Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael Jensen

Punisher 2 and Greek.wad (Two lost Casali levels?) EDIT: Found, along with MUCH more!

At some point I downloaded all the Casali levels uploaded to idgames, but I couldn't find Milo's Greek.wad (DM), and Dario's Punisher 2, sequel to one of the earliest slaghtermaps, Punisher. I went through both idgames and Wad-Archive.

Does anyone have these WAD files? Or are they considered lost?

Yeah, i know about greek.wad just because it's been listed in the wiki as a map made by Milo Casali, without any year of when it was done, same thing happens with Punisher 2 on Dario's page....

29 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, i know about greek.wad just because it's been listed in the wiki as a map made by Milo Casali, without any year of when it was done, same thing happens with Punisher 2 on Dario's page....

Also, these maps have no links, and they're not red colored (which means that the link should be listed or it's gone forever).
Maybe, they didn't release in the public, or they got cancelled.

@A.H. Sankhatayan Have you ever played these 2 wads? Or saw a footage of them?

Edited by AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage

Here's my collection of Casali stuff. Most of it's DM, but greek.wad isn't among them.

SP:

punish2.wad

seej2.wad

vault_fd.wad (MAP23 of requiem; not sure if this version is any different)

DM:

force.wad

maniac.wad

overkill.wad

reeper.wad

sniper.wad

teleslop.wad

casali.zip

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I think we know about existence of greek.wad only because seej is rework of greek.wad as we can read in description:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/seej 

3 hours ago, Andy Olivera said:

Here's my collection of Casali stuff. Most of it's DM, but greek.wad isn't among them.

SP:

punish2.wad

seej2.wad

vault_fd.wad (MAP23 of requiem; not sure if this version is any different)

DM:

force.wad

maniac.wad

overkill.wad

reeper.wad

sniper.wad

teleslop.wad

casali.zip

I went through all of this and must say, what a find! I can't find some of these anywhere. Seems that, while looking for just 2 lost Casali levels, we found more of them.

Sniper.wad and Reeper.wad are on idgames. (as thebest4.zip and thebest1.zip) 

force.wad and maniac.wad are on wad-archive. (maniac as zaniac.wad)

The others besides Requiem 23 are not, and I couldn't find any mention of them. 

Punish2 is basically the first punisher but with 200 more monsters, mainly chaingunners. Some of the fights are more similar to Go 2 It. 

Seej2, similarly, is just Seej, but with different monster placement and no ghost wolfenstein SS.

Edited by A.H. Sankhatayan

17 hours ago, Andy Olivera said:

casali.zip

@Catpho: check out this somewhat legendary thread.

Edited by Diabolución : Replace ‘mythical’ with ‘legendary’.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Wad-Archive

They already parsed out my file uploaded to doomshack.org.

New files:

vault_fd.wad - WadArchive

SEEJ2.WAD - WadArchive

PUNISH2.WAD - WadArchive

TELESLOP.WAD - WadArchive

OVERKILL.WAD - WadArchive

FORCE.WAD - WadArchive

Already known:

MANIAC.WAD (Doom II) - WadArchive

REEPER.WAD (Doom II) - WadArchive

SNIPER.WAD (Doom II) - WadArchive

Apparently, someone did obtain the whole shebang, but I guess recovering those three archives is really difficult, if not impossible. @Grazza, would you happen to have them?

ftp://ftp.doomworld.com/ricrob/temp/doomstuff.zip
ftp://ftp.doomworld.com/ricrob/temp/Wtf-pnsh.zip
ftp://ftp.doomworld.com/ricrob/temp/casali.zip

Ricrob's Place - Ranting Room

03.25.00 - I've got Dario, as well as Milo Casali maps coming out of my ass! Thanks once again to Matthew Dixon, we got all kinds of unreleased, never before seen stuffage for you to check out. Matt actually bugged the heck out of, Half-Life designer Dario Casali, to give him anything he had laying around on his HD from the old days of Doom. Well, this is what we came up with. Some of these maps are just different versions of existing maps, or completely original in design all together.

This first zip file is full of a bunch of deathmatch levels and a different version of the famous Punisher level for Doom 2, as well as that most saught after Punisher 2 level! I know a few of you out there have been looking for that one. Speaking of Punisher 2, I've also got another version of Punisher 2 sent into me by Frank Buckley of WTF Productions. My thanks goes out to him for giving it to us.

If you want more Dario, I've got it. This last zip file is full of more maps by Dario Casali and features one map that I remember from the Heroes 2 wad from a long time ago. It's called runriot, and man was it fun playing that sucker once again. That's it for the Dario Casali mappage, for now anyway. I have a feeling that Matt is gonna get some more.

Not much else happening right now. FlashBack is still on hold for those of you that care. Hopefully when I get some time off from work I'll be able to complete it. I fixed some bad links on the page and added a new featured pick, so check it out. Peace!

On 4/17/2021 at 12:57 AM, Diabolución said:

I dredged this up:

dcasali.zip

Edit: and this:

dmcasali.zip

Presented "as is", just grabbed from a backup disk, duplicates, yadda yadda.

Edited by Grazza

On 4/17/2021 at 7:00 AM, Grain of Salt said:

This version of req23 has unique sprites and sounds(!) for the ghost SS, which I don't think are in requiem

I wonder if they were intended to be included but for some reason weren't. 

49 minutes ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

I wonder if they were intended to be included but for some reason weren't. 

considering the intent behind it (last great megawad before doom dies blah blah blibbity-blah), i'd assume that they'd wanna keep the bestiary unchanged

iirc there was some discussion on the appropriateness of the unusual elements of map23 on the requiem usenet/email chain/whatever it was. But it never actually went anywhere, and presumably the final state of that level is just the path of least resistance.

@thestarrover Once again, absolutely incredible! Some of these I've never seen mentioned, ever! Holy mother of saltwater fish is this a great discovery. Thank you very much for sharing this. 

58 minutes ago, thestarrover said:

Vault_fd.wad This is the last level I ever made. I made it after finishing The Plutonia Experiment and I never got round to releasing it on the internet. It’s a tough single player level with difficulty levels incorporated for those who can’t do it on skill4. It has some tasty new textures as well as a couple of new sounds. I also altered the sprites of the Ssmen to give me the ghosts that I wanted. These guys walk through walls and you can’t kill them. See the vault_fd. text file for more info. This is also an excellent co-op level. There is one bug, you can sometimes get a visual plains error in the end area if you try hard enough, but it’s a rare occurance.

Wouldn't this mean that it wasn't originally made for Requiem at all? Damn.

1 hour ago, thestarrover said:

Nomercy.wad This level was originally in submission for Evilution but for some reason never made it. That doesn’t mean it’s not good though! It is a replacement for MAP30 and is very tough. Best in multiplayer as I’ve thrown in a legion of revenants etc.. for that mode. A great  place in the level is the lift that takes you up to the higher level. In deathmatch mode this becomes a struggle to get to the top without being rocketed off it, in co-op mode, the aim is to get past the cyberdemon guarding the top!

Lost Evilution submission???? I'm actually speechless my GOD.

I originally hesitated starting this topic since I wasn't sure anyone would care but these discoveries you made are historical!

I'm going to play through these to see what they're like once I have more time. I'm pretty excited.  

4 minutes ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

@thestarrover Once again, absolutely incredible! Some of these I've never seen mentioned, ever! Holy mother of saltwater fish is this a great discovery. Thank you very much for sharing this. 

Wouldn't this mean that it wasn't originally made for Requiem at all? Damn.

I originally hesitated starting this topic since I wasn't sure anyone would care but these discoveries you made are historical!

I'm going to play through these to see what they're like once I have more time. I'm pretty excited.  

Thank you very much! I found these wads by chance. I simply searching for "Sharareware" on archive.org! Have fun!

Old Doom shovelware CD? I'm in!

EDIT: hunter.wad seems to be corrupted.

Edited by Angry Saint

19 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

EDIT: hunter.wad seems to be corrupted.

It's not, you have to extract HUNTED.A01 instead of HUNTED.ARJ for it to work.

5 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

It's not, you have to extract HUNTED.A01 instead of HUNTED.ARJ for it to work.

thank you for the hint!

2 hours ago, thestarrover said:

-snip-

hoooly shit, this is incredible

i wonder how much more there is to find?

On 4/20/2021 at 3:26 PM, roadworx said:

considering the intent behind it (last great megawad before doom dies blah blah blibbity-blah), i'd assume that they'd wanna keep the bestiary unchanged

considering it was release as a beta and never updated, and knowing how difficult was to communicate via internet on those days, it is possible some of the authors continued working on their maps before knowing it was finally released on endless beta state.

1 hour ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

my god, did i really read that?

An unreleased tnt evilution map?

I always wondered where were them!

my friend, is thanks to you that this long forgotten treasures were found.

Never hestitate to let the community know of your love for team TNT ;)

10 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

hunted.zip

As a normal ZIP, for convenience.

Original timestamps or bust!

Thanks for the download. I tried extracting with 7-zip and the file was still corrupted.