Ok I tried with somber density and it doesn't work either.

I'm beginning to think I'm just doing something wrong. How do you guys do to load the pke file?

eternity -iwad doom2.wad -file heartland.pke

Eternity can run the doom 2 iwad in your pc without any PWAD? maybe the problem is that u have not loaded the iwad correctly