Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Console Doom released

I've should of announced this eariler, but I finished Consoledoom.
click the link here:
ftp://dsv@server1.thefourwinds.net/console/consoledoom.zip

if the link won't work, then go to Elbryan's site at http://depot.wrong.button.com/

also you can find his mp3 wad made for Consoledoom. which I forgot, Consoledoom is made for Zdoom. But it also works on a regular Boom port.

Consoledoom is a collection of maps from Playstation, Jaguar, GBA, Nintendo64 versions of Doom, so there are some modfied oringinals, and some exclusive maps like Twilight Descends etc...

bah....anyways, go give it a try...

Got it, Played it, finished it, loved it to bits!

But... uhhh, I don’t suppose you could make a Zdoom version with all the coloured lighting implemented? The levels look a bit plain without it... just a thought...

Ct_red_pants said:

But... uhhh, I don’t suppose you could make a Zdoom version with all the coloured lighting implemented?

Your question is answered here.

sorry for the delay, I didnt' plan on adding color rooms because if I did that, I would have to set up scripts and I have to convert all maps to hexen format. and it would be unfair/unplayable to the prboom/eternity/legacy users.

besides, in my opinion, I think the colors wouldn't turn out right in Zdoom.

sorry about that. I need to change that message on the web page...

again I apologize.

Awww :(

I guess that’s fair enough... but Uhhh, if somebody whanted to have a go at making a zdoom version, would you let them use your wad as a base? (Coloured lighting looks alright in Zdoomgl)

well, I can still make a separate wad with the scripted enhanced maps with the color lightning.

only problem is Deepsea doesn't work well in zdoom/hexen mode under windows 2000, which what I have...

ravage said:

THere's nothing in the zip file, and 5 min to dl it. WTF?

HAhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahahah...ahem Did you try and download it again? perhaps something went wrong or corrupt or something, happens to myself lots.

DOOM Anomaly said:

HAhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahahah...ahem Did you try and download it again? perhaps something went wrong or corrupt or something, happens to myself lots.

Uh, 5th time, no go. Still. FTW?

http://depot.wrong.button.com/doommisc.html#maps

both the zdoom music wad and the cdoom wad are there.

next time for the fourthwinds server, just right click and save as. Download mangagers doesn't work well with it.

edit: the one at Doom Depot is a old version, the only difference is that Ct_red_pants's chaingun deh patch isn't included. Its included in the one in the fourthwinds server.

damn, I'll see if Elbryan can update it again soon. but its still more of the same.

Overall this is simply sensational, love it. Oh so playable and the memories it brings back...sigh.:)
One thing which jumps out at me though, the ssg sounds muted and less powerful in comparison to the sg.

Ravage: Does it say something about multiple files being dropped, blah blah blah, something? Assuming you are using MSIE, are you opening from location or saving file to disk?

OK, I downloaded the file from the fourthwind server and there´s no deh file inside the zip. Maybe it´s due to the lack of the deh that I can´t access the chaingun while playing(???).

Ultraviolet said:

Ravage: Does it say something about multiple files being dropped, blah blah blah, something? Assuming you are using MSIE, are you opening from location or saving file to disk?

IE 6 and for some reason it doesn't prompt me for save-as.
Proof that Microhard is a fucking ripoff. But thaeremay be ways around this. :)

Fixed. It's called "Save targe as"

/me is dumbfucked. :P

There may be instances where you can't right click a link to "save target as," so once it is downloaded, you will have to search the zip out of the cache and then right-click & drag in order to extract the files somewhere.

Problem solved. Forget about that problem of me not being able to get access to the chaingun. My keyboard is not working right... heh!

Anyway, good megawad. It´s nice to know Doom console maps!