Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HercTNT

Md2 models

for the life of me i can't get md2 models working with the latest zdoomgl. i have zdoom beta 2.0 and zdoomgl 7.1 with the md2 pack installed but the program does not look for them. any ideas? thanks in advance for any help.

seems not.
i for one always look at the readme, but there will always be the lazy good-for-nothing dick who will automatically asume everything is supposed to work and make himself look like an ass lol :)

Also, what version of ZDoom you have is completely irrelevant. You don't need it to run ZDoomGL.

NiGHTMARE said:

Also, what version of ZDoom you have is completely irrelevant. You don't need it to run ZDoomGL.

Not anymore. You used to have to have an old version of ZDoom for ZDooMGL to run.

Ct_red_pants wote:
don’t people ever look at the readme.txt anymore?

afraid not when there not included in the zip file,

In zdoomgl0.71.zip there is no mention of support or non support of md2 models. As the download is offered with a link to the models below it, i too made the asumption that they continued the support offered in 0.66. Only when returning to the doomgl site (i.e. not the sourcefourge link ofered on doomworld) did i read SlayeR's news item where he mentions that dynamic lighting and md2s models arn't ready yet.

Bet you assholes thought you were real damn smart when you posted your comments. as sable said, no readme was included with the zip file. if you had half an idea of what the hell you were doing you would have known that. thanks for nothing. nice to know thier are real winners out thier willing to help others that may not know as much as you. feel like flaming me, tmacsay@worldpath.net take your best shot!!!!

Well, my version DID include a readme file, and it didn't mention anywhere about MD2 support, but I guess it never said anything about not including MD2 support (it also didn't mentions anything about zdoomgl not baking cookies for my breakfast either).

And if I seem a little annoyed in my response, it is because this question as been asked far to many times... well, I guess not every one download the ZdoomGL md2s form SlayeR's site. You should pay it a visit.

And I'd settle down right now if I where you.

Yeah, calm down. Ok, it's not written in the readme.txt (but there IS one), but searching the forum would have given you an answer to your question very fast!

Ct_red_pants said:

[/urls]

You fail it

HercTNT said:

Bet you assholes thought you were real damn smart when you posted your comments. as sable said, no readme was included with the zip file. if you had half an idea of what the hell you were doing you would have known that. thanks for nothing. nice to know thier are real winners out thier willing to help others that may not know as much as you. feel like flaming me, tmacsay@worldpath.net take your best shot!!!!

Well, you could have a little search round the forums. Just one post below your own one was this information:

timmie said:

I'm still on track to have 0.72 out for the weekend.

Also, the plan for the future is this:

version 0.7+: initial release and bugfixes
version 0.8+: 0.7 + md2 models
version 0.9+: 0.8 + dynamic lighting
version 1.0: 0.9 + final bugfixes
version 1.1+: fancy-shmancy new features

Right now we're in the 0.7+ phase, which is me getting the initial release out the door and squishing most of the bugs before moving to the md2 models.

Ct_red_pants said:

...do'hth

Don't be angry. Even Enjay fails it :) Look at the times I posted and he posted. Muahahahah ;)

forgive me for being new at this. not everyone has the know how. if you have not done this before, how would you know what to or what not to do. it's real easy to be smart when you have the answers. the only thing i have learned from this post is that some people in the doom community are real helpful and i am grateful to them, and others well..........leave alittle to be desired. even if it is a frequently asked question, if it's easy to answer, and not to much to put you out, be nice and help somebody. i have never turned anyone away. and if my response seemed hot, that's because i get tired of know-it-alls that are above helping out the little guy. i apologize to everyone for my behavior it was unprofessional.

There is a difference between asking intelligent questions and being too lazy to look for the answers yourself.

boris said:

Don't be angry. Even Enjay fails it :) Look at the times I posted and he posted. Muahahahah ;)

If only I'd been quicker copying and pasting the BB code for quotes. Oh well. I'm going to sit in a corner wearing a hat with "I fail it" written on it in big letters. :-)

Sable said:

afraid not when there not included in the zip file,

In zdoomgl0.71.zip there is no mention of support or non support of md2 models. As the download is offered with a link to the models below it, i too made the asumption that they continued the support offered in 0.66. Only when returning to the doomgl site (i.e. not the sourcefourge link ofered on doomworld) did i read SlayeR's news item where he mentions that dynamic lighting and md2s models arn't ready yet.

Doh, guess I'll have to make the readme.txt a bit more comprehensive (I hate writing those). Basically, the rendering engine got totally rewritten because of the changes between ZDoom 1.22 (which ZDoomGL 0.66.2 was based on) and ZDoom 1.23/2.0 (which ZDoomGL 0.7+ is based on). Early on in development, ZDoomGL 0.66.2 and ZDoomGL 0.7 shared some code, but the md2 and dynamic lighting support had to be dropped because there were major changes in the way ZDoom dealt with actors in game (it dropped the old Doom mobj system and went to it's own C++ AActor class hierarchy). Of course, as time went on, there was less and less of the old ZDoomGL code in there. If fact, I don't think there is any of the old code in it, anymore.

Anyway, I hope that explains why ZDoomGL 0.7x doesn't support all the features of ZDoomGL 0.66.2, even though it is newer.