Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NBH

Doom Annihilation is getting a sequel

10 hours ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Video games movies are utter trash by default. All of them. Every. Single. One. Ever.

That used to be the case, but we've kind of entered the era of them mostly being a bit 'meh', not great but not terrible.

In recent years there have been a relatively decent number of solid-enough releases: Tomb Raider, World of Warcraft, Prince of Persia, Sonic, Detective Pikachu, Assasins Creed, Rampage and even the Angry Birds movies were all enjoyable enough. I don't regret the time I spent watching them, and some I'd even watch again.

Unfortunately though Doom Annihilation was not among them. I always felt the tone of Doom was basically Aliens meets Evil Dead, but none of the movies have ever lent into the whackier, Evil Dead side of things. Best of luck to them though.

lol, I do regret watching angry birds... That was awful!

Still think Mortal combat was the best one so far, although not checked those newer releases.

The curious side of me says that I'll watch that sequel...if it happens.

The rational side of me says that I'll probably regret to watch that movie.

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

Sonic

Completely forgot about Sonic. I had dismissed it originally, but had seen comments here and elsewhere that it actually turned out pretty decent, so I figured I'd give it a shot last week.

And much to my surprise, I actually watched the whole thing and enjoyed it for the most part. I figured I'd shut it off after 20 minutes. And despite the fact that Jim Carrey's body doesn't match Dr Robotnik at all, he was pretty enjoyable as well. He captured the feel, if not the appearance.

Yeah, I was really surprised by that movie. Won't win an Oscar, but for what it is, and how bad it could've been, I think it turned out pretty well.

Y'know, I thought I'd heard a while ago that it wasn't gonna be a sequel at all, but rather an entirely new attempt at making a Doom movie, and they were gonna have John Cena as Doomguy. That was probably just a rumor :(

5 hours ago, Liberation said:

Still think Mortal Kombat was the best one so far, although not checked those newer releases.

The first one. Sequel oficially sucks.

Just now, leodoom85 said:

The first one. Sequel oficially sucks.

lets hope the new one doesnt

18 hours ago, Final Verdict said:

I need to get out more. I wasn't even aware there was a movie called Doom Annihilation. Is it actually worth watching though? That is the question.

Or is this one of those cases where I'm better off ignorant to its existence?  

Well, i was pretty entertained by it.

It is really nothing special, lacks nearly every Demon, but has some nice References and is closer to the original Doom than the other Movie that i call Resident Evil in Space^^

Go in without expacting to much and you'll be entertained enough to liking it.

That's pretty surprising.

I appreciate that the movie had actual dudes in suits for the... Imps? More of that please, preferably with more accurate designs. Honestly, just give me another movie with monster suits, maybe some better zombie make-up, and actual Doomguy with green armor, and I'll be content with all the average acting, terrible lines, contrived plot points, and re-used hallways you can throw at me.

hollywood is run by creatively bankrupt hacks who wanna milk as much money as possible out of franchises, who knew?

Well, for me Annihilation had more Doom in it than the first movie attempt, if that's worth anything. Then again, it can only get better. For example they could have more than just one or two monster types in it. If Annihiliation was such a "big" success, time to pump more money into it and make it look better at least - not even thinking about script or acting qualities at this point any more.

4 hours ago, <

Did any iconic demon even make an appearance in those Doom movies?

I remember seeing a few in that 2005 movie, hellknight and pinky (in their Doom 3 forms) haven't watched annihilation yet

Edited by sluggard : remove spoiler

Y'know what would be a fun idea? If the folks who made Hardcore Henry did a Doom film in their FPS style. Just imagine what they could achieve with a bigger budget to work with and studio backing. Now THAT would kick arse, fam.

17 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Y'know what would be a fun idea? If the folks who made Hardcore Henry did a Doom film in their FPS style. Just imagine what they could achieve with a bigger budget to work with and studio backing. Now THAT would kick arse, fam.

Agreed. I wouldn't make it the exact same but a silent pov mute Doom guy (although I'm feeling more the Slayer) kicking arse.

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

LOL that bus scene was my favourite from the film

I found Doom: Annihilation to be a tolerably entertaining bit of SF schlock and am more than willing to give the sequel a look.

Annihilation was trash.. BUT.. there is that really good scene set in Hell right at the end of the movie. If they budget for a whole lot more of that and a whole let less generic zombie action I’m on board

I'll be honest Annihilation bored me out of my skull and while I acknowledge the budgetary constraints I seriously would've preferred campy papier-mâché cacodemons on strings to no cacodemons at all.  +1 for at least including demons that are demons and bonus points for the occasional nerd references but overall the endless loop of fighting zombies and the occasional imp left me empty.

Worse yet is that it never had any moments as awesomely bad as this

Could the sequel bum me out any more than the first two Doom movies did?  Probably, but I'll happily go see it anyway.  As others have said, even if they're hot smelly garbage I'd still prefer this to no Doom films at all.

I really trink a Duke Nukem Movie it's more entretaining to see, but what ever.

If it's got action and chessy lines, im in.

10 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

a Duke Nukem Movie

just get a huge pile of 80-action-movies, cut random scenes from them, mix, and shake. that will be Duke. because... ahem... that's how Duke was created. ;-)

p.s.: actually, it is much harder to make a good Duke movie, i think. because it is quite hard to make Duke right -- he is slightly (hehe) narcissic, badass, with questionable sense of humor, but he is not an asshole. yet it is very easy to go "over the top", and turn him into idiot and/or asshole.

If there is no budget for demons, then please no more Doom movies.

Did the last one have demons or only "zombies"?

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Still not sure why they chose to call it "Annihilation" to begin with.

So Doomworld didn’t get stuck with a thirty-page thread of people arguing that they should’ve given it a subtitle instead of just calling it DOOM.

I do remember watching doom annihilation. Most of the fighting involved them shuffling their feet around shooting 1 or 2 guys at a time. They should have more stunts and moving parts during fight scenes. I really hope the main character does more dodging and cool stunts now she has no one left to cover her in battles

I used to wish for a decent Doom adaptation, and then I watched Mandy and realized that's all I wanted.